Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 10:58:11 PM EDT
Has anyone gotten an order from this guy?  I ordered a sight for my Mosin back in July.  I was told then it would be about 6 weeks for him to build it.  Between then and last week I had forgotten about it.  Since last Tuesday I have emailed him several times. Unfortunately there are quite a few complaints on him with the BBB, and other sites.  
Smith-sights.com.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Check sovit-steel.com he posts over there. Seems like a good guy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he might post on THR.  Could try to reach him there, or at least seeing if there are any threads about him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think he might post on THR.  Could try to reach him there, or at least seeing if there are any threads about him.
View Quote

He posts at THR
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I'll check it out
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Never mind he sent me an email.  He admitted that things had gotten behind, and asked that I give him a chance to make good or refund.  I really want a nice post for my mosin, and I really want some good American craftsmanship.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed and my posts fair.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had no issues with Josh and his products.

He seems a stand up guy from my few dealings!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
He answers after about 2-3 emails and only on certain days.  It took less than 3 months to get my order.  I knew it be would be a long time but that is a lot to sit and hope it will show up.

The guy isn't out to rip anyone off but his communication skills are lacking.  I think its just a pain in the ass to get bulk mosin front sights and he is the only person doing this type of product.

The product is legit though.  The red fiber optic sight works and I can actually put my sights on target and hit where I am aiming.  Its the small things.  

I would suggest not getting hostile and be patient.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello Gents,

I am sorry about any orders which may be outstanding.

The issue is simply this:  I was overwhelmed.  I still am, but am filling orders faster while filling backorders at the same time.  It's getting much better.

You see, I didn't use capitalism properly.  When demand increased, I should have increased price right away.

I felt guilty doing so.  A lot of my customers are those who cannot afford what I sell if I raised prices.  I recall being a college kid once, and I was unable to buy what I wanted.

I therefore resisted raising prices.  I've since done so, but I still feel bad about it.  I had to, though, in order to deal with demand and with prices of raw materials, which have almost doubled since 2011, when I started.

Things are stabilizing.

When you contact me, I encourage you to use my contact page on my website, here: http://www.smith-sights.com/contact-smith-sights.php

On this page, I do outline that I answer emails on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  My volume of email is such that I have to do it like this.  My emails are not only ones from customers but from many, many folks who just have tech questions.  

To the OP, we've talked, as you said.  All will be well.

For those who stood up for me, thank you.  I assure you that I'm still out here and have been in business since 2011.  I do not have time to get on here as much as I once did -- filling orders, you see!  This keeps me very busy.

Regards,

Josh
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello,

I should add, so there is no confusion, what I state above my sight services on my website:

Do you want a sight faster?  Click for my sight services!  
You provide the stock sight from your rifle, or from parts dealers like buymilsurp.com and libertytreecollectors.com. Average turnaround time is less than a week.

That is, you can send me a sight and get it back right away.  I often send it back out the same day.  For example:  I receive your sight at 12pm in my business mail.  I machine it and get it to the post office by the time they close at 5pm.  I do complete sights before 12pm, and after 12pm I start working on sight services that came in the mail that day.

Regards,

Josh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top