Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/9/2004 6:43:29 PM EST
Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry

Scroll down to see the editorial reviews:

Editorial Reviews
Senator John McCain
"Dishonest and dishonorable... none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded."

From the Publisher
Find out why John Kerry is Unfit for Command...

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:45:37 PM EST
"none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded"

Whats the deal with this nonsense? You dont need to be on a guys boat crew to know his reputation.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:51:45 PM EST
I noticed that too. I wonder if Amazon has a policy of prefacing every review of their political-themed books with a quote from the other side's perspective. Well actually, I dont wonder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:00:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2004 7:03:52 PM EST by The_Macallan]

Originally Posted By raven:
I noticed that too. I wonder if Amazon has a policy of prefacing every review of their political-themed books with a quote from the other side's perspective. Well actually, I dont wonder.

Nope.

Look up:
Richard Clarke's,
Bob Woodward's,
John Dean's,
Kevin Phillips',
Bushwhacked,
Al Franken's or
Micheal Moore's books.

Amazon NEVER allowed any "opposing viewpoint" to lead off their Editorial Review especially OVER their own in-house review.

Amazon.com has just lost all my business and they will get an email furiously explaining just WHY I'll never order another product from them ever again!

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:01:46 PM EST
My first thought was, hmm...I wonder if that's the real John McCain.

My second was, who else could it be?

John McCain, Publicity Whore At Large
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:31:36 AM EST
Newt Gingrich also does reviews for Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:44:32 AM EST
Couldn't pretty much anyone sign in as JMcC and type that? Not that it makes it any better of course. Amazon is allowing that, and JMcC is a total piece of crap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:46:31 AM EST
Well, they don't call him the Manchurian Candidate for nothing. His programmer must have sent him a signal.

What in the hell hapens to people when they become politicians. This guy is an admirals son. He flew missions against North Vietnam and did over 5 years as a POW. You'd think he'd resent anyone who made up stories to get medals and an early out. At least he could ask Kerry himself. I doubt he's even done that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:04:47 AM EST
I think J.M. was a decent American a long time ago in a world long forgotten by both him & the rest of the country. However this is now & I find him as a repulsive vile country destroying p.o.s. I wish the commies would have saved us from this pinko fuckwad.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:16:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2004 7:17:00 AM EST by Wobblin-Goblin]
John McCain got a pass for his honorable service in Vietnam. It's been awhile since that pass has been expired, however.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:25:25 AM EST
If the AZ voters would do the rest of us the kind favor of removing this guy from office I would sure be appreciative... I'm starting to despise the turd more than Fineswine and Schumer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:32:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Torf:
Couldn't pretty much anyone sign in as JMcC and type that? Not that it makes it any better of course. Amazon is allowing that, and JMcC is a total piece of crap.

No. It had to be an inside job in Amazon's editorial staff.

No one gets top billing above Amazon's own editorial reviews.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:22:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:25:27 PM EST
There is more to the story...

That comment by McCain was not directed at the book, but at a TV ad. Amazon is completely nuts for posting it as a book review.

They took it down after complaints were received (I was one of a bunch of folks who complained). Is it back up there again? I didn't see it on the first page anymore.
Top Top