Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/27/2003 3:00:42 AM EDT
I get this letter from them stating that they are not renewing my insurance policy because of 2 speeds I got in June and July of 2002. Its only been about 18 months or so but can they legally do that? I have my homeowners and my umbrella policy with them should I blow them off? I'm sure my homeowners will now go up because I dont have that preferred customer bullshit anymore. Insurance sucks  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:35:04 AM EDT
Its perfectly legal and yeah it sucks. I had mine cancelled when i was a kid and backed into a parked car at <5mph (i was an idiot). In general i have an intense dislike for the whole insurance scam in the first place. My opinion is that you should tell the company that your sending your money elsewhere and tell them exactly why too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:03:28 AM EDT
mag162 - Glad I saw this.  I'm a licensed insurance agent in 45 states and sell auto, home, and umbrella for 16 different companies through Ford's Insurance Services (Ford Motor Company).  Unfortunately, insurance companies can cancel you for just about any reason.  Some are very bad about it, others aren't.  

May I ask what company is it and what state do you live in?  Often this is a prelude to the company pulling out of the state.  They start coming up with BS reasons to cancel coverage on people and then pull out completely because they've had to pay out a lot in claims last year.

As much as you may hate insurance, unfortunately it is required :(  But I've actually helped out a few people here on the boards get some damn good prices on their insurance.  Since I don't make a commission (I'm salaried, which is cool because our customers get the rates straight from the insurance company without the typical 20% bump up for the agent commision) I am normally saving people a lot of dough.

You may also end up losing your umbrella since normally you have to have your auto AND umbrella with the same company.  And yes, your home will increase because you will lose the multi-policy discount.

Shoot me an email or call me if you'd like and I'll see what I can do for ya.

1-877-367-3847  - hit option 8, then recording will ask for my ext. - that is 3007.

Or email: eric.field@inslogic.com

Or PM me here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:07:24 AM EDT
GREY PM IS INCOMING
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:16:56 AM EDT
Tagged

My insurance is up for renewal at the end of next month.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:12:53 AM EDT
tagged
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:57:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By einnor1040:
tagged
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:55:57 AM EDT
My insurance company sent me a "rebate" check for $128 four days before Christmas.

I love USAA!
Top Top