Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2015 3:39:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
We will probably be reading his obituary soon.

Vince
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote
How he doesn't get his license yanked after that first video...  

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, he is a world famous airshow performer.
View Quote

So was Art Scholl.

Vince
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
He put on a decent show here this year.  Even broke a rudder pedal during one of his routines.  He was working the hell out of that plane too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote

I still had training wheels on my bike when dad taught me "There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I still had training wheels on my bike when dad taught me "There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vince

Beat me to it!

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:45:26 AM EDT
[#10]
There's nothing remotely cool about that.   Any one of us could do it a couple times, if we didn't give a shit about life.

If he makes it to 60 I'll be impressed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So was Art Scholl.

Vince
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, he is a world famous airshow performer.

So was Art Scholl.

Vince

Art was out over the ocean, at altitude. Just sayin, doin it right doesn't protect you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Art was out over the ocean, at altitude. Just sayin, doin it right doesn't protect you.
View Quote

Very true but Art was famous for that low pass out of the cockpit standing on the wing. Many airshow performs criticized him for that stunt. We do not know what finally did him in. Rumor mill says it was practicing flat inverted spins

Vince
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There's nothing remotely cool about that.   Any one of us could do it a couple times, if we didn't give a shit about life.

If he makes it to 60 I'll be impressed.
View Quote

Dead man walking
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Very true but Art was famous for that low pass out of the cockpit standing on the wing. Many airshow performs criticized him for that stunt. We do not know what finally did him in. Rumor mill says it was practicing flat inverted spins

Vince
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

Not a rumor. In the early 80's inverted flat spins weren't the known quantity they are today. But who knows, he might have done everything right and  maybe a camera came loose and jammed a control.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Skip definetly pushes the altitude limits. You can only tie, never beat them. Makes for great show.

Being directly over the people is sketchy. Kinda like that corsair driver. Whatever happened with that? Videos all got pulled.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote

His, and a bunch of other people's, I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

He's no Sean D Tucker, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Irresponsible pilot jeesh. I don't care how "good" you are, you just don't put others at risk.  His life wont be too long...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I've seen him quite a bit since he's a local to my region.   Flies FedEx as a "real job" and airshow for fun.  I really enjoy watching him fly but it seems that every time I see him he tries push everything just a little more and flies lower and lower.  I saw him do this routine over the MS river and I bet he wasn't 3 feet above the water when doing this "knife edge" maneuver.   It's fun to watch and even more fun to fly (I imagine).  I wish him the best of luck and hope luck is always on his side but when flying that close to the edge at such low altitudes it only takes one small mechanical malfunction to turn a plane into a fire pit.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top