Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:47:42 PM EDT
I went to the range for the 2nd time this summer today. I was shooting supported on some sand bags with my Chinese SKS when after about 5 clips of ammo slow-fired, I noticed a small plume of black smoke coming up from the area where the barrel touched the sandbags. I looked down and I noticed it was smoking and a small flame was flickering on .

I took my glass of water and poured some of it on their, and then pulled the sand bags back so I could rest the handguard on it.

I also learned today that I am capable of shooting minute-of-looter . I hit center of the target repeatedly with my SKS and M1.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I went to the range for the 2nd time this summer today. I was shooting supported on some sand bags with my Chinese SKS when after about 5 clips of ammo slow-fired, I noticed a small plume of black smoke coming up from the area where the barrel touched the sandbags. I looked down and I noticed it was smoking and a small flame was flickering on .

I took my glass of water and poured some of it on their, and then pulled the sand bags back so I could rest the handguard on it.

I also learned today that I am capable of shooting minute-of-looter . I hit center of the target repeatedly with my SKS and M1.

Ask CajunMojo about range fires. He knows a thing or two about those.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:28 PM EDT
2nd time this summer? I sometimes go twice a weekend. I don't understand gun owners who don't shoot regularly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:51 PM EDT
yeah man you need to get out more

Im at the range at least once a week sometimes two if im that bored.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:54:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
2nd time this summer? I sometimes go twice a weekend. I don't understand gun owners who don't shoot regularly.

I used to shoot regularly, but I've been sitting at home waiting for work for about 3 weeks, so no ammo money. Offshore employee.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
Minute of looter? No offense, but do you really think they'll let you set up a bench and sand bags so you can shoot them?

G
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:55:35 PM EDT
call the atf, i think you made an incendiary.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:57:40 PM EDT

If it wasn't so ridiculous for a gallon of gas, I'd allocate funds to ammunition instead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:01:42 PM EDT
I'm hopefully going to scope the SKS here pretty soon so I can improve my groups. Yes, this is the 2nd time I've shot this summer. I don't do it much because I don't have the money sometimes.

My M1 will still not function right . It's been reduced to a glorified bolt-action .

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:00:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zack3g:

BAHH! was just a trash can
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:34:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Please do tell.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:40:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 7:49:18 PM EDT by Ineedhelp]

Perhaps its because not everyone can afford the gas it takes to drive to a range or purchase bullets by the pallet.....so STFU.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:44:44 PM EDT

I'm hopefully going to scope the SKS here pretty soon so I can improve my groups. Yes, this is the 2nd time I've shot this summer. I don't do it much because I don't have the money sometimes.

My M1 will still not function right . It's been reduced to a glorified bolt-action .

BR.com

Go to the M1 section. Many guys there who have forgotten more about the M1 than I'll ever learn. A lot of the have left the site, but there's still many to help you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:18 PM EDT
Hit www.battlerifles.com, like the man said - great fuckin' site.
Oh yea - don't scope your SKS please.
Please.
Simonov cries out from his grave to you!
Buy a sight adjustment tool if you don't already have one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:27:00 PM EDT

I don't understand gun owners who don't shoot regularly.

Grab the tanks, gas up the boat, put on the suit and weights, swim down, dig through the mud...it's just a hassle, dude.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:46:27 PM EDT
It was pretty cool watching the bullets impact the berm-HUGE dust clouds from my 3006 and the .243 from the guy next to me.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:15:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Please do tell.

I'll let him tell the story. I only had one line, and it was "Dude, I think you set the can on fire"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:06 AM EDT
I remember catching a sandbag on fire with my Bushmaster Dissy the first time I took it out. I was thinking, "What's that smell?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ineedhelp:

Perhaps its because not everyone can afford the gas it takes to drive to a range or purchase bullets by the pallet.....so STFU.

Or afford time off of work or have a truck (since the road isn't paved to any of the ranges within 60 miles) to borrow to get there. Like many guys I know, I work seven days a week so taking an afternoon off means lost income. I haven't been shooting since my birthday four years ago. I was hoping to go last Sunday on my birthday, but the guy I was going with that has a 4x4 had to back-out.z
Top Top