Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 4:21:59 PM EDT
OK OK.  I know the correct term is suppressed.  Silenced looked better.

I was at the range today breaking in a new AR10T (nah nah).  While there, I ran into a guy that works at the Armory (Scottsdale AZ).  He was breaking in/working a bolt .308 including suppressor.  Remington action, aftermarket stock (damn, I can't remember), and their own suppressor.

Wow.  What a sweet rifle.  Shooting well below MOA with little recoil and little noise - even using Federal Match ammo (supersonic).  

I think I "need" one of these things on my bolt gun.  (Sigh) it never ends does it?

James
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sub-MOA, wow. They're just so friggen big in a rifle cal, & "glass-packs" are so damned hea....... never mind.

Integral bipod I bet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the rifle you're talking about. They had it out at Ben Avery last weekend, when I was taking my CCW course. The barrel itself is pretty short, isn't it?

The stock was the AICS, from Accuracy International:
[img]http://www.accuracyinternational.com/smAcc1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]

No.  Parker-Hale bipod.

Treetop,

Yeah, very short barrel.  And thanks for the name of the stock maker.  Sometimes I have senior days.  And I'm still under 50.

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top