Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2001 1:10:32 PM EDT
[img]http://www.geocities.com/hamboneshumor/plane.txt[/img]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:17:21 PM EDT
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010826/re/crash_bahamas_aaliyah_dc_2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:18:33 PM EDT
And we are supposed to work up some emotion over this? Move on, 9,800 other people died today also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:23:42 PM EDT
[img]http://unintuitive.homestead.com/files/dust.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:27:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo: And we are supposed to work up some emotion over this? Move on, 9,800 other people died today also.
View Quote
She was hot though, probably the hottest woman who died today.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:33:17 PM EDT
Yup, but after they doused the flames I betcha she wasn't so hot anymore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:41:02 PM EDT
Gees, no one expects you to get all choaked up and ball your eyes out or anything but a few less wise-ass remarks might be appropriate. This was the girl on the Jet Li movie Romeo Must Die. I thought she did a pretty good job for a kid. And she looked pretty darned hot too. I for one am very sorry to hear about her death. She did nothing evil that I know of, and she never came to my door trying to get any of my assault weapons.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:43:01 PM EDT
LOL, cry me a river.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:45:17 PM EDT
Congradulations for feeding the stereotype. You win the award. Now bend over so we have somewhere to pin it. ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:45:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo: Yup, but after they doused the flames I betcha she wasn't so hot anymore.
View Quote
I would still nail her.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:46:39 PM EDT
A dead chic??? You're a sick man. Some get this guy off of here...
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 1:50:14 PM EDT
I'm with retrodog on this one, she was a good singer and a cool girl, I see no reason to be talking a bunch of shit about her.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:12:13 PM EDT
In my life she wasn't real, I have no problem joking at her expense. YMMV, and if so, don't.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2001 2:14:04 PM EDT by warlord]
Come on folks - how about a little respect for the dead. CNN has reported that the plane was overloaded. Sounds to me that this was a preventable crash. The pilot should have stuck to his guns and not fly the plane. "Gloria Knowles, who works for Abaco Air Ltd. at Marsh Harbour airport, said baggage handlers reported the plane was overloaded with suitcases. She said the handlers and the plane's pilot complained about the heavy load but the passengers insisted on taking everything with them. For full story see: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/26/death.aaliyah/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:19:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo: In my life she wasn't real, I have no problem joking at her expense. YMMV, and if so, don't.
View Quote
yah, its not like my grandma died i bet now she is hte greatest blck female singer in the last 10 years. just like how nortorous BIG was the best rapper in history afater he got his ass shot full of holes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:20:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:51:35 PM EDT
THe non-politically-correct type. The type that really doesn't give a shit about the great unwashed masses. The type that doesn't shed tears or bite the lower lips and look grieved over every silly thing that happens in life. Whatever happened to real men?
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:51:46 PM EDT
Why is it that so many people get worked up when a so-called 'celebrity' is killed, yet they care not about anyone else? Who cares about this woman except her relatives. In fact, she probably took a plane load of black bucks down with her. Now our White daughters are safe from rape.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 2:55:58 PM EDT
, now there was a stupid comment, but again, YMMV. But again, are you getting worked up over the other 9,799 people that died today? Thought not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:00:33 PM EDT
[url]us.imdb.com/Name?Aaliyah[/url] She is listed as being in Matrix 2 and Matrix 3. I'm not sure they have finished filming these, well maybe 2 but not 3.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:07:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:25:47 PM EDT
Maynard, 100% agreement.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:29:57 PM EDT
Reloader, your my kind of guy!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:32:04 PM EDT
Mauser88, your type of guy is a moron? Hey, if you like taking it from a guy, I guess you need to feel a little intellectually superior...I guess. To each their own, it is a big world and all that...
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:36:34 PM EDT
Why do the dead deserve respect just for being dead? Hitler and Stalin are both dead, and the world's a better place for it. As for this singer, I have to agree with Hielo. People die every day. Had she done some great service to mankind, or used her fame to benefit others, maybe I'd feel different, but, she sang and made a sh*tload of money. So what.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:47:32 PM EDT
Good, bad -- Happy or sad... She was still someones daughter, sister or niece! While I too agree that we'll probably never know or hear anything about the other 9799 that die every day, I don't feel that it is right to mock anyones death! To make a comparrison to either Stalin or Hitler is attrocious at best, as they were filled with evil and set out upon the world to devour it. She had a family and friends, just as we all do. They are all mourning her death, just as we all would, had she been one of our own. Sometimes, things just need to be put in a slightly different perspective, to make a little more sense...
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:52:13 PM EDT
The reason some people get all worked up over the death of a celebrity/aritist is probably because they were positively impacted by the artist/celebrity's work. As for Aaliyah she wa a above average singer, had made a ton of money and contributed substaintial money to help abused children in the Chicago area. As for anyone who doesn't care... who says that you have to. Big Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:57:59 PM EDT
Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2001 4:05:35 PM EDT by MelonPopper-M1A]
OK, so where did I compare a singer to Hitler or Stalin? I was speaking in reference to "giving respect to the dead," my point being that just because someone dies doesn't automatically command respect. Read a little more closely, and don't twist my words. If she did indeed share her wealth to improve the lives of others, then her death IS a shame, by the way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:24:46 PM EDT
Can't respect someone who sells their soul to the celebrity machine. Sex sells, but you die just like the rest of us. _FS
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:44:03 PM EDT
She is at the top of the NRA's list of "Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities...
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:05:30 PM EDT
If she was "hot" or sang well doesn't matter. If the plane went down because her and her gang demanded to take too much luggage and no one bothered to stop her, all the(us) cynical de-sensitized monsters have a right to make fun of that fact just as much as the starstruck masses have a right to cry about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:20:35 PM EDT
You're right Hielo. After I thought about the tragic death of this great American it brought a tear to my eye... Oh wait a minute, it was just gas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2001 5:24:11 PM EDT by Duffy]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:29:39 PM EDT
Now I know why they say "travel light". I gotta admit when Stevie Ray died, I was bummed. I haven't looked a Stratocaster in the eye since.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:36:36 PM EDT
I must spend way too much time at AR-15.com because I have never heard of "Aaliyah".
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:11:13 PM EDT
So much negativity. I can't tell you to care and I never suggested that you should. Your desire to come on here and proclaim your lack of concern and then to insult her is the stupid part. If she was against guns then I'd fight her tooth and nail. But I'm still not gonna make light of her death. So you guys can go ahead and do whatever the hell you want to. I even defend that right. But I am sorry that you have experienced so much pain and hurt that the resulting scar tissue has made you so uncaring. Maybe your mommy didn't hug you enough. Maybe your daddy never told you that he was proud of you. Maybe some black person mugged you. Maybe you just don't have a soul. Who cares. I'm glad that your daddy did get to spend enough time with you to teach you that a real man doesn't feel anything. He'd be real proud of you now. ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:14:15 PM EDT
Who??
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:01:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:14:48 PM EDT
Who says you can't take it with ya? Aviation is a great equalizer. Gravity and aerodynamics don't care about wealth and fame. Just ask J. Kennedy Jr. Too bad the pilot didn't have the courage to leave some weight behind, but he was trying to keep from getting fired. By the way, a light recip twin like that plane does not even have to be certified to climb on one engine, although most will if loaded correctly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2001 9:17:29 PM EDT by MelonPopper-M1A]
Originally Posted By retrodog: So much negativity. I can't tell you to care and I never suggested that you should. Your desire to come on here and proclaim your lack of concern and then to insult her is the stupid part. If she was against guns then I'd fight her tooth and nail. But I'm still not gonna make light of her death. So you guys can go ahead and do whatever the hell you want to. I even defend that right. But I am sorry that you have experienced so much pain and hurt that the resulting scar tissue has made you so uncaring. Maybe your mommy didn't hug you enough. Maybe your daddy never told you that he was proud of you. Maybe some black person mugged you. Maybe you just don't have a soul. Who cares. I'm glad that your daddy did get to spend enough time with you to teach you that a real man doesn't feel anything. He'd be real proud of you now. ROTFLMAO
View Quote
Let me guess; we all need "sensitivity" training, right? What are you, some kind of nut?
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:10:06 PM EDT
hehe...Hielo & Reloader, the Occidental Purists...Hey, I'm with you guys...I don't care if you both die...lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:12:38 PM EDT
My dad taught me to fly single engine planes like his Cessna because when the engine goes you can glide in. They find survivors w/ Cessna's. With a dual engine: one engine goes and it drops like a brick. Kurt Cobain killed himself because he was tortured by famed and had stomach pain he couldn't get rid of (which is why he says he did heroin, to kill the pain). Some people made light of his death because he had: A semi-hot slutty wife, a cute kid, a nice house, and FAME! Go to the doctor for the pain, get psych help for the fame thing and move on. No reason to put a shotgun in your mouth. The singer from INXS hung himself w/ a belt while performing an auto-erotic sexual act on himself. I shouldn't have to explain how universally moronic that is. It was a freak accident that John Denver died in a plane crash. They couldn't explain why the plane went down. That sucks because his family has no explanation of why he died. He was an experienced pilot. That is sad. Stevie Ray Vaughan surpassed his idol Jimi Hendrix in playing guitar and spreading emotion, and did it after kicking drugs and alcohol. The concert he played the night of his death was said by Eric Clapton, and others, to be his most monumental concert ever. Stevie died because the helicoptor pilot flew too low in the fog and hit a tower. That was monumentally sad. My point was that: If your plane crashes because fame and materialism have gotten so out of hand that you think you need your whole closet and an entourage to go somewhere and you absoloutly must bring them, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS! If the plane wasn't weighed down by all her junk, and that wasn't the cause of the plane crash, then that's sad that she died. Sometimes there is irony to be found, that's all!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 11:38:13 PM EDT
strangely a LOT of celebs die in August and on planes/copters
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:34:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By frpcmanager: It was a freak accident that John Denver died in a plane crash. They couldn't explain why the plane went down. That sucks because his family has no explanation of why he died. He was an experienced pilot. That is sad.
View Quote
Wasn't he flying some kind of experimental plane? Guess the experiment failed. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:54:57 AM EDT
1. I thought she was really hot. 2. I am glad that she helped out a lot of kids. 3. If she was anti-gun, I am glad she's dead. 4. If not, than I am sorry that she died. 5. I wish I could have banged her a few times. Tyler
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:13:32 AM EDT
We insensitives need to take a course form the Bill Clinton School of Looking Sorry. Turn it on, turn it off, wha are you sorry for? Who cares, it is the "right thing to do". there is something wrong with you if you don't show concern for a person who was famous dieing, after all they were famous and you have to show concern, if you don't, well, what seperates them from us then? Sorry to say, I feel the world is a better palce without this entertainer in it, and I refuse to get broken up over her oh-so-tragic death. I do feel bad for the 14 year old kid who deleviered my newspaper dieing this summer, I started a scholarship in his name, I knew him and he actually was a real person. THis singer is a non-entity, an anti-gun non-entity and I could not care even one tiny, (lip-biting) bit. Maybe your mother forced you to genuflect at the altar of fame a bit more than my mother did...
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:23:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USPC40:
Originally Posted By frpcmanager: It was a freak accident that John Denver died in a plane crash. They couldn't explain why the plane went down. That sucks because his family has no explanation of why he died. He was an experienced pilot. That is sad.
View Quote
Wasn't he flying some kind of experimental plane? Guess the experiment failed. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
View Quote
I think he ran out of gas. For reals.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:27:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2001 3:33:42 AM EDT by Jack-B-Nymble]
I never heard of her before yesterday, but now you guys have got me all choked up.[>Q] I'll just have go out to buy her albums and join her fan club. [b][size=6]NOT![/size=6][/b]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:38:22 AM EDT
Thinking about this, and I come to the conclusion that alot of you out there are spoon-fed your emotional thoughts from T.V. I can think of quite a few other people (yes, real live people) who I could not but wish for the same type of death to happen to. Charlie Schumer, Feinstein, The Clintons and Most of hollywood. The world *is* a better place for them dieing. 10,000 people a day or so are going to die every day (if no one dies you silly pillow-biters, we would be walking on top of each other in months) I want the people who do die to make the world a better place by their passing. This is one of those times. This singer contributed almost a million dollars to our enemies - not one tear will be shed for her, I don't know about her entourage or the pilots (may their gods rest their souls) but the creature we are talking about can rot in whatever form of pugatroy she beleived in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:55:54 AM EDT
"Let me guess; we all need "sensitivity" training, right? What are you, some kind of nut?" mellonpopper Not the kind that's hanging on your chin. I'm gonna go back to sleep now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top