Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 3:58:05 PM EDT
Jan 5, 7:32 PM EST
Six Killed in Texas Home Invasion

EDINBURG, Texas (AP) -- Six men were shot to death early Sunday in a home invasion by four or five intruders, authorities said.

Police said they believe the assailants were searching for weapons and drugs.

A witness, who was tied up with an electrical cord during the shooting and survived, told authorities that one of the assailants wore clothing with the word "police" on it.

Five of the victims were found in one house; another was found in a second house on the same property, Sgt. Rey Ramirez said. He said no arrests had been made.

Police were called to the rural scene by the survivor. Neighbors reported hearing shots fired but did not see anything, Ramirez said.

Ramirez said police knew two of the victims from previous investigations; victims' names were not released.

Edinburg is about 220 miles south of San Antonio near the southern Texas-Mexico border.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
probably the JBT(swat team) from florida, they didn't get to shoot anybody there.....[;)]
Actually, this kind of action is going to make it dangerous for warrant servers in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Only time ive been in Edinburg our trunk was broken into and about 2000 worht of crap was stolen.....I dont think that town is very safe
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a case of "bad guy meets bad guy"

Scratch the proprietor of the local crack house.  Risks of the trade I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Heads up TJ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
This sounds like something former or current Mexican LEOs would do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Bet the homeowners had a good stash.  You'd think as criminals they would have had some guns, because only criminals would own guns, right?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link, source, pics.....I'd like to see more. Interesting, could be the local gang bangers are trying to make it difficult for the cops. I know cops have done this before, Ruby Ridge, Waco.....but I'd like to read/hear more on this one. Something doesn't sound right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top