Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:13:52 PM EDT
The 9mm I've seen has a ring above the extractor groove.

I have heard the 30-06 does too.

What could this be for? Belt fed? Crazy Russian guns?

Whatever its for, it doesn't extract. It turned a perfectly good Beretta 92 into a single shot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:18:21 PM EDT
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

Tried the Bear a couple of years ago when they first came out. For the first time in my life I left a box of ammo behind on purpose.
I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:26:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

Tried the Bear a couple of years ago when they first came out. For the first time in my life I left a box of ammo behind on purpose.
I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

Thought that Wolf was a little rough on AR and 1911 extractors?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:28:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RAINBOW6:

STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

Wolf is steel cased and probably a little rough.

The Bear appears to be steel cased and steel jacketed, and doesn't extract at all (at least for 100% of the people I know who've used it, which is 2).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:29:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RAINBOW6:

STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

the steel is softer than brass. Look at the poly coat after you shoot it, you won't see even a mar in the coat from the extractor. If it's not hitting the extractor hard enough to mar the coating, it's not hitting it hard enough to damage it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:31:33 PM EDT
I use Bear in my Mosin Nagant and my Makarov's. It works good in them and is non-corrosive and cheep. I'm not sure I would use it in another guns then the comm-block designs.

Wolf in an AR seems fine. Lots use Wolf with no problems. I think it has been said that the steel case Wolf uses is close to being as soft as brass.
Top Top