Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2001 2:25:26 PM EDT
This question is for those who have a safe, have quite a few guns in the said safe, and have slings for most of their guns.

Do you leave the slings attached to each gun and store them in the safe, or do you disconnect the slings from each of your weapons before they enter the safe?

If you keep the slings on,  do they just lay on the floor of the safe entangled in everything, or do you wrap them around each gun.

Looking forward to your answers and if possible, pictures.

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep the slings on.  I just do a wrap-around to keep them from getting all tangled.  On the AR/M16's I usually just tuck the end of the sling under the carry handle

Sorry no pics.

(BTW - got your mail today, still waiting for the others, I'll let you know when everything is in and ready to go)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I take them off. They just seem to be a problem when you have many things in the safe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I leave mine on. I just tuck them behind the gun after I place the gun in the rack. I don't really have any problems with them getting tangled unless I inadvertantly place a gun on top of another's sling.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to leave them on, but now take them off after I read something (I think it was from Turner slings) that stated that if you use desiccant or a dehumidifying rod in your safe, it will dry a sling out and make it brittle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top