Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 9:39:11 PM EDT
Now he's talking about the NRA blacklist

Liberal tactic #1 - Evade logic by picking a different issue.

Slam this goon again here: Liberal Loon

Here's his new entry:

Liberal Kool-AidTM
Because, evidently, I cannot under any circumstances be correct in my opinion that assault weapons are probably bad for our communities and should be regulated and controlled, I've decided to share some of the so-called "Kool-aid" I drank to believe what I believe.

Perusing the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action website, I discovered something that I thought and had hoped had gone the way of Joe McCarthy. Now before I go on, I know some of you neo-cons out there support Senator Joe's actions in fighting te "Red Menace" back in the 50's. I mean, everyone's favorite moderate, Ann Coulter, likes McCarthy so much that she has this photo on her official web site:

(I understand this photo doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I just love Ann Coulter.)
Anyway, back to Senator McCarthy. The NRA seems to have taken a hint from his actions and established a list...a Black List. That's right, just when you thought it was 2004 and the words "equality for all" were true, the nation's leading Second Amendment defenders come up with a black list. You can see the entire black list on the NRA's web site here.

This black list includes actors, singers, authors, poets, religious organizations (including my United Methodists), businesses, news organizations, medical organizations, police organizations, unions, and the most feared organization on the face of the planet, the YMCA. And like all blacklists, the purpose is all too clear: to intimidate and silence anyone who disagrees with the NRA's extremist agenda. Well done NRA!

If you feel left out of the NRA's blacklist (as I did) you can sign up at nrablacklist.com.

On another topic, one of the U.S. Senators from my great state of Idaho is Larry Craig. Besides being a Senator and a driver of Volkswagen bugs, Larry is a member of the NRA's executive board. If you are an Idahoan who thinks this might be a bad thing, or a conflict of interest, I encourage you to visit this site: "End Larry Craig's singing career."

To those who think I’ve had to much Kool-Aid, I say, “OH YEAH!”
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
He thinks way to much of himself. I really doubt the NRA cares what liberal sheep #54383 thinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top