Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 3:30:11 PM EDT
Im using windows IE 5.5 under Win95 and a DSL connection and after the upgrade this is now by far the slowest site I have found that will still load. The pages seem to start off slowly then load quickly and then it stalls. Its taken me about 15min or so to come to this forum, read one post, login and start this thread. Please tell me something is going to be done to speed things up a bit...Its so slow right now I cant stand trying to even read the groups.

Michael
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I concur.  Sixteen seconds to reach the reply screen.  IE 5.x, Apple OS 9.0.4, cable modem, but no site speed.  Something is allowing the first images to come up, then the spinning wheel spins for eons, as if the entire site is being refreshed on my ancient iMac, then the entire topic comes up.  Weird.

Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was my imac at first. It's like a tired old runner - run 20ft. then rest for a few minutes. Does the staff have an idea what's causing this, and what we can do, if anything, to bring things up to normal speed? Thanks.
WSmac
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee...It is a "Free" site after all...

Sorta like "Looking a gift horse in the mouth", isn't it?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top