Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:09:24 PM EDT
Does Slabside refer to the lower and slickside refer to the uppers when talking about the early M16 or are they interchangeable?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:10:33 PM EDT
Have always heard slabside refer to the early upper.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:11:07 PM EDT
I thought slabside was used for 1911 frames without the front contour on the sides (or at least Caspian uses this terminology).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 9:28:09 PM EDT by smokycity]
Slickslide refers to the original AR upper without a forward assist. Slabside is also an older AR lower that lacks the raised fence around the magazine release button.

ETA: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/
Top Top