Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:37:25 PM EDT
Hey all,
question for you Sirius users. Is it easy to install yourself? I want to get the Sirius One receiver, but it cost $140 installed. I can get the same unit for about $40 on Ebay, but have to install it myself. Easy to rig-up myself or should I just pay the money and not deal with the headache. Seems pretty simple, all it seems to be is an antenna cord.

Also, can I hook it up to a boom-box? Thanks,

Rincon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
For $20 I'll tell you how to get the channels for free.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:47:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rincon_11:
Hey all,
question for you Sirius users. Is it easy to install yourself? I want to get the Sirius One receiver, but it cost $140 installed. I can get the same unit for about $40 on Ebay, but have to install it myself. Easy to rig-up myself or should I just pay the money and not deal with the headache. Seems pretty simple, all it seems to be is an antenna cord.

Also, can I hook it up to a boom-box? Thanks,

Rincon.

the sirius one reciever sticks on just like a radar detector. if you can put on a radar detector, you can do the S1. The recievers broadcast the sirius signal to an empty FM station, so you don't need to run a wire to your car's stereo, you only need to get power for the unit. installations are rip offs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 8:03:49 PM EDT by Rincon_11]
Good enough. Ebay it is. Bidding on this one.

Can I hook it up to the boombox though?
Top Top