Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 1:25:19 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
For a month Sniper_Wolfe's computer has been turning the monitor off and going into power saving mode. It will go to "sleep" and nothing can be done to revive it except resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumper then turning it back on. If you restart the computer without resetting the CMOS the monitor will never "wake up." I've tried it with a different monitor so we're sure it's an issue with the computer. I've tried turning off all of the XP Power Saver options as well as some of the BIOS options. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. This is becoming quite frustrating.

Edit: Posted by EladEflow (He never logs off)

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:30:13 PM EDT
right click on back ground

properties

screensaver
Monitor Power(energy)

Power schemes "home office/desk"

System standby - "never"

turn off monitor - "5 mins"
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:
right click on back ground

properties

screensaver
Monitor Power(energy)

Power schemes "home office/desk"

System standby - "never"

turn off monitor - "5 mins"

He said he's already tried that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
replace the cmos battery with a new one.. if that doesn't fix it most likely a mother board problem
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:42:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:
replace the cmos battery with a new one.. if that doesn't fix it most likely a mother board problem

that would be my guess, also, have u tried updating the bios?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:43:08 PM EDT
Make sure the monitor cable is securely in the video card plug-in. The computer might be losing the signal from the monitor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:02:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
For a month Sniper_Wolfe's computer has been turning the monitor off and going into power saving mode. It will go to "sleep" and nothing can be done to revive it except resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumper then turning it back on. If you restart the computer without resetting the CMOS the monitor will never "wake up." I've tried it with a different monitor so we're sure it's an issue with the computer. I've tried turning off all of the XP Power Saver options as well as some of the BIOS options. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. This is becoming quite frustrating.

Edit: Posted by EladEflow (He never logs off)

Is it a Gigabyte motherboard? I've RMA'd two in the past year for that same crap.
Top Top