Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2002 6:25:01 PM EST
Today was the last game in our baseball season and I wanted to pitch one inning. I am the catcher for our team so I am familiar with pitching but can't ever remember pitching. We played the team I was with last year. I didn't get along with our manager so he gave me my release. He's a loud mouth semi jerk. He came up to bat and gave me a little crap about being a catcher and not a pitcher. So the first pitch I threw a knuckler and he fanned BIG TIME!! Next pitch was a high inside fast ball and he fanned again. Third pitch was an inside curve which missed the strike zone. I can't throw a curve to save my life- but what the hell. The next pitch was a hard fast ball knee high that caught the outside corner and he fanned on that one also. Strike three- sit the f*ck down Waldo!! Yea baby!! Don't normally boast, but sometimes ya gotta.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:28:00 PM EST
Revenge is underrated. Whupped 'em again, didn't we Josey? Whupped 'em again, boy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:46:10 PM EST
You better believe it. "Revenge is a dish best served cold." Would like to credit some one with that but can't remember where/when I first heard it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:05:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Backstop: You better believe it. "Revenge is a dish best served cold." Would like to credit some one with that but can't remember where/when I first heard it.
View Quote
Old Klingon proverb... [;)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:01:09 AM EST
Heh, in the real world, it's an old Syrian proverb.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:08:22 AM EST
Syrians are descended from Klingons?!?!?!? .... or is it Klingons are descended from Syrians?!?!?!??
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:02:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:57:34 PM EST
Duh!! Sorry Waldo. I should've said "sit the f*ck down, Larry!!". I'm still smiling about striking out my old manager. And I'm a damn catcher!![8D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:16:01 PM EST
You know...best part is he is was SWINGING hard to blow you away. He he he he. I bet that was sweet. I would have made the comment near him as I passed by him after the game..."Damn, I didn't do too bad for my first time pitching! Good thing they brought out the newbies."
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:41:12 PM EST
Tailgate- you better believe he was swinging for the fence. And he can put it over if you give him a big fat pitch down the middle. We played at Incarnate Word and I think the center field fence is 400 or 410 feet. I've seen him hit that far last year. Knocked the damn cover off the ball, I tell ya. Do you play baseball also? My team (Astros) are in last place this year. Ouch!! Whoa just checked the time. Gotta get some sleep. Later.
Top Top