Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 9:42:16 PM EDT
it seems we have one less gun store to shop at, both stores are up for sale, and i hear the inventory almost nil.
so turners will have almost no competition now

another SoCal gun store goes down, the list so far is BnE guns, RnJ guns, (i think) arrowhead sports and a couple others i cant think of.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to figure something out about BnB. I believe they were started in the 70's by a UCLA graduate.  The guns available back then were less than the selection today, even considering the SB15 and SB23 ban list.

I would still think they had a close to normal clientele including internet sales, so what happened?

There's also the Pony Express in Van Nuys near the Bud plant (Bush gardens).
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
not sure what happened, i never bought from them, and i thought they did a lot of LEO sales. i kinda doubt that the recent laws put a major hurt on them, theres still almost 600 pistols they can sell in kalif and all other rifles and shotguns, very little stuff they sold was banned.
i know they were busted by the DOJ for over charging customers on transfers, like $50 and storage fees and other BS.

i know a few years ago RnJ was having glocks converted to FA and got busted doing that.

never been to pony express, but theres martin b rettings in culver city, although a bit pricey
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i guess thats a possible reason, its actually the reason why gun sales across the country are down -- saturated market.
i think maybe they had too many expensive items in there stores that werent turning a profit (ie large safes, and weatherby rifles and O/U shotguns) things that are out of reach from most peoples wallets.

oh well, maybe its worth stopping by and seeing if they are liquidating things for CHEAP
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
It sucks too see another store closing up.Although i never bought any thing from them.The people working at the westminster store were all buch of a$$es.their atitude swayed me away from buying from them a couple of years ago.Ask a question about something got smart ass answers.For those who  are lokking for another store in oc there is arm usa in anaheim very friendly staff and carrys a good selection of guns and accessories.lots of .50.have been going there since i moved from long beach to fullerton,and have found everything i needed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
orginally posted by Big_Bear:
Now we have Bush, Ashcroft, Cheney, etal... and the complacency factor sets in. There's no ban looming over us and people don't feel the need to rush out and buy a gun before it's banned.
View Quote

I gotta diasgree what with living in Cali. I am still buying stuff like crazy.  Still buying FAL parts before the Cal DOJ figures someway to ban them.  Still need more pistols before these new handgun regs. have a chance to pass.  You know a 50cal BMG is also likely to be banned in Cali so I am not letting up.

Link Posted: 8/25/2001 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Was in a local shop the other day and the owner said business was great.

It's funny, I don't get quite the thrill going into the shops anymore, knowing there are no black rifles waiting for me.  The only thing catching my interest are the M1A I want but can't afford and a Kimber Eclipse I can't afford.  They don't even have the Spanish FR-8 so I can at least buy SOMETHING.

If the liscensing bill passes I suspect another boom year for handgun sales.  I just hope is passes soon so I can start buying my one a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top