Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 10:13:52 PM EDT
The 9mm I've seen has a ring above the extractor groove.

I have heard the 30-06 does too.

What could this be for?  Belt fed?  Crazy Russian guns?

Whatever its for, it doesn't extract.  It turned a perfectly good Beretta 92 into a single shot.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

Tried the Bear a couple of years ago when they first came out.  For the first time in my life I left a box of ammo behind on purpose.
I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

Tried the Bear a couple of years ago when they first came out.  For the first time in my life I left a box of ammo behind on purpose.
I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

Thought that Wolf was a little rough on AR  and 1911 extractors?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

Wolf is steel cased and probably a little rough.

The Bear appears to be steel cased and steel jacketed, and doesn't extract at all (at least for 100% of the people I know who've used it, which is 2).  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!

I never used them again.

Stick to Wolf.

the steel is softer than brass.  Look at the poly coat after you shoot it, you won't see even a mar in the coat from the extractor.  If it's not hitting the extractor hard enough to mar the coating, it's not hitting it hard enough to damage it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Bear in my Mosin Nagant and my Makarov's. It works good in them and is non-corrosive and cheep. I'm not sure I would use it in another guns then the comm-block designs.

Wolf in an AR seems fine. Lots use Wolf with no problems. I think it has been said that the steel case Wolf uses is close to being as soft as brass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top