Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/14/2016 9:56:09 PM EDT
One inch. The news is "stay at home and off the roads or your gonna die!!!1!1"

Saw 2 wrecks earlier when I went out for errands. Just took my son for a walk around the neighborhood. Heard sirens in every direction.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
4 and half hours later for a 5 mile drive. later and I am finally home so I will fix my grammar errors. Sorry guys but I was board since nothing was moving and using my phone to type for me because I have sausage fingers.

Yeah some people need to listen to the news and just stay home. I drove by a 20-car pile-up. While stuck on the hill to the over pass,  the car in front of the car in front of me was trying to turn around then slid into the car in front of me and then they both slid into the pile up. I wish I had used my phone for that instead of typing the original reply.

I got finally got past that to try to get on to I205, I saw there was a  9 car pile up on the on-ramp, so it was closed. Sometimes it's best to listen to the news in this case and just stay home.

One of the problems in Portland area is that we only get snow a couple times a year. Some years no snow unless you drive to the mountains. The state because of some so called "environmental" reasons does not allow the use of salt on the roads, so every packs down and turns into ice.

Because we get so little snow in the Portland area most people do not get snow tires or even carry chains and the weather reports are usually quite dramatic when there is the slightest chance of snow and all we get is a light dusting.  I think many people do not take them very seriously anymore, so when there is actually a real snow fall some people are not prepared.

We have a lot of hills in the Portland area thats probably the biggest problems since most of the pile ups and spin outs were on the hills stopping traffic.  

The car I saw slide into the other was actually a Jeep wrangler which is a four wheel drive so he felt confident enough to try to turn around but on a sheet of ice unless you have snow tires it does no good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No snow in Seattle 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you know how to drive in the snow that we rarely get in the Portland area, it's best to just to stay home rather than spending hours to make what is normally a 15 min. drive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife left her office around 2pm.  Still not home.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah some people need to listen to that advice and just stay home I just drove by a 20-car pile-up the car in front of the car in front of me slipped was trying to turn around then slid into the car in front of me and they both slid into the pile up and then I got finally got past that after an hour to try to get on to 2:05 and there was a 9 car pile up on the on-ramp so it was closed so yes it's best to listen to the news in this case and just stay home
View Quote

Use sentences.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Who says they had brains in the first part? Dirty hippy Mecca
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah some people need to listen to that advice and just stay home I just drove by a 20-car pile-up the car in front of the car in front of me slipped was trying to turn around then slid into the car in front of me and they both slid into the pile up and then I got finally got past that after an hour to try to get on to 2:05 and there was a 9 car pile up on the on-ramp so it was closed so yes it's best to listen to the news in this case and just stay home
View Quote

Punctuation dude, learn it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Use sentences.
View Quote
Sorry I was stuck in a parking lot waiting for traffic to start moving. My phone is doing the typing. Didn't realized that it was that bad and that it mattered so much.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Like that made any sense
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope the roads are plowed and all the dirty hippies need to slosh through 2 feet of dirty city snow.

Safe travels for normal folks, I hope
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I stuck in a parking lot I'm talking on my phone I'm not typing so next time when I'm typing I will you send this to make you happy not
View Quote

Derp derp derp.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#12]
don't they know how to deal with snow?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Snowing and blowing like a bastard in Toivola MI today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
What's snow?

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is truly unbelievable to me that in late 2016 we still have this shit going on.
How can you not read that and say, the fuck did I just type here?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Its because they're ALL originally from California! Nobody around here knows how to drive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope everything is OK
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Problem is we get it once such a small amount of snow each year and Oregon does not use salt on the roads to keep it from turning to ice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take a breath....in, out, in...good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#20]
If you think Portland is bad you should see Alabama when the weather man PREDICTS snow. It doesn't even have to actually be snowing for the roads to turn into a shit show.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Problem is we get it once a year if you're lucky unless you're somebody that lives in eastern Oregon or unless you drive out in the mountains a lot but most people in Portland just don't know how to drive in it and so they slide into each other usually it's because they didn't get snow tires or chains for the one day of snow we get every year
View Quote

Tomorrow, when your blood alcohol content dips down below 0.40, please let us know what you were trying to say.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Trump had Russia do it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#23]
In this thread, billbo teaches everyone how to have an incuced asthema attack.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hope everything is OK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope everything is OK

Usually a 20 minute commute.  Has to pee.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Tomorrow, when your blood alcohol content dips down below 0.40, please let us know what you were trying to say.
View Quote

LOL when I start my novel and actually write something that matters I'll take time to put some periods in. obviously somebody here is on the rag.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought everyone in Portland drove a Subaru.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In this thread, billbo teaches everyone how to have an incuced asthema attack.
View Quote

Damn, can we have him teach spelling instead?  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Wife left at 4 when the office closed.  She made it 5 blocks in 1.5 hours.  She is pissed and having dinner at a restaurant now.  She has AWD and snowflake rated tires.  These morons in sedans with all seasons need to get off the road.

The part that really pissed me off is the school district fucked up royally.  Buses are running super late due to traffic leaving some kids still at school and they said they were closing the buildings at 6.  Meanwhile, parents are stuck in the gridlock.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#29]
My dad has been stuck in traffic for 3 hours now
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe I'll fix my grammar when I get home. Traffic is still not moving.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#31]
The problem isn't that you're talking into your phone. It's that you're talking into your phone in run-on sentences longer than some paragraphs in Atlas Shrugged.

Call it being on the rag if you want. Ad hominem is always an argument winner.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Isn't Oregon like Canada's back pocket?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
don't they know how to deal with snow?
View Quote

I don't know how much it snows in Portland, but if it's very little they might not. Around here there is snow on the ground maybe 5 days a year give or take. I've always planned around it when it's forecasted and have never driven in snow, don't know how, and am not going to try to learn in a RWD Mustang.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Pansies...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know how much it snows in Portland, but if it's very little they might not. Around here there is snow on the ground maybe 5 days a year give or take. I've always planned around it when it's forecasted and have never driven in snow, don't know how, and am not going to try to learn in a RWD Mustang.
View Quote

I learned to drive in the snow in a RWD GM 1970 muscle car. It had a steep learning curve.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Here in northern Indiana, we can see quite a bit of snow every winter due to "lake effect" accumulation.  So you would think everyone who lives here can drive in it.  NOPE.  Every year the first significant snowfall accumulation results in multiple accidents and pile-ups.  After that first snowfall, there aren't near as many accidents for the rest of the winter because people finally slow down.

I just don't understand how people can forget how to drive in the snow.  We see it every year.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#37]
apparently not "Tahoe trained"

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you think Portland is bad you should see Alabama when the weather man PREDICTS snow. It doesn't even have to actually be snowing for the roads to turn into a shit show.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383515/IMG-0808-107771.JPG
View Quote

Southern Snow is much more slippery!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is truly unbelievable to me that in late 2016 we still have this shit going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Unless the snow is deep enough to hang my car up on it I'm gonna drive.

Ice? Yeah, I can handle that, too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#41]
MAGA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I thought everyone in Portland drove a Subaru.
View Quote

here in Tahoe Subaru drivers are the worst, overconfident and the ones in the ditch every fucking time
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Driving in the snow is fun. But being stuck in traffic because of it is not. Ah yes learning how to put punctuation using phone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Unless the snow is deep enough to hang my car up on it I'm gonna drive.

Ice? Yeah, I can handle that, too.
View Quote

Would a couple thousand parked cars surrounding you slow you down?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#45]
There's been snow on the ground here for more than a week. 

Each time I take a corner if nobody's with a couple hundred yards in front I punch the accelerator and kick the rear end out then steer it back straight.

A few times people see what I'm doing and when they go by I can tell by the looks on their faces they think I'm crazy, I'm just having fun.

A full size pickup coming down the road sideways is a sight.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#46]
No one believes the weather forecast and then it starts to snow, everything closes and everyone tries to go home at the same time.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Problem is we get it once a year if you're lucky unless you're somebody that lives in eastern Oregon or unless you drive out in the mountains a lot but most people in Portland just don't know how to drive in it and so they slide into each other usually it's because they didn't get snow tires or chains for the one day of snow we get every year

Excuse me stewardess, I speak drunk Oregonian.

"Portland gets snow maybe once per year.  Eastern Oregonians get more snow, and Portlanders who drive to the mountains will get experience driving in it.  But most people who live in Portland do not have the equipment or experience to prevent themselves from crashing into each other."
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#48]
 SNow ?
 That 's the stuff we use to build race tracks here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#49]
This even happens in MN every fall during the first snow. Seems everyone forgets how to drive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Now to be fair there are many hills in the area. It doesn't take much incline to stop the mightiest of the snow pros. Flatlanders use to 10in of snow would be as shit out of luck as everyone here is.

I left work at 2:30 and got home at 4. Normally it takes me 30 mins. I called it a win.

Still snowing. Everything will be shut down tomorrow. SHUT DOWN. Except coffee shops...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top