Shots of what? Vodka?

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
100 Shots in his stomach.
If I remember it correctly.
View Quote

Not according to a guy bit by a raccoon a week ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a buddy get bit by a skunk down at NavSta Newport, RI.  (would you believe he was drunk at the time?)  He didn't get 100 shots, but it was still pretty unpleasant.    Although the part about him having to strip down to only skivvie shorts outside the Base Clinic that night, and then having him only stick his hand in the door to get it cleaned and stitched let to a lot of hilarity for most OTHER people's enjoyment.  That was about the first or second paragraph on the Welcome Aboard greeting.  "The skunks are probably rabid, they will bite, leave them alone!!"
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always enjoy the myths that circulate regarding rabies vaccination. They are very useful at house parties. I've had the pre-exposure series which is something like four shots on days 0, 7, 30, and 365. There is a difference between pre and post exposure vaccination.  Post exposure rabies vaccination involves, or is supposed to involve, rabies immune globulin and the regular vaccine. The former being quite expensive when compared with the latter and also rather hard to obtain in rural Nepal...  I believe that some of the doses may be administered near to the sight of the bite; but, I don't think its one hundred shots in the stomach

Disclaimer, I am just some guy who read a book on rabies and got then got bitten by a dog in Asia. Consult one of ARFCOM's numerous MD's for actual advise.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I had 2 shots by weight/volume and 6 boosters.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's shitty for the kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top