Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 3:52:13 PM EDT
The top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee called on federal officals Thursday to investigate the marketing of sniper rifles,saying the weapons"pose a real danger to the civilian population."The request from Rep.John Conyers,D-Mich.Conyers wants the Federal Trade Commission to investigate the marketing and sale of military rifles to the U.S. public.Conyers stated that "There is no legitimate purpose for a military rifle other then to make war." He said"There is no reason these rifles should be marketed to civilians."Conyers complained that ads for military-style rifles boast of being able to shoot down airplanes and helicopters,and shooting through armored vehicles.

This guy doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground.How the hell do people like this get elected?

On the lighter side damn id like to have one of them there Military-style sniper rifles that can shot down a f-18 flying mach 2 at 38000ft.or let alone one that could knock out a tank or a wheeled APC lol.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The yellow journalism is just getting started tonight on my local TV news. They are running a "in depth" special about "Sniper Weapons", the “Sniper Culture” and advocating a general ban of these dangerous weapons. Of course, they are flipping back and forth between video of a Barrett .50 cal and the story of the Maryland Sniper. Interjecting tidbits of "these shoot for miles", "why do you need a gun like this", displaying only a .50 cal round. I guess the .223 is too diminutive to have the right visual impact so every scene with a bullet cartridge is a bait and switch with a .50 cal whenever possible. Like everyone with black rifles has been saying for years, hunters your next on the ban list. No more hiding behind “my gun is for "Sporting Purposes" or "Hunting" only”. I don’t see the need to own an Assault Rifle. The media is now portraying all scoped rifles as "HIGH POWERED" killing machines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top