Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 6:27:05 PM EDT
I thought this was very interesting.  I have never heard anything like this.  I didn't think starting a fire would help you attract deer.  Just might have to try this next week.  Anybody else hear anything like this?  Ever try it?

www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=OUTDOORS19-11-19-03
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I heard that fresh cut flowers attract them and the sound of a lawn mower will too. That's why florist vans and lawn care guys are over run by deer all the time!  Man! The bullshit hunting stories that I've heard.  One dope told me that he waves a white handkerchief to attract deer. He's never killed one though. Wonder why?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I know for a fact bucks will eat licorice jelly beans.  (I hate the damn things and was throwing them at a spike that wouldn't go away.)

Hit him in the head with one from the blind,  no matter. He ate over 20 of them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, they come in my yard and eat the grass. When I 1st moved into my house they ate the scrubs and the tulips. Can't shoot them cause we have an ordiance in my bourough from 1848 banning the discharge of firearms. $3.00 fine!!! I have turned on a flashlight in the back yard in the summer and they stare at the light. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top