Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 5:59:57 PM EDT
I don't know about other peoples local gunshows but my local one has A pair of hillbilly dealers who have a table at everyshow and sell blatantly illegal FAL parts guns and questionable goodies at every single fricken show for as long as I've gone. Well at the show this weekand they had 2 built on some of the Aussie L1A1 parts kits that have been for sale lately, one with wood furniture and a plastic set in full pre-ban configuration. The best part is the Imbel recvr's they used are consecutive serial #'s !!!!! and they wanted $ 800 apiece !!! Where the hell is the ATF to take care of people like this who are going to end up screwing the rest of us honest people the ability to go to shows in the future ????? Errrrrrrrrrr...
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Payallup?

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know about other peoples local gunshows but my local one has A pair of hillbilly dealers who have a table at everyshow and sell blatantly illegal FAL parts guns and questionable goodies at every single fricken show for as long as I've gone. Well at the show this weekand they had 2 built on some of the Aussie L1A1 parts kits that have been for sale lately, one with wood furniture and a plastic set in full pre-ban configuration. The best part is the Imbel recvr's they used are consecutive serial #'s !!!!! and they wanted $ 800 apiece !!! Where the hell is the ATF to take care of people like this who are going to end up screwing the rest of us honest people the ability to go to shows in the future ????? Errrrrrrrrrr...
View Quote

Gimme their names man, I'll report them to the ATF
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme their names man, I'll report them to the ATF
View Quote

They ARE the BATF! [:P]
View Quote

I think so :)
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to report this to the show management, any illegal activities are still illegal, gunshows are not safe havens for stupid-a$$es.

As for the hillbilly thing, we will let it go this time, somehow, any stupid guy with a beard, flannel tshirt and some guns is a hillbilly.  Not true.  I stopped wearing flannel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
These guys had scruffy beards, dirty T-shirts , unbuttoned flannel shirts " Hillbilly Jacket "over them and looked and smelled like they had not seen soap and water in days....... How did you guess ??????
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I get it all the time, I drive a pickup.  I wear boots.  I wear Catipilar and HK hats.  I don't wear NASCAR stuff, but have been stopped with questions about it.

Hillbillies aren't to bad, but hillbillies with money can get scary [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Payallup?

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

That's Puyallup to you.  You ain't frum around these parts, air yuh? [:D]

Yeah, BATF is definitely at Puyallup.  They busted that guy from Oregon a while back, who used to buy and sell Contenders/barrels, XP100's, and other single-shot handguns.  Lord knows, we need to be protected from drug dealers doing driveby's with illegally-purchased Contenders. . . .
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Every time i see a illegal weapon at the show, i ask the guy is this gun leagel? And thay allways say that is law inforcement only.
I bet if i did not ask he would seal it to me and then ATF would jump frome behind the table and have there way with me.  
It seams thay have to use the kind of tackticks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
well if the mcain-lieberman bill "Gun show loophole closing and gun law enforcement act of 2001" is passed we could probably kiss gun shows goodbye. there is an article on gunlaws.com writed by alan korwin about how this bill is grossly inaccurate. the bill has almost nothing to do with closing this so called loop hole,it is for the complete takeover and total control of the federal government to be in charge of gun shows. things like unprecedented federal control over gun shows nationwide,gun shows will be outlawed without prior federal approval,centralized federal licensing and regestration of every gun show promoter,centralized federal registration of every vendor,centralized federal registration of every person who attends a gun show whether or not one makes a purchase you wont be allowed in if you are not registered,centralized collection of any other information on gun show attendees as determined solely by the secretary of treasury,imprisoment for attending a gun show and failing to give up information required by regulations of the secretary of treasury,imprisonment of any gun show promoter who fails to register a single vendor,centralized collection of any other information the secretary of the treasurey decides by regulations is necessary on vendors,attendees, and the gun show itself,identification of vendors only by use of federally approved photo id,regulations to be issued by the secretary of the treasury on the procedures,data collection,methods and implemetation of the entire process to federally control gun shows, in addition to the reauirements made by the proposed statue, such regualtions will not be known,drafted or even suggested until after the mccain lieberman law is enacted. this is just a summarized version of what this man has written, i am in the process of doing research to see how accurate this mans story is, if it is true, well good by gun shows, all those nice things that one can buy at gun shows i am sure wont be thier, and probably in the future probably no gun shows at all. this whole loop hole thing is being told untruthful in the anti gun media,so i suppose what are we going to due know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top