Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 7:23:56 AM EDT
Arizona's snow and rain moved to New Mexico over night.  I live in north central New Mexico at 6,000 feet elevation.  12,000 to 13,000 foot mountain peaks on either side of me.  Lots of snow in the mountains.  About 2 to 3 inches where I'm at, maybe a little more.  Will try to include some PICS for ya.

The snow is supposed to move out later today.  Much needed moisture as we are in a prolonged drought.  Lots of happy people here.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
bbkiote: those real beautiful pictures.  What are we looking at here?

The problem with snow is that they don't have all that much moisture, but it is water anyways and better than nothing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
That's some pretty architecture.  Is that a condo complex, upper scale housing, or what.

I've spent alot of time in NM, but more central and southern.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  It is really beautiful here.  This is where I live.  It is my house and guest house.  I am so fortunate to be able to live in such beautiful country.  We don't get snow very often, so when we do it is quite spectacular to us.  It is high desert where I live.  6,000 ft.  Thanks again for the replies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that is beautiful.....love the house!

Thanks for sharing..........
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the great house.  Wish we could get some of that white stuff down south.  Though the last time we did people couldn't figure out how to drive in it and were flying off of overpasses
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the first decent amount of moisture we've received for months.  Seems to be quite a wet snow.  But will take a lot more to get us back to normal, whatever that is.  I suppose some of us that live in New Mexico will be posting pics of forest fires in a few months, so I thought a few pics of some "white" moisture would be nice.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#7]
This is my place in southern NM. It is a work in progress. The top pic is from 2 years ago and the bottom pic was taken last year:

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice pics.  Wow great work on the front.  Beautiful stone work and log siding.  Looks great.  Maybe some snow there in that 2 year old shot?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  It is really beautiful here.  This is where I live.  It is my house and guest house.  I am so fortunate to be able to live in such beautiful country.  We don't get snow very often, so when we do it is quite spectacular to us.  It is high desert where I live.  6,000 ft.  Thanks again for the replies.

I envy you.  Your house is bigger than my lot in Los Angeles.  I grew up in the small town of Barstow CA(home of Ft. Irwin NTC and the largest USMC supply base west of the Mississippi) in the Mojave Desert about 130 miles n. of Los Angeles, and it snowed a few times when I lived their as a kid.  I can remember how it cover my parents house and all of the desert, and of course the fun I had with my sis in building a snow man.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
looks like Taos, I love that place
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea.  I know where Barstow is.  Been thru there many times.  Was in Navy in SoCal back in the 60's and early seventys.  San Diego and, Oceanside and 29 Palms.  Went thru Barstow to get to Las Vegas a few times to play on weekends.  Still get thru there once in a while as we have friends in LA area.  I'll bet it was pretty there too when it snowed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how many vehicle accidents that puss-amount of snow has caused?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I love northern NM!

Send me some chiles.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#14]
bbkiote: I see that you are something missing in your pics, where the snow man buddy?  You've got to put up a snow man, if not that at least do a snow angel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been to Taos, Angel Fire, Eagle's Nest, Raton (NRA Whittington Center!), etc.  Really liked it out there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Wish I was there.  I love the snow, too bad i'm in the sandbox right now; no snow in july.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn it bbkiote!!! Stop it right now!!! Your making me homesick!!!

I grew up in the Cerrillos area, lived and hunted all around north central NM, Iv'e been stuck here in this frakkin desert (Yuma, AZ) 20+ years, I'd love to move back someday before I die....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
OK.  Here is a New Mexico Snow Angel for you.  It's the best I could do.  Snow is melting fast and besides I'm to old to go out and lay in it to make a real legit snow Angel.  I'm about 35 miles south of Taos on the Rio Grand River.

Stay safe ffhounddog.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
AZMAN-1.   It really is the Land of Enchantment.  Don't know where I'd rather be.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OK.  Here is a New Mexico Snow Angel for you.  It's the best I could do.  Snow is melting fast and besides I'm to old to go out and lay in it to make a real legit snow Angel.  I'm about 35 miles south of Taos on the Rio Grand River.
i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/BBKiote/DSCN0629.jpg
Stay safe ffhounddog.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
AZMAN-1.   It really is the Land of Enchantment.  Don't know where I'd rather be.  

Northern NM is the only other place I'd consider living. I really really like your state.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice pics.  Wow great work on the front.  Beautiful stone work and log siding.  Looks great.  Maybe some snow there in that 2 year old shot?

Thanks, we are working our way around the cabin, replacing windows and adding the siding and the rock base. There is a bit of snow in the top pic. No snow there this year though:(.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top