Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 1:12:53 AM EDT
I get called at 0230 this morning, one of my Soldiers has been picked up for DUI and is downtown at the county jail. I go to pick him up. As I'm looking for parking, my cell rings. It's our CQ, our Non-English speaking CQ, letting me know he got the name wrong and the trooper belongs to someone else, HHC to be precise. The CQ literally sings into the Phone "SErgeeeeeent I is Sorrry."      

I am now at home contemplating Homicide

poll
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
poll?

oh, and what is a CQ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Um...

I'm trying to read the words between the smilies, having a hard time with comprehension.

So, what happened again?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Um...

I'm trying to read the words between the smilies, having a hard time with comprehension.

So, what happened again?

I get called at 0230 this morning,  one of my Soldiers has been picked up for DUI and is downtown at the county jail. I go to pick him up. As I'm looking for parking, my cell rings. It's our CQ, our Non-English speaking CQ, letting me know he got the name wrong and the trooper belongs to someone else, HHC to be precise. The CQ literally sings into the Phone "SErgeeeeeent I is Sorrry."

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
CQ

Charge Of Quarters.

He is on duty through the night answering the phone, doing security checks etc.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
poll?

oh, and what is a CQ?

Charge of Quarters.
They are the Company commanders  and First Sergeants representative while they are not at work. Usually an E-5.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]
This
Quoted:
CQ

Charge Of Quarters.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey. He f*cked up. Not as badly as in combat, surely. Let it go.

ETA And I voted for "Find out if his sister is hot."
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
personally, i'd have a fit with his FFL and if they didn't seem concerned, go higher. yes, right now it's misunderstanding a name and being UNPROFESSIONAL!!  in the field, it may be a mistaken lost soldier and a lot of asses on the line!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um...

So, what happened again?

I get called at 0230 this morning,  one of my Soldiers has been picked up for DUI and is downtown at the county jail. I go to pick him up. As I'm looking for parking, my cell rings. It's our CQ, our Non-English speaking CQ, letting me know he got the name wrong and the trooper belongs to someone else, HHC to be precise. The CQ literally sings into the Phone "SErgeeeeeent I is Sorrry."

Quoted:
CQ

Charge Of Quarters.

OK, think I get it from the above translators.

I'd be pissed.

eta: who is this? "HHC to be precise"
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:55:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um...

So, what happened again?

Quoted:
CQ

Charge Of Quarters.

OK, think I get it from the above translators.

I'd be pissed.

eta: who is this? "HHC to be precise"

Our Battalions collection of Headquarters weasels. Scouts, Medics, mortars, Cooks Rubbish mostly
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:02:56 AM EDT
[#12]
That sucks.

I told myself I was gonna lose it the next time I heard someone say embrace change, embrace our new president, embrace whatever etc. etc.  

I hate that phrase.  Since you didn't actually say it I'm cool.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the earth needs to get pushed down some
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Rosetta stone english lessons?.....now on the other hand I would not want him calling in a fire mission if I were in the area.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#15]
HHC = Headquarters Company.

Since he says "Trooper" I'm guessing he's cavalry.

A battalion would have

HHC
A Troop
B Troop
C Troop
D Troop

Each is a company sized element, the "Troops" would be the fighting part, HHC would be the headquarters element for the battalion.

In other words, the Trooper that got arrested belonged to the battalion, but the CQ called the wrong company.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:22:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This. Beat your goddamn face hero

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Since he says "Trooper" I'm guessing he's cavalry. Paratrooper Dammit!!!

A battalion would have

HHC
A Troop
B Troop
C Troop
D Troop

Each is a company sized element, the "Troops" would be the fighting part, HHC would be the headquarters element for the battalion.

In other words, the Trooper that got arrested belonged to the battalion, but the CQ called the wrong company.

Ahem, Note the avatar I am Airborne Infantry!!!!! No DATs
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Multiculturalism is fine, at home.

For a society, it is utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A battalion would have

HHC
A Troop
B Troop
C Troop
D Troop

What post - when I saw your AZ hometown indicator I was expecting Sierra Vista shennanigans, but I don't think we have all that many airborne at Huachuca nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd have his butt counseled.  His inabiliy to communicate effectively caused problems for the unit- ie, you.  And that is definitely something that is acountable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
This is the easiest poll in the history of arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A battalion would have

HHC
A Troop
B Troop
C Troop
D Troop

What post - when I saw your AZ hometown indicator I was expecting Sierra Vista shennanigans, but I don't think we have all that many airborne at Huachuca nowadays.

I'm from Az. I'm at Ft. Bragg now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Yup I keep imagining that dance thread from yesterday
Quoted:
This is the easiest poll in the history of arfcom.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Find out where he lives. Call him at 0230 three days in a row. Wait 3 days. Repeat.

ETA: Poll results look like "the finger". Heh heh heh.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd do his sister whether she was hot or not.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#26]
The soldier got a DUI and you got out of bed at 0230? You should have let him rot until morning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I think he needs to enjoy CQ a LOT in the future.  Since in needs to be manned 24 hours a day, he needs to do it 7 days a week.  Every night.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a call like this about a year ago. The only exception was that it was one of my guys. Top called me at 0300ish. He asked what I was going to do and I said let him sit for a while. I was a little drunk myself (went to bed at 2 ish).

He said fine but I was to get him before Monday morning. This was on a Fri. I went and got him at like 1000 the next morning. Civ PD though it was funny that I left him in there for so long. I really wanted to leave him in there till Mon and tag on a AWOL charge too. But I would have gotten in trouble for that one since I was told to go get him.

You guys have to get them right away?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This. a bit of front!back!go! wouldnt hurt either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. a bit of front!back!go! wouldnt hurt either.
Bring the smoke.....

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Just be happy it wasn't your Soldier. Or else your NCOs above you would be demanding you to tell them why YOUR Soldier is all fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
sorry to hijack but this reminded me of the green card marine http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/19/greencard.marine/index.html#cnnSTCText

i went to school with his LT
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for serving...

and...

fuck his sister.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks for serving...

and...

fuck his sister.

You're welcome
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Shoulda joined the AirForce.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#36]
How in the fuck can you be in the U.S. Military and not speak English?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How in the fuck can you be in the U.S. Military and not speak English?

You volunteer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
If the CQ was lower in Rank than E-5, then I would have fun with him, but since this CQ was E-5, I would have to give it some thought, and get creative, unless the CQ did right with some kind of cool apology, or something from his end to let me know that he realized he messed up. Depends on what kind of troop he is also. If this is a one time deal, ok, I can handle it, but if this is par for the course for this particular NCO, then hammer time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#39]
1.  Find out if his sister is hot, then post pics-here and in the barracks.

2.  Pay the little fuckstick a visit on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The soldier got a DUI and you got out of bed at 0230? You should have let him rot until morning.

If it's on base, you have to pick them up.  Most towns have a similiar agreement with the neighboring base.  Anchorage is strange because it won't let the military pick the clown up until he's 100% sober, had his initial hearing, and has bonded himself out of jail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's on base, you have to pick them up.  Most towns have a similiar agreement with the neighboring base.  Anchorage is strange because it won't let the military pick the clown up until he's 100% sober, had his initial hearing, and has bonded himself out of jail.

Sounds about right to me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top