Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2006 2:32:48 AM EST
"Hypothetically speaking, if a guy asked you to remove his cats what would you hypothetically do?"

His answer?

"Hypothetically you wouldnt get a receipt."

I thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:36:10 AM EST
I used to have a turbocharged car, a 1989 Toyota Supra, had ported turbo elbow, 3" downpipe, high flow Random Technology cat, 3" cat back HKS exhaust, spearco intercooler, boost controller. I passed inspections and got performance out of the Random Technology cat converter.

Had no turbo lag at all, in fact, the boost gauge always read 0 psi of boost instead of showing a vacuum, stomp on the gas pedal and the turbo was already spooled and spooled up some more. Was sweet!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:38:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
"Hypothetically speaking, if a guy asked you to remove his cats what would you hypothetically do?"

His answer?

I thought it was funny.

Thinking about it Pooby?
No vehicle inspections in Fl!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:32:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Punani:

His answer?

I thought it was funny.

Thinking about it Pooby?

Most definitely!

I can buy a true x-pipe section to replace the cats for $129. Cut out the cats, weld in the piece, bingo, bango, freeflow!!
The C5 vette has an h-pipe but the hole inside the h-section is only about the size of a quarter. No real cross flow. Dont ask me why.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:58:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 3:59:10 AM EST by drfcolt]

His answer?

I thought it was funny.

It would also probably start throwing codes ....

I know 2005-2006 Mustang GT's do.

This can be eliminated by a installing a set of Streeda MIL eliminators or re-program it with XCAL2 or something similar.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:09:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By Punani:

His answer?

I thought it was funny.

Thinking about it Pooby?

Most definitely!

I can buy a true x-pipe section to replace the cats for $129. Cut out the cats, weld in the piece, bingo, bango, freeflow!!
The C5 vette has an h-pipe but the hole inside the h-section is only about the size of a quarter. No real cross flow. Dont ask me why.

All it does is balance the exhaust pulses to assist with scavenging and blow down. There is no 'cross flow'.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:05:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By drfcolt:

His answer?

I thought it was funny.

It would also probably start throwing codes ....

I know 2005-2006 Mustang GT's do.

This can be eliminated by a installing a set of Streeda MIL eliminators or re-program it with XCAL2 or something similar.

02 sims have to be installed, I dont have the software to eliminate them in the PCM.

All it does is balance the exhaust pulses to assist with scavenging and blow down. There is no 'cross flow'.

Semantics, you knew what I meant.
Top Top