Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2005 12:51:08 PM EDT
I picked up the Xact kit from sams club today . It was like $80.... The box says it has everything you need to hook it up in the car. How in the hell do i hook it up to my stereo. My truck stereo is a sony it's like 3 y/o.. the book said if i have jack on my stero i can plug it in. I have never seen AV jacks on a car stereo before... Do i have to buy other shit to get this going or what? I know nothing about car electronics

J
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I drove a truck the other day that had XM radio in it. It was hooked up and ready to go. In 12 hours I never did figure out how to make it work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]

J
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
most likey plays thru an FM station..
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, was just saying I couldn't turn the thing on let alone tell you how to hook it up.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No cables are needed if your mounting kit has an FM modulator. It sends the signal through the radio when the station is on the low end of the FM band.

OR it may include an antenna splitter to be connected in line with the OEM antenna.

OR you can use an aftermarket modulator with the RCA plugs that connect to the radio.

OR you can buy a Sirius ready aftermarket radio which already has the RCA inputs.

Simple.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top