Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 2:19:07 PM EDT
I've got a dumb question...

I just picked up another Remington 870 today...This one is a 3-1/2" "Super Magnum"

Just wondering if any ammo mfg's make slugs and OO Buckshot in 12 gauge 3-1/2" magnum...

I haven't gotten out to the store to check yet...

ALSO, does Remington offer an optional short barrel (18") with the 3-1/2" chamber ???  I haven't seen any yet...

I think that would be the ULTIMATE home defense combination...

(edited cuz i cant speel)
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
wow,I'd hate to put a 3 1/2" slug down a short barrel.OUCH!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there are any slugs available in 3.5", but I believe Remington makes a OOO, that's triple, buck shot in the 12 ga 3.5".
They are gauranteed to kick hard.

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Dragracerart, you're SOL, my friend! ;-)

Federal is the only company, I know of, that offers a buckload in 3.5" 12 ga.  It throws a PUNY load of 18 x 00Buck (remember...the tried and true standard 00Buck load in 12 ga. is 9 pellets).

And there aren't ANY ammo companies that currently that load a 3.5" rifled slug.  You'll have to be content with the PIPSQUEAK 3" Brenneke/Rottweil Gold Magnum 1 3/8 oz. slug (Dynamit Nobel) (OUCH!!!).

If I were you, I'd feel a bit undergunned if I had to take a quartering or full rear shot on a Brontasaurus! ;-)

DaMan

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot several Federal Classic 3" Mag. 1.25 oz slugs in a TCR '87 single shot rifle.  I could only do 5 at a time.  The recoil is hard on the consentration!  I don't think there's much that will keep moving after a solid hit with one of these.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
dragracerart, do your self a favor, dont mess with that stuff in 31/2. its more than excessive. i belive, for defense, the diffrence between standard and 3in loads is just dead or deader, so 31/2 is just going further, i say save it for 80 yd goose shots, and kill bad guys with the already excessive 3 inch loads.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dragracerart, do your self a favor, dont mess with that stuff in 31/2. its more than excessive. i belive, for defense, the diffrence between standard and 3in loads is just dead or deader, so 31/2 is just going further, i say save it for 80 yd goose shots, and kill bad guys with the already excessive 3 inch loads.
View Quote

If it's made I GOTTA have it !!!

I was always the 'kinda guy that likes to have the biggest stick, the fastest car, the most tools, the biggest truck, the most guns, the hottest ammo, etc...

NOW you understand ??? [:)}[:)]

[chainsawkill][frag][grenade][heavy][kill][pistol][rail][rocket][shotgun][sniper][uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top