BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
JOOCY
O
O
C
Y

(Wade in the water plays softly in the background)

Long story short - - Samantha Bee's husband: former Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones,  spoke against the rezoning of PS 452 at a public hearing this year.  PS 452 is where their children go to school. PS 452 is 3/4 white and Asian even though the area is only about 40% of the aforementioned races.  PS 452 is currently over capacity. all of these problems could be solved - - in a big city fashion - - if they relocated PS 452 to a location in front of some housing projects 16 blocks away.  I wonder why there's opposition?  After all - - it is current year - - and Samantha Bee is a profound anti-racist.
What could liberal New Yorkers have against po black children?

One P.S. 452 parent speaking out against the move is comedian and former Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones, who’s married to Samantha Bee. "To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

A particularly insightful part of this article included mayor De Blasio's comments about school rezoning-- he went so far as to talk about considering parents real estate Investments when it came time to rezone schools.

New York City has an integration problem. This is nothing new, of course; the supposedly most diverse city in the world has long had some of the most segregated schools in the country, and that’s saying something.

In recent months, the city’s battle over school segregation has played out in a few specific schools in some of the its fastest-gentrifying (or already gentrified-to-saturation-point) neighborhoods: Nikole Hannah-Jones chronicled the Brooklyn version of the saga in her much-discussed New York Times Magazine piece last weekend, “Choosing a School for My Daughter in a Segregated City,” about her decision to send her black daughter to a mostly minority school, only to have that school rezoned to include an affluent, predominantly white population.

Advertisement

The Upper West Side is another place where the “rights” of rich parents are being pitted against the reality of the neighborhood’s demographics. The current battleground is the sought-after P.S. 452 on West 77th Street, a stone’s throw from the Museum of Natural History.

Like so many public schools in New York City, P.S. 452 has a lopsided enrollment, with a population that’s three-quarters white and Asian, with only 13 percent of kids qualifying for free lunch, in a district that’s 43 percent white and Asian and 48 percent low-income, according to a Chalkbeat story on the brewing controversy.

P.S. 452, which opened in 2010 to relieve overcrowding in other nearby sought-after schools, quickly became overcrowded itself. And so the city proposed moving the school, which currently shares a building with two other schools, 16 blocks south, to a site with more space that happens to be just adjacent to large housing projects. In one swoop, the city could solve the school’s capacity problem while improving its diversity.

But of course, in an as-if-scripted repetition of the integration fights that have gone down since the birth of busing, many current P.S. 452 parents are up in arms against the proposal. After all, didn’t they buy their expensive Upper West Side domiciles precisely for the right to attend this fabulously high-performing school? That, at least, is the argument getting the most airtime.

Advertisement

Bill de Blasio, the great white hope of progressivism when he was elected—the guy who’s married to a black woman, after all—has stumbled when it comes to integrating schools, on the Upper West Side and elsewhere. From the Chalkbeat story:

The mayor has expressed support for school diversity, but he also has said the city must respect parents’ real-estate investments (a statement that at least one P.S. 452 parent repeated this week), while Chancellor Carmen Fariña has warned against forcing integration “down people’s throats.”

Isn't that last line cute? A woman with a tilde in her last name is cautioning against forcing integration down people's throats.  Only in New York City.

I did a little bit of background reading on the situation - - the Article's from July - - but they still haven't resolved the situation

More at link

http://www.slate.com/blogs/schooled/2016/06/17/the_upper_west_side_is_new_york_s_latest_school_integration_battleground.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]

White and Asian people need to do what Hispanics do...demand ESL for their telephonically North American children, which becomes defacto segregation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Surprise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Piss on that unfunny cunt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Nikole Hannah-Jones chronicled the Brooklyn version of the saga in her much-discussed New York Times Magazine piece last weekend, “Choosing a School for My Daughter in a Segregated City,” about her decision to send her black daughter to a mostly minority school, only to have that school rezoned to include an affluent, predominantly white population.
View Quote

Color me shocked that a woman with a hyphenated last name, that wanted to voluntarily segregate her kid, is disappointed that The Man let let da' white folk in there.

Just can't seem to take these bloody cunts seriously.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
They wouldn't have a problem if she just went back to Canada.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tl/dratc
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
So what they are saying is the democratic party of the KKK, Jim Crow laws and against equal rights is racist . Color me shocked .
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#8]
"Do you not know who I am? You can't call me racist even though I'm advocating actions that are exactly what I define as racist. P.S. don't talk to anyone in the media about how hypocritical we are."

Hahahahaha fuck you. You made this bullshit mess with your bullshit progressivism. Now eat the consequences, bitch.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Every single public school story I read- EVERY ONE OF THEM, makes me grateful to be able to send my kid to private school.

What a cesspool of foreplay to failure.

What the fuck happened to this country?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tl/dratc
View Quote

Samantha Bee is a shitty comedian on tbs that lives in a nice neighboorhood of NYC. NYC wants to move her kid's really nice public school next to a housing project to take in more students.

Her and the rest are the parents are fighting it, the sanctimonious bunch they are.

She needs to be meme'd off tv, the damn racist alt-left nazi.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Alet! Alet!

The right-wing diversity squad has been activated by the mayor!
People have started making hash tag terms and all that jazz.
Hopefully, if Kek wills it, they can put her show down into the toilet - - ratings-wise - - within a month or two.
I have confidence in them though - - they're the people who got Trump elected.

An additional cute anecdote - - her husband, Mr. Jones, was supposedly on Gavin McInnes' podcast talking about how he sent his kids to public school.  Mr. Mcinnis - - quite correctly - - called him out for this, saying that the kind of public school that he would be sending his kids to would not be typical for most people.

#SamBdoesn'tlikePOC

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Alet! Alet!

The right-wing diversity squad has been activated by the mayor!
People have started making hash tag terms and all that jazz.
Hopefully, if Kek wills it, they can put her show down into the toilet - - ratings-wise - - within a month or two.
I have confidence in them though - - they're the people who got Trump elected.

An additional cute anecdote - - her husband, Mr. Jones, was supposedly on Gavin McInnes' podcast talking about how he sent his kids to public school.  Mr. Mcinnis - - quite correctly - - called him out for this, saying that the kind of public school that he would be sending his kids to would not be typical for most people.

#SamBdoesn'tlikePOC

http://i.imgur.com/vz3kZKF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1oGIFDsl.jpg
View Quote

Have Reddit run with it.

They love this stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know who Samantha Bee or Jason Jones are. However, I do know that, generally speaking, you don't send your kids to public school in NYC.

And, it's been that way for decades. (Hell, my mother grew up in Manhattan in the 50's, and she didn't go to public school.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Why it sounds like to me that they don't like black children going to their school
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope this story grows legs and makes it's way mainstream.  I really hate that bitch.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why it sounds like to me that they don't like black children going to their school
View Quote

Those rules are only for evil white southerners whop dont understand diversity! We are all inclusive so I dont NEED my children to be in the same class as blacks!

That is what they are saying in a nutshell KEK !

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have Reddit run with it.

They love this stuff.
View Quote

Another internet group has taken off with this issue - - one far less liberal than the typical Reddit user

Hence my use of the term right-wing diversity Squad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Racists gonna racist.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Every single public school story I read- EVERY ONE OF THEM, makes me grateful to be able to send my kid to private school.

View Quote

my wife and I have done without alot of things in life that we planned on orginally until our son was born 16 years ago. not sending him to Daycare and sending him to the best Private Schools in Tulsa has paid off 100x over. not just the quality of the education, but the quality of the kids, teachers and parents makes it all worthwhile.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#20]
big mouth sloot stuffs both feet in mouth crusading for savages then stabs them in back.  10/10
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn good stuff. Put those asshole hypocrites on the defensive.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know who Samantha Bee or Jason Jones are. However, I do know that, generally speaking, you don't send your kids to public school in NYC.

And, it's been that way for decades. (Hell, my mother grew up in Manhattan in the 50's, and she didn't go to public school.)
View Quote

Watch TBS for 15 minutes in a row, and you'll probably see an advertisement for her show. She's like a less clever, less funny Jamie Oliver.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Watch TBS for 15 minutes in a row, and you'll probably see an advertisement for her show. She's like a less clever, less funny Jamie Oliver.
View Quote

John the [current year] man, not Jamie the cook
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

A hard left virtue signaleer would be on the horns of a dilemma by the choice being having their child educated by the Whore of Babylon, or the Ineffective Slumbering-Bureaucrat-Overweight-used-Mercedes-driving-Hypenated-Last-Name that is any Major Metro school District.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You would be surprised. In that neighborhood, half the kids in public are from millionaire families. I was just reading that Louie CK has his daughter ride the subway to school so that she will not be spoiled. I know which school and he is nowhere near the wealthiest or most successful parent. It is rather nice for the PTA when a parent can write a $10k check without hesitating.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope this story grows legs and makes it's way mainstream.  I really hate that bitch.
View Quote

It won't get to MSM until it goes viral, however, anybody can make a YouTube video and upload it. Would be better coming from Amiri King, Louder with Crowder, or Outlaw Morgan.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

John the [current year] man, not Jamie the cook
View Quote

Mea culpa.

RIP in peace Jamie "it's 2013" Oliver.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I worked in the area in question.  That area of NYC is quite affluent, with lots of celebrities and wealthy people living in close proximity of the school.

I'm sure this won't be a topic on any of the Daily Show spinoff productions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Do as I say, not as I do.......are we really so surprised?

I still cant believe that cunt still has an audience.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Why hasn't our resident zoning czar chimed in?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Every time a racist liberal celebrity gets called out for being racist, they'll just claim it's for 'security reasons' or that they don't want their childrens' celebrity to distract the other students.

Apparently other wealthy white and asian kids aren't distracted by celebrity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I had her as a lesbian.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I watched one episode during the primaries

she spent half the show calling Cruz Ted Ooze
Michelle Branch came on and sang a parody of her "Good Bye To You " - Good Bye Ted Cruz

cutting edge stuff

she is such an off putting vile bitch
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]
It's kind of a truism that talking the talk is easy, but walking the walk is hard.

Or as one Arfcommer's sig has it "Many talk of war, few buckle armor."
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The goal is Equal Suffering.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had her as a lesbian.
View Quote

Me too.  Still a man hater either way...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I worked in the area in question.  That area of NYC is quite affluent, with lots of celebrities and wealthy people living in close proximity of the school.

I'm sure this won't be a topic on any of the Daily Show spinoff productions.
View Quote

Actually, John Oliver did point out school segregation in NYC on his show. He pointed out how liberals are hypocrites on this matter. He did a whole segment about segregation in public education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yiYCHMAlM
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That has drastically changed in the last couple of decades, schools that were primarily full of "rich & diverse" children are now full of well to do White kids. I grew up in Bklyn NY (Greenpoint & Williamsburg) & went to private school, the public schools in my area were literally prisons where they gave books to the inmates , even though the area was mostly white, they filled the schools with rich & diverse population. Now the area is much less diverse & much more expensive to live in than it was when I grew up, full of white liberal hipsters, I own some high end rental properties there & all my tenants send their children to public school. Most of the private schools have been forced to close down due to lack of students.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#42]
The funny part about all this is that liberal douche bag states have schools that are exponentially more segregated that the South. Yet, they love to talk about how progressive and tolerant they are.

Of America’s 25 most racially segregated metropolitan areas, just five are in the South; Northern cities — Detroit, Milwaukee and New York — top the list. Segregation in Northern metro areas has declined a bit since 1990, but an analysis of 2010 census data found that Detroit’s level of segregation, for instance, is nearly twice as high as Charleston’s.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know who Jamie Oliver is either.

(I'm really bad with TV personalities. Outside of Adult Swim, I really don't watch much TV.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top