If it's not right, don't do it.

If it's not true, don't say it.

Why is that such a challenge?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
rules are made to be broken
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Those two are hard for people to follow due to opportunity cost IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Realtive Ethics have done away with absolute truth and "right/wrong".
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it's not right, don't do it.
You asked me to stick it there and said you liked it.
If it's not true, don't say it.
You also asked to be told you are pretty too.  But I will not love you long time.
Why is that such a challenge?  

Quit your bitching.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
What rules are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Most people are very, very stupid.  Mind numbingly stupid.  Back breakingly, ear poppingly, fly fishingly stupid.

They can not spell "rule" let alone follow one.  If it isn't written down for them and drilled into them for years, it will simply cease to have ever existed at all.

This is the only way I have been able to explain 99% of the people and events I see.  

It was quite frustrating when I used to assume that almost everyone had some minimum of common sense, and some minimum of intelligence.  Then I worked with the public for a few years, and I realized that this was a completely false assumption.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Conviction for doing what's right is lost on what's defined as "right" anymore.

What's considered right is all FUBAR nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
You came here to ask that?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Most people are very, very stupid.  Mind numbingly stupid.  Back breakingly, ear poppingly, fly fishingly stupid.

They can not spell "rule" let alone follow one.  If it isn't written down for them and drilled into them for years, it will simply cease to have ever existed at all.

This is the only way I have been able to explain 99% of the people and events I see.  

It was quite frustrating when I used to assume that almost everyone had some minimum of common sense, and some minimum of intelligence.  Then I worked with the public for a few years, and I realized that this was a completely false assumption.

Jim

+1, but you might also throw in "self-centered", as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You came here to ask that?

No shit....that's like questioning why some people are paranoid in the Survival forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top