Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:38:20 PM EDT
I went to a conference today. The guy sitting in front of me was clearly a smoker, he stunk to “high heaven”. As a matter of fact, he smelled so bad, my sinus’ started to clog and my eyes began to water (I am allergic to cigarette smoke).

During the breaks, about 15 smokers would push past everyone to be the first out the door in order to light up as soon as humanly possible. Of course, they hovered about 7 feet away from the entrance (ostensibly to benefit from the escaping air conditioning); so every time the door opened and closed, it would sweep about 30 cubic feet of cheap GPC tobacco smoke into the hall.

I sat and looked at this smoker all day. His fingers were stained yellow, his teeth were brown, his hair was limp and brittle and his premature wrinkles could hold a nickel parallel to the floor for hours.

Why do people do this?

(On a related note, about half of all of the smokers flicked their still-burning butts into the shrubbery…I don’t do this with my gum wrappers—so why is this OK for cigarettes?)

In my life, I have not voted for the banning of smoking in public places because I believe that it is not the .gov’s job to stick its nose into every little thing. However, I can honestly say that many of the places my wife and I frequent are much more enjoyable than they were before. In the future, I think I just may vote for every smoking ban that comes my way.

Honestly, it truly seems to me that the average smoker is either so clueless (with regard to the manner in which he or she is decreasing the enjoyment of the concert, party, etc. for those around them) or they simply do not care. I fail to see a meaningful difference between the two--but there you have it.

The most annoying smoker is the one that just has to light up at the table where other people are still eating. What the hell? If I had a bad case of gas, and I simply couldn’t hold it in; I would politely excuse myself and go outside to fart or use the restroom. Why don’t smokers understand that what they do smells just as terrible (if not worse), and I really don’t want their white trash smell in my hair or clothes (much less my face as I am eating)?

At the end of the day, it seems to me that smokers in general are more narcissistic than most of the population. Before they light up, they will mumble the obligatory “Do you mind?”; but if one were to venture a simple “Yes, I do.” for an answer, the smoker would have a fit. Smokers regularly opine about “their rights”. They maintain that you could leave the area. But, sadly this is not always an option for the non-smoker.

Take, for instance, an individual waiting for a shuttle at the airport. As one stands in line, it is not uncommon for that person to be subjected to about 4 or 5 people smoking around them.

Smokers will maintain that they have every right to be there. And, they will maintain that they have every right to smoke. On some level, this is true. It is also true that the old lady with cabbage farts has every right to “break wind” on a crowded bus, but common courtesy would dictate otherwise. Why is it so difficult to understand that a smoker’s behavior intrudes on the comfort of those around them? If their behavior is such that this is true, why is it so hard to grasp the simple concept the intruder should remove themselves from the situation, not the intrudee?

Once again, smokers are narcissists. They are not bothered that they inconvenience probably 20 people (on average) per day. They don’t care that they smell like $hit. They don’t care that they will develop cancer (the medical costs of which are frequently spread amongst the population at large), and die early; leaving loved ones behind. They don’t care that they leave their stench on people’s, hands after they shake them, or that they always look and smell a little bit “blue collar”.

In short, I maintain, this simple fact: If you are a smoker, you are an ass.

I am sorry, but it is true.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:41:11 PM EDT by TREETOP]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:42:47 PM EDT
I smoke and ask myself why in the hell i do it everyday. It has to be pure stupidity, where else would a person spend a good chunk of their income to give themselves cancer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:43:33 PM EDT
I hate to say it, but all the smokers at work are total slobs, and I usually have to clean up after them. it is a real downer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:56:05 PM EDT by Lockedon]
Ex Full-time smoker, now rare social smoker.....even when I was puffing away at my peak I thought they should be illegal.
Something this damn addictive should not be avaliable openly and be pushed on TV/Movies every ten seconds.

ETA: Also, it's a drug that really doesn't add anything to your life in my opinion. At least other drugs, (legal ones including alcohol/caffeine) give you some sort of effect you can look forward to. Nicotine merely fills a void which itself created, therefore not giving you anything special IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:51:29 PM EDT
I smoked for about 7.5 years. Have not consumed one of those nasty things in over 20 years.

I am not a rabid anti-smoker, but I see your point. Some people are so addicted to that crap that I believe they don't realize that they are imposing on the rest of the population.

I rarely go into club anymore because all of the smoke makes me ill. To this day I don't understand how I tolerated such poisonous air when I was a smoker. I really like to go and see and support local bands, but only if the venue is outdoors.

It is my personal belief that if bars and clubs banned smoking they would actually increase thier business--at least on the weekends.

For the most part where I work and dine out smokers don't cause me any problems because they are segregated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:57:11 PM EDT by hughjafj]
Why should people be allowed to carry guns, don't they realise that I don't like them and think all gun owners are fucking redneck slobs and don't want their baby killing bullet hoses anywhere near me or my children? They should be banned from public.
And those noisy dangerous gun ranges....

BTW, I'm alergic to it just because I say so and don't like it. Why should anyone do things I don't like and that get my panties in a twist?

You're going down a slippery slope....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:57:27 PM EDT by Moof]
Start the wood chipper...turn off the wood chipper...start the wood chipper...turn off the wood chipper...

I wish you guys would make up your minds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:57:59 PM EDT by WildBoar]
Glad I quit. I hated being a slave to nicotine and making excuses for just about the dumbest habit in the world. Dumbest thing to witness is a peron defend such a stupid habit. I used to until I realized how stupid it was.

I dont look down on other smokers though, I just hope they quit for their own good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:56:43 PM EDT
Funny story.

I was early for the conference today, and it was being held downtown. I ended up about equidistant from a homeless guy and the afore-mentioned smoker. I was (in all seriousness) having a hard time telling who smelled worse. The bum smelled like piss and beer, the smoker like his GPC cigarettes. Tough call, equally intense.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:59:41 PM EDT by slash-5]

Originally Posted By hughjafj:
Why should people be allowed to carry guns, don't they realise that I don't like them and think all gun owners are fucking redneck slobs and don't want their baby killing bullet hoses anywhere near me or my children? They should be banned from public.
And those noisy dangerous gun ranges....

BTW, I'm alergic to it just because I say so and don't like it. Why should anyone do things I don't like and that get my panties in a twist?

You're going down a slippery slope....

When I carry a gun, I don't regularly intrude on someone else's rights with it. Nice try, though.

Remember, this is not about my feelings; it is about simple decency and courtesy. Clearly, the concept is foreign to some.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:59:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slash-5:
Funny story.

I was early for the conference today, and it was being held downtown. I ended up about equidistant from a homeless guy and the afore-mentioned smoker. I was (in all seriousness) having a hard time telling who smelled worse. The bum smelled like piss and beer, the smoker like his GPC cigarettes. Tough call, equally intense.

GPC, I once had to bum one of the off a guy and I had to tear the filter off to eve get anythign from it. It did taste extra nasty though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:01:44 PM EDT

When I carry a gun, I don't regularly intrude on someone else's rights with it. Nice try, though.

Oh yes you do. If we follow your example you intrude on their right to not have to be around them. Plus you're stupid and smell funny from gunpowder and (whine)I'm allergic (whine).

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:02:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:03:37 PM EDT

Remember, this is not about my feelings; it is about simple decency and courtesy. Clearly, the concept is foreign to some.

Oh, I agree, it's only decent for you scumsucking psychotic gun owners to keep your bullet hoses out of my neighborhood and away from my kids. Plus you look stupid with your funny bulges and dumb bumper stickers....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:06:58 PM EDT

ETA: Also, it's a drug that really doesn't add anything to your life in my opinion. At least other drugs, (legal ones including alcohol/caffeine) give you some sort of effect you can look forward to. Nicotine merely fills a void which itself created, therefore not giving you anything special IMHO.

Yes, let's legalize crack and meth!

So, what do you get from gun ownership and freedom?

My cigarette smoke protects me from Slash-5, so there!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:07:36 PM EDT
By reading your post I get the distinct idea that you are incapable of offending
anybody around you...good on you

GM
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:08:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:09:50 PM EDT by slash-5]
All joking aside, smoker's arguments are very similar to those arguments made by the type of neighbor who doesn't care his dog is pooping in your yard.

He will argue about his rights, etc. but miss the point altogether. Which is this: Your behavior is affecting those around you in a negative way. All we are asking for is common courtesy, and decency. Period. No-one is asking you to give up your slavery. We only ask that you conduct your "business" in a thoughtful way. For example, if you have been drinking and are walking to the next bar, I ask if you would please wait to take a leak. You may want to piss on the sidewalk; you may even feel like you have the right. It may even be legal. Still, though, the rest of us have to smell your piss. Wait until you get to the next bar.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:12:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By goodmedicine:
By reading your post I get the distinct idea that you are incapable of offending
anybody around you...good on you

GM

I am sure I offend people at times, but I am not blatant and thoughtless. I would wager that if any of us saw someone being an ass all of the time to everyone around him, we would say something. Well, this is hat smokers do, but for some reason they think it is their “right”. Why? Go somewhere else. Like, 20 feet from an open door. Around the corner. How hard is that?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:13:15 PM EDT

I went to a conference today. The guy sitting in front of me was clearly a smoker, he stunk to “high heaven”. As a matter of fact, he smelled so bad, my sinus’ started to clog and my eyes began to water (I am allergic to cigarette smoke).

During the breaks, about 15 smokers would push past everyone to be the first out the door in order to light up as soon as humanly possible. Of course, they hovered about 7 feet away from the entrance (ostensibly to benefit from the escaping air conditioning); so every time the door opened and closed, it would sweep about 30 cubic feet of cheap GPC tobacco smoke into the hall.

I sat and looked at this smoker all day. His fingers were stained yellow, his teeth were brown, his hair was limp and brittle and his premature wrinkles could hold a nickel parallel to the floor for hours.

Why do people do this?

(On a related note, about half of all of the smokers flicked their still-burning butts into the shrubbery…I don’t do this with my gum wrappers—so why is this OK for cigarettes?)

In my life, I have not voted for the banning of smoking in public places because I believe that it is not the .gov’s job to stick its nose into every little thing. However, I can honestly say that many of the places my wife and I frequent are much more enjoyable than they were before. In the future, I think I just may vote for every smoking ban that comes my way.

Honestly, it truly seems to me that the average smoker is either so clueless (with regard to the manner in which he or she is decreasing the enjoyment of the concert, party, etc. for those around them) or they simply do not care. I fail to see a meaningful difference between the two--but there you have it.

The most annoying smoker is the one that just has to light up at the table where other people are still eating. What the hell? If I had a bad case of gas, and I simply couldn’t hold it in; I would politely excuse myself and go outside to fart or use the restroom. Why don’t smokers understand that what they do smells just as terrible (if not worse), and I really don’t want their white trash smell in my hair or clothes (much less my face as I am eating)?

At the end of the day, it seems to me that smokers in general are more narcissistic than most of the population. Before they light up, they will mumble the obligatory “Do you mind?”; but if one were to venture a simple “Yes, I do.” for an answer, the smoker would have a fit. Smokers regularly opine about “their rights”. They maintain that you could leave the area. But, sadly this is not always an option for the non-smoker.

Take, for instance, an individual waiting for a shuttle at the airport. As one stands in line, it is not uncommon for that person to be subjected to about 4 or 5 people smoking around them.

Smokers will maintain that they have every right to be there. And, they will maintain that they have every right to smoke. On some level, this is true. It is also true that the old lady with cabbage farts has every right to “break wind” on a crowded bus, but common courtesy would dictate otherwise. Why is it so difficult to understand that a smoker’s behavior intrudes on the comfort of those around them? If their behavior is such that this is true, why is it so hard to grasp the simple concept the intruder should remove themselves from the situation, not the intrudee?

Once again, smokers are narcissists. They are not bothered that they inconvenience probably 20 people (on average) per day. They don’t care that they smell like $hit. They don’t care that they will develop cancer (the medical costs of which are frequently spread amongst the population at large), and die early; leaving loved ones behind. They don’t care that they leave their stench on people’s, hands after they shake them, or that they always look and smell a little bit “blue collar”.

In short, I maintain, this simple fact: If you are a smoker, you are an ass.

I am sorry, but it is true.

You poor victim
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:13:39 PM EDT

(Which is this: Your behavior is affecting those around you in a negative way. All we are asking for is common courtesy, and decency. Period. No-one is asking you to give up your slavery. We only ask that you conduct your "business" in a thoughtful way. For example, if you have been drinking and are walking to the next bar, I ask if you would please wait to take a leak. You may want to piss on the sidewalk; you may even fell like you have the right. It may even be legal. Still, though, the rest of us have to smell your piss. Wait until you get to the next bar.)

And that is all the gungrabbers, anti-hunters, anti-SUV, anti-freedom, pro-communists are asking for too. It's perfectly reasonable. Ban them for the children.....

Anyone that is for banning traditional rights we have held in this country since 1776 is an asshole and might as well vote for Hillary in 08. Sorry.

It is your type that ruin it for the rest of us. When you start banning little shit like cigarette smoking it becomes easy to take all our freedoms away.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:17:22 PM EDT by hughjafj]

I am sure I offend people at times, but I am not blatant and thoughtless. I would wager that if any of us saw someone being an ass all of the time to everyone around him, we would say something. Well, this is hat republican gun owners do, but for some reason they think it is their “right”. Why? Go somewhere else. Like, to another country. How hard is that?

You wanna take away American's rights, why don't you go somewhere else, like New York or California. Thye love banning the freedoms of everyday Americans.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:16:58 PM EDT
Whatever. You still smell like shit.

All joking aside, I have never voted for a smoking ban, but I am curious why smokers aren't more curteous. I can't think of another group of people who acts this way and expects people to tolerate their bad behavior without voicing an opinion. Maybe skaters....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:18:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:21:13 PM EDT by slash-5]

I am sure I offend people at times, but I am not blatant and thoughtless. I would wager that if any of us saw someone being an ass all of the time to everyone around him, we would say something. Well, this is hat republican gun owners do, but for some reason they think it is their “right”. Why? Go somewhere else. Like, to another country. How hard is that?

You wanna take away American's rights, why don't you go somewhere else, like New York or California. Thye love banning the freedoms of everyday Americans.

I am not taking away anyone's rights, I am wondering why smokers are jerks. So, answer my question. Why are smokers jerks?

Speaking of which...why is smoking in close proximity to others a right? Is farting in your face my right?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:19:10 PM EDT

All joking aside, I have never voted for a gun ban, but I am curious why gun owners aren't more curteous. I can't think of another group of people who acts this way and expects people to tolerate their bad behavior without voicing an opinion. Maybe skaters....

Feinstein in 08!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:22:22 PM EDT by slash-5]
(you still smell like smoke)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:20:40 PM EDT

I am not taking away anyone's rights, I am wondering why gun owners are jerks. So, answer my question. Why are you a jerk?

We will only take away the bad freedoms like owning assault weapons, not the sniper....er I mean hunting rifles

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:27:07 PM EDT by slash-5]
I think I missed something here. Show me how you get to the point where you think smoking at the same table I am eating at is your right.

Your logic is like the guy who gets pissed because people at the range criticize his poor safety. “Quit trying to take away my guns!” he yells, missing the point that they commentary was in reference to his lack of safety.

I am not trying to take away your “right” to smoke, rather I am wondering why most smokers to it with such callous disregard for those unfortunate enough to be around them.

Nice straw-man arguments, though. Are you sure you are not a DU'er in disguise?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:22:31 PM EDT

(you still smell like shit)

You don't even know me. Stop the personal attacks. I'm sorry if your liberal attitude of ban anything you don't like and cry allergic is untenable in a free country, perhaps you should rethink it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:24:33 PM EDT
The smell of patchouli pisses me off as do liberal attitudes and their propensity to loudly bitch about my president, But I wouldn't ban them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:27:21 PM EDT
I'm an ex smoker, but I still may have one when I'm drinking. However, if I was around people that don't like being around smoke I will not light up at the dinner table or anything like that. I threw my butts in my ashtray or something similar too. It is a nasty habit peroid.

However, I will not buy that courtesy should have anything to do with the arguement. If your at a resturant and someone is smoking it may bother you. However someone's screaming kids bother the hell out of me more than a smoker. Its nice when parents make their kids quit screaming, but courtesy is not guaranteed.

Courtesy is an attitude, and attitude has no bearing on what people should or should not be allowed to do. Oh, and I am a narcissist... I don't care if liberals hate my bullet hoses and I don't give a shit when I kick sand into a liberal's mangina when I counter his argurements based on their "feelings".
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:28:25 PM EDT

(you still smell like shit)

You don't even know me. Stop the personal attacks. I'm sorry if your liberal attitude of ban anything you don't like and cry allergic is untenable in a free country, perhaps you should rethink it.

It's a joke. Lighten up. However, if you are a smoker...you know it's true.

Whaaaaaa! The mean man called me stinky!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:33:26 PM EDT by hughjafj]

Sounds just like a liberal wanting to ban things he doesn't like and doesn't understand how others derive pleasure from something like guns.

Show me how you get to the point where you think smoking at the same table I am eating at is your right.

Cowboy the fuck up and ask them not to. Most will not light up if you be a man and ask them not to. Unless you're being a real nazi and telling them they can't in public and you're sitting in the smoking section or you're in their home.

Your logic is like the guy who gets pissed because people at the range criticize his poor safety. “Quit trying to take away my guns!” he yells, missing the point that they commentary was in reference to his lack of safety.

Oh so they were sticking their cigarettes in your eyes and being unsafe with them or were you just whining like in your first post?

I am not trying to take away your “right” to smoke, rather I am wondering why most smokers to it with such callous disregard for those unfortunate enough to be around them.[/qupte]
And that's exactly what the anti-whatevers say when they are infringing on others' rights.

If anyone is a troll from DU it would be you with your lame ass calls for banning freedom.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:31:50 PM EDT
Why are you so defensive tonight? Could it be that I have touched a little nerve? Seriously, you may be the nicest smoker in the world, but if you are honest; you'll have to admit that most are jerks when there is no call for it. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:34:42 PM EDT

(I am allergic to cigarette smoke).

I voted choice one

Now hurry up and die from my second hand smoke
so I don't have to listen to you whine
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:35:08 PM EDT

Courtesy is an attitude, and attitude has no bearing on what people should or should not be allowed to do. Oh, and I am a narcissist... I don't care if liberals hate my bullet hoses and I don't give a shit when I kick sand into a liberal's mangina when I counter his argurements based on their "feelings".

Exactly!

Sorry Slash, I'm just so fed up seeing our rights eroded it bugs me.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:36:03 PM EDT
Seriously, you may be the nicest gun owner in the world, but if you are honest; you'll have to admit that most are jerks when there is no call for it. Seriously.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:36:35 PM EDT

Sounds just like a liberal wanting to ban things he doesn't like and doesn't understand how others derive pleasure from something like guns.

Show me how you get to the point where you think smoking at the same table I am eating at is your right.

Cowboy the fuck up and ask them not to. Most will not light up if you be a man and ask them not to. Unless you're being a real nazi and telling them they can't in public and you're sitting in the smoking section or you're in their home.

Oh so they were sticking their cigarettes in your eyes and being unsafe with them or were you just whining like in your first post?

I am not trying to take away your “right” to smoke, rather I am wondering why most smokers to it with such callous disregard for those unfortunate enough to be around them.[/qupte]
And that's exactly what the anti-whatevers say when they are infringing on others' rights.

If anyone is a troll from DU it would be you with your lame ass calls for banning freedom.

Wow. You still don't get it.

Well, some never do. It's called class, and it obviously can't be taught.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:38:02 PM EDT by slash-5]

Exactly!

Sorry Slash, I'm just so fed up seeing our rights eroded it bugs me.

How is smoking in my vicinity "your right"?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:40:42 PM EDT by hughjafj]
Smoking in public is my right.

You don't like being around smoke and smokers, then don't hang out with them.
You choose to put yourself in those situations and they choose to smoke. Find other friends if it bugs you so much but don't say you're gonna act like some liberal fucktard and take away my right to smoke where I want outside of your home. If you don't own the property and the owners allow it, then shut the fuck up.

Don't go banning shit you don't like and act like a patriot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:43:09 PM EDT
This was a better counrty when everyone smoked. In public buildings, schools, on tv news casts. I don't why.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 10:44:11 PM EDT by slash-5]

Smoking in public is my right.

You don't like being around smoke and smokers, then don't hang out with them.
You choose to put yourself in those situations and they choose to smoke. Find other friends if it bugs you so much but don't say you're gonna act like some liberal fucktard and take away my right to smoke where I want outside of your home.

Smoking 7 feet from a door that every one has to use to enter a building is your right? I am not hanging out with them, I had to walk past them to conduct my business.

Smokers are bringing this on themselves. All joking aside, I will prolly never vote for a smoking ban for obvious reasons, but I think you all would have less people pushing for the bans if you would just act more decent.

Still I get your point. A ban is not the answer. That being said, you have to at least admit that many smokers are asshats with their behavior.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:43:55 PM EDT
I don't like seeing slobs eat in my "vicinity" and many of them smell too. We gonna ban 'em now?

People like you amaze me. If it bugs you, stay in your house wrapped in bubblewrap with your little air fresheners and air filter going at top speed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:44:29 PM EDT

All joking aside, I have never voted for a smoking ban, but I am curious why smokers aren't more curteous. I can't think of another group of people who acts this way and expects people to tolerate their bad behavior without voicing an opinion. Maybe skaters....

Howabout parents? Except if I say "Excuse me, but would you mind taking that caterwauling infant into the lobby and stuff a tit in it's mouth to shut it up" people would call me "classist" or even "racist".

I'm trying to quit smoking. You know why? Because I intend to become the most obnoxious health nazi in the world. You know what's first on my hit list? Coffee. You know why? Because every sniveling little non-smoker that ever coughed that fake little cough and simpered about being "allergic" and made some snide comment, enjoys it. My aim is to turn them into an underclass.

Then I am coming for your fucking ho-ho's and twinkies.

Motherfucking right fatboys! Dolly Madison is on my hit list, and I plan on voting from the rooftops!

When I die, noone will have thumbs (leads to masturbation), coffee and red meat will be outlawed, fat people will be taxed, and the only fucking thing available from the supermarket will be bean sprouts and Tofurkey.

Thank you, fellow non-smoker. My rage was fading, and you gave it a much needed boost. I remember clearly why I quit smoking, and my purpose is renewed....

GT
Vindictive Asshole
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:45:06 PM EDT

I don't like seeing slobs eat in my "vicinity" and many of them smell too. We gonna ban 'em now?

People like you amaze me. If it bugs you, stay in your house wrapped in bubblewrap with your little air fresheners and air filter going at top speed.

People like you amaze me. If I bug you stay at home and smoke.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:47:56 PM EDT

Smoking 7 feet from a door that every one has to use to enter a building is your right? I am not hanging out with them, I had to walk past them to conduct my business.

Smokers are bringing this on themselves. All joking aside, I will prolly never vote for a smoking ban for obvious reasons, but I think you all would have less people pushing for the bans if you would just act more decent.

Still I get your point. A ban is not the answer. That being said, you have to at least admit that many smokers are asshats with their behavior.

You actually have the unmitigated gall to make those statements?

Waaaaaaah! Smoke is yucky! Go outside!

So we fucking went.

Waaaaaaah! You're smoking outside!

Well, now we have a problem, don't we? How about we claim the outside for smokers, and non-smokers STAY INSIDE THE FUCKING BUILDING? After all, you chased all the yucky smokers outside in the FUCKING FIRST PLACE!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:48:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Howabout parents? Except if I say "Excuse me, but would you mind taking that caterwauling infant into the lobby and stuff a tit in it's mouth to shut it up" people would call me "classist" or even "racist".

I'm trying to quit smoking. You know why? Because I intend to become the most obnoxious health nazi in the world. You know what's first on my hit list? Coffee. You know why? Because every sniveling little non-smoker that ever coughed that fake little cough and simpered about being "allergic" and made some snide comment, enjoys it. My aim is to turn them into an underclass.

Motherfucking right fatboys! Dolly Madison is on my hit list, and I plan on voting from the rooftops!

When I die, noone will have thumbs (leads to masturbation), coffee and red meat will be outlawed, fat people will be taxed, and the only fucking thing available from the supermarket will be bean sprouts and Tofurkey.

Thank you, fellow non-smoker. My rage was fading, and you gave it a much needed boost. I remember clearly why I quit smoking, and my purpose is renewed....

GT
Vindictive Asshole

You make a good point, but all of those other things are not done in such a way as to affect me. Directly.

You don't splatter me with cream filling when you eat a twinkie, you don't hit me in the face with your steak. However, if you are a lard ass from doing those things, expect a dirty look from me when I have to sit next to your fat ass on the plane...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:49:50 PM EDT

OH MY GOD! People smoking outside! Call the fucking cops! I guess you'd be bitching no matter where they are. Sounds like you are the problem. At least they're being courteous enough to smoke outfuckingside.

I guess you could be nore courteous and not shoot your gun outside because it bugs the anti-gun people and the gun people should stop acting like jerks and making noise outside.

You gonna ask for ban on garbage being outside too, since it stinks when you have to walk by it? MY GOD, woe is me, my poor wittle nose. People who make garbage are such jerks.

Smokers are bringing this on themselves. All joking aside, I will prolly never vote for a smoking ban for obvios reasons, but I think you all would have less people pushing for the bans if you would just act more decent.

You mean like smoking outfuckingside? My god!

Then don't go near them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:51:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

You actually have the unmitigated gall to make those statements?

Waaaaaaah! Smoke is yucky! Go outside!

So we fucking went.

Waaaaaaah! You're smoking outside!

Well, now we have a problem, don't we? How about we claim the outside for smokers, and non-smokers STAY INSIDE THE FUCKING BUILDING? After all, you chased all the yucky smokers outside in the FUCKING FIRST PLACE!

Still, you refuse to face the very simple fact that your behavior is offensive. And, you think you have the right to "share" your addiction with everyone that walks by...Why can't you simply move 20 feet away from the door?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:52:09 PM EDT

GT
Vindictive Asshole

I think I love you!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:52:55 PM EDT

OH MY GOD! People smoking outside! Call the fucking cops! I guess you'd be bitching no matter where they are. Sounds like you are the problem. At least they're being courteous enough to smoke outfuckingside.

Why do you think they are being curteous by smoking outside? You act as though they have a right to smoke inside in public places. They don't.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top