Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 7:04:24 AM EDT
I've been tasked to find out a non-lethal round that will properly cycle an M4 auto while at the same time, spit out a non-lethal round.  It must be reliable in auto, look like a standard round, fire and cycle as though a normal lethal round was expelled.  Without going into a lot of detail, officer safety is paramount and the mission will place a class III in the BG's hands for a brief period just prior to the arrest.

Is this a candidate for simunition?

Are there other options out there?

PM's welcome if necessary for security.

TIA-
~m38a1

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not know to much about simunition, but I believe it would work.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
SIMMUNITION

IT HURTS

IT HURTS REAL REAL REAL BAD

OMFG IT HURTS BAD *WINCES*

I can honestly say that it hurts more then when I got shot with actual bullets, even though all they did was give me some nice bruises.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]

the mission will place a class III in the BG's hands for a brief period just prior to the arrest.

If it's to be used in a sting operation then Sims will not work.
They clearly look like a training round and the uppers are modified to the point anyone that knows weapons will be able to tell it's not a real weapon.
For the criteria you outline I can't think of any trainer that would fit those requirements.

SIMMUNITION

IT HURTS

IT HURTS REAL REAL REAL BAD

OMFG IT HURTS BAD *WINCES

I feel your pain Bro, as an instructor I think I take more rounds than is good for my health.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.simunition.com/

www.simunition.com/images/products/convertion_kit/rifles-big/colt-m4a1-rifle.jpg

Who sells these for the cheapest price?  I need one but they are not cheap.    
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
diamondback tactical has some strange looking paint type rounds for 5.56. take a look at their catalog.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Why dont you just load some dummy rounds up and take the firing pin out of the AR

I dount someone could tell that a mag was filled with dummy rounds (no powder) just by picking up the mag

And in case they have their own, no firing pin/inoperable firing pin, no boom
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Check with Simunition.  Last summer I was at their Instructor School and they said they have a Sim round that functions in regular M-4's.  It was new then but it should be out by now.

Edited to add--I found it on their website

http://www.simunition.com/index.php?section_id=51
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#9]
UT Munitions works by replacing the bolt and converting your AR to rimfire.  They are marking rounds like Simuntions and should be less lethal.  

www.utmunitions.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been tasked to find out a non-lethal round that will properly cycle an M4 auto while at the same time, spit out a non-lethal round.

Simunition or Utmunitions

It must be reliable in auto,

Simunition or Utmunitions

look like a standard round, fire and cycle as though a normal lethal round was expelled.

Nothing, nothing and nothing. Sim's and Ut's have nowhere near the same report or recoil. It's completely obvious. They don't look at all the same, either.

Is this a candidate for simunition?

Are there other options out there?

No and not to my knowledge.

Sounds scary...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top