Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2001 5:59:01 AM EDT
Copied over from T&T forum - snap sling thread - I just wanted all to know what a difference it made. [:)]

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I decided to jack with my slings on my AR's as all I have are the factory sling setups. I ended up setting mine up kind of like the picture in javahead's post above, but with the sling over the right side shoulder/neck with the butt high instead of muzzle high. Muzzle end attached below left hand. Made the top sling attachments out of paracord adding about two inches to the rear and about five inches to the front of each sling. MAN! What a difference! Hands free, walk, run, whatever - easy to go prone and easy to leave prone (both hands are free, but steady the rifle - it can smack you in the mouth - if you need to get up really fast, I guess you might not give a hoot if your mouth gets popped ). The rifle snaps up into a firing position very quickly and smoothly. I did this on a Sporter LW carbine and on a 20" Sporter hbar. Unless someone can tell me what I did was dumb, this is an AWESOME improvement to my weapons and costs virtually nothing. Gonna post this on the general discussion forum too. BIG difference.

Tate
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Could you post a PIC?  Sounds cool.  I am not satisfied with the factory sling on my Daewoo either.  Maybe your technique will work for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top