Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 1:24:45 PM EDT
For a month Sniper_Wolfe's computer has been turning the monitor off and going into power saving mode. It will go to "sleep" and nothing can be done to revive it except resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumper then turning it back on. If you restart the computer without resetting the CMOS the monitor will never "wake up." I've tried it with a different monitor so we're sure it's an issue with the computer. I've tried turning off all of the XP Power Saver options as well as some of the BIOS options. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. This is becoming quite frustrating.

Edit: Posted by EladEflow (He never logs off)

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
right click on back ground

properties

screensaver

Monitor Power(energy)

Power schemes "home office/desk"

System standby - "never"

turn off monitor  - "5 mins"
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
right click on back ground

properties

screensaver

Monitor Power(energy)

Power schemes "home office/desk"

System standby - "never"

turn off monitor  - "5 mins"

He said he's already tried that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
replace the cmos battery with a new one.. if that doesn't fix it most likely a mother board problem
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
replace the cmos battery with a new one.. if that doesn't fix it most likely a mother board problem

that would be my guess, also, have u tried updating the bios?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure the monitor cable is securely in the video card plug-in.  The computer might be losing the signal from the monitor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For a month Sniper_Wolfe's computer has been turning the monitor off and going into power saving mode. It will go to "sleep" and nothing can be done to revive it except resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumper then turning it back on. If you restart the computer without resetting the CMOS the monitor will never "wake up." I've tried it with a different monitor so we're sure it's an issue with the computer. I've tried turning off all of the XP Power Saver options as well as some of the BIOS options. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. This is becoming quite frustrating.

Edit: Posted by EladEflow (He never logs off)

Is it a Gigabyte motherboard? I've RMA'd two in the past year for that same crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top