Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 12:07:04 PM EDT
I did alot of my shopping on Ebay.  Stuff that was paid for the 1st and early 2nd week of December, still hasn't arrived.  I should think if I paid for an item on Dec 5, it should have gotten here by now.

I've had to wrap a couple of "item descriptions" of gifts that haven't yet arrived.

Anyone else???

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,my box of checks
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The mail is extremely slow this time of year around my house..........I am waiting on some things as well
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting on a mail-order bride...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the last of mine Monday. I ordered from mostly large stores and the shipping was quick. The two books I ordered for my wife took the longest to get and they came in Monday night.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got the last of mine Monday. I ordered from mostly large stores and the shipping was quick. The two books I ordered for my wife took the longest to get and they came in Monday night.

I think stores mostly ship via UPS, though, don't they?  UPS is usuallly pretty good.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think stores mostly ship via UPS, though, don't they?  UPS is usuallly pretty good.  

Affirmative. The books came USPS. I learned my lesson with Amazon.com buying a bunch of music CD's last month. It took over a month to get some orders while others sent it in 3 days.

I ordered a Pink Floyd poster that got completely lost and the company had to resend it.

Another problem is websites that don't tell you that they are out of stock. I waited a 3 weeks for 2 t-shirts, finally called them and one of the shirts wasn't in stock so the gumbah was holding up the order until he got the other shirt in. I told him to cancel the other shirt and ship the one he had.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have ordered a lot of stuff over the last two weeks.  Fedex has been pretty speedy.  UPS has been a little slower and USPS has been really slow.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent a money order like a week an a half ago and the guy it was sent to hasn't even got it yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a polo shirt on Ebay for my boyfriend.  The shirt cost 19.99, I get the invoice, and shipping is an additional 17.85.  For USPS shipping.
The guy lived in the Midwest for crying out loud.

I negotiated with him, he brought the shipping down to 6.85.  I ordered it early December.  I think he sent it via carrier pigeon, and the pigeon is now in Florida for the winter.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I mentioned this before. I ordered something from one of our vendors here on the board. He shipped the item out the very next day, with great service. The USPS tracking page showed it in my state the day after he shipped it, and then they sent it to fucking denver colorado. I took a week and a half to get something priority mail when its suppose to take 2-3 days. Fucking inept postal service.

Don't get me started on USPS.

I ordered this poster

and it came in damaged. So I went to the post office to ship it back. I wrote the address TWICE on the cardboard tube. When I mailed it I left off my return address, but they made me put a return address on it. "Oh yes, every piece of mail must have a return address on it", I was told.

I mailed it on Friday. Tuesday I get home from work and the poster is sitting on my doorstep. They mailed it back to me. What a bunch of numb nuts.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I mentioned this before. I ordered something from one of our vendors here on the board. He shipped the item out the very next day, with great service. The USPS tracking page showed it in my state the day after he shipped it, and then they sent it to fucking denver colorado. I took a week and a half to get something priority mail when its suppose to take 2-3 days. Fucking inept postal service.

Don't get me started on USPS.

I ordered this poster

home.houston.rr.com/wbm/pf.jpg

and it came in damaged. So I went to the post office to ship it back. I wrote the address TWICE on the cardboard tube. When I mailed it I left off my return address, but they made me put a return address on it. "Oh yes, every piece of mail must have a return address on it", I was told.

I mailed it on Friday. Tuesday I get home from work and the poster is sitting on my doorstep. They mailed it back to me. What a bunch of numb nuts.

floyd.  cool.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I also bought a tritium genuine US Military issue compass for said boyfriend.

That hasn't shown up yet either.

hmph.  He's getting alot of wrapped item descriptions.

What can ya do?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what it looks like framed. I like it.

My wife gave me the poster for our wedding anniversary.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Your more patient than I am, I paid for something on the 17th, it was shipped Priority on the 19th, and im severely pissed that it didnt come today. The family is having christmas tomorrow and I was looking forward to showing my new goodies off.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Your more patient than I am, I paid for something on the 17th, it was shipped Priority on the 19th, and im severely pissed that it didnt come today. The family is having christmas tomorrow and I was looking forward to showing my new goodies off.

I'm really pissed about a DVD.  The payment cleared on the 5th..no reason I shouldn't have it.  I have half a mind to leave negative feedback.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#17]
waiting on a few things myself. I really need to look into this whole "patience" thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I got a couple of pocketknives off of Ebay last weekend . Seller says they were mailed Monday .
Haven't seen them yet .  Christmas Eve is not a postal holiday so maybe tomorrow ------- .
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+2

got a holster and a knife, ordered on the 17th and shipped on the 19th--nothing

damn USPS

anyone know if they open on mon?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
The wife is a Postal employee. I used to be. Mgmt  too. I got out. Too many dumbasses.
The PO is understaffed year round let alone during December.
They used to hire alot of casual temp people this time of year.
The job sucks nowadays they can't keep people on board.
They also can't pass the drug test either. The work atmosphere gets worse and worse each year.
At least 25 % of the workforce don't give a shit anymore. PO loses money each year.
Typical Government agency where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
UPS has less PC than the USPS does.
PO has too much contractual B.S. hoops Mgmt. has to jump through.
Not allowed to be run like a business.
Alternative welfare I used to say... They suck.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes,  all the pepper spray I ordered as gifts (twisted ain't I?) isn't in yet.  It will probably come on Tuesday though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Took 8 days for a MO order I sent Priority Mail from CO to WI.  I've got another one on the way to FL.  Who knows when that will get there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I got a couple of pocketknives off of Ebay last weekend . Seller says they were mailed Monday .
Haven't seen them yet .  Christmas Eve is not a postal holiday so maybe tomorrow ------- .

I have stuff shipped to my office, since I live in an apartment building.  And I can never get to the post office, so tomorrow does me no good whatsoever.

Oh well....not much to be done about it.  He'll just have stuff to open next week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had parts orders and payments go missing in the mail this month, first time ever.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Seems pretty good. I ordered some stuff from Sinclair International Monday- got it today (may have been there Thur, didn't check box).
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Same here, had something shipped on the 19th and was expecting it at least by today but still nothing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#27]

I got everyone beat.......

I won an auction on ebay for 300 silica gel packets on Nov 23. Paid with paypal and was notified by email that it shipped on the 28th due to the thanksgiving weekend. It finally showed up this Tuesday the 20th!!!

I thought maybe the seller was delaying me or something. But to her credit the package was actually dated the 28th as she stated. From now on everything I order during the holidays will be shipped UPS or Fedex.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Packages sent USPS are making it in 4- 7 days if sent priority. Standard mail  takes 2-3 weeks, which pisses me off because priority mail is not much more and sometimes less. Shippers are finally starting to take advantage of the flat rate priority box, which has reduced shipping cost to AK.

Update -  An item shipped USPS priority from the PRK on 12/20 arrived today..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow, I ordered something from Brownell's on Thursday morning for 1st Class Parcel Post and it arrived Saturday in my mailbox.  Mail is faster in TX?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Where does USPS store all that mail for that long?  The pile of undelivered mail must be huge.

I haven't received anything at home in about three weeks.  For about the past decade I haven't received much mail at all in December.  The first week of January I've been getting a ton of stuff.

The post office box at work went about nine days just before Christmas without a single piece of mail put in it.  We do payment processing for several companies, so our customers are pissed at us about the delay getting payments entered from their customers.  With every large batch of mail we send, we always put one item addressed to ourselves.  I started doing that since we send a lot of things directly to the USPS ADC's (area distribution center), so I always include one mailing to detect if an entire bundle is lost.  It usually takes the post office three days to get the letter about 20 feet from the slot to our box.  I've got several batches I mailed-out Friday December 16 that I haven't received back.  Where do they store all of that mail?z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top