Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 9:02:07 AM EDT
A single mother of 6 was on the local news last night complaining that budget cuts in SC would cause her to lose her $700 state voucher for housing resulting in her eviction.  I just had to wonder how she ended up in this situation.  BTW she was wearing some expensive Lacoss (sp) clothing.  My GF estimated cost of the jacket was $400.00.  WTF
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Glad I didn't see it, I would be pissed all day.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
typical hypocrisy.  I bet her kids were in hand-me-down torn up rags for clothes, lived in an absolute shit hole and hardly had enough to eat... all while she takes care of herself with the above mentioned expensive clothes.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
6 kids??? Lady it's a vagina, not a clown car...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A single mother of 6 was on the local news last night complaining that budget cuts in SC would cause her to lose her $700 state voucher for housing resulting in her eviction.  I just had to wonder how she ended up in this situation.  BTW she was wearing some expensive Lacoss (sp) clothing.  My GF estimated cost of the jacket was $400.00.  WTF

was she on crutches, in a wheelchair, or using a cane?

If not why wasn't her ass at work?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

EPOCH

Holy shit thats the funniest thing i have heard in a long time!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
No her kids were dressed well too.

Maybe she works they didn't say.  I bet she could make ends meet if she didn't have 6 kids.  Why should I have to pay for her kids/ poor judgement.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Gee, I wonder who she voted for?

And don't forget, that welfare recipient's vote counts JUST AS MUCH as yours, so don't hate yo!

Have a nice day now
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

EPOCH

now that is good!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you don't get it.

She can't work because she can't afford child care.  So it's not her fault she can't work, she needs to watch her kids.

No offense, but I suspect that, had the news story bothered to name the kids, there would be 3+ last names in there.   That always irks me.  The "marriage is but a piece of paper" crowd always gloss over the fact that these whores will give anyone a ride.    
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, I'll be the one to ask:

Where is/are the check/s from the father/s to support these kids?
You know damn well the court system would rape a guy like that.

By the sounds of it, and I admit I'm jumping to conclusions here, she's most likely getting so much child support AND welfare that the thought of WORKING never occurred to her.

At any rate, why, OH WHY, would you WANT that many kids?!
I mean I can see 1, 2, 3, MAYBE even 4, but good heavens! 6?!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

EPOCH

I can't stop laughing!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By the sounds of it, and I admit I'm jumping to conclusions here, she's most likely getting so much child support AND welfare that the thought of WORKING never occurred to her.

Diffinately not comdoning the woman's action BUT it aint easy getting child support from fathers who do not want to pay.  I was married for 11 years when my husband traded me in for a new model.  He is a nuclear physicist / engineer -- diffinately capable of supporting his kids - at least financially - yet he hasn't paid for years.  It's taken the state of Oregon 3 years to set up a way to garnish his Federal refund - which I'll assume he won't get any [unless he's claiming his kids - illegally].  So don't look for child support.  CS is a joke.

Patty

Are you kidding?
Why aren't they garnishing his wages already?

Hell, I thought that was standard operating procedure for a guy who doesn't pay his child support.
Most of the divorced women I know didn't have a problem like that, but those that did get theirs right out of his paycheck.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

because she's too busy taking care of dem babies!!!!

and of course, because she has a large 'family', she will require a larger subsidized house.

See how it works now???

ETA: a local station did one of these a while back...mom and 4 or 5 kids....no one speaks English-but a nice looking house(guess who's paying for it??), 36inch or larger TV....bitch is complaining that they're going to cut off her electric for a past due bill of over $2000!!!!  How the hell do U run a 2000 dollar electric bill????? bigscreen TV etc.. I guess.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
...Why aren't they garnishing his wages already?...

With parsley or lemon slices?  

(HINT:  Look up garnisheeing.)

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

basketball team
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#18]

She needs to have it sewn shut

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

EPOCH

DAMN!! You owe me a ne keyboard!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#20]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#21]
If you have one child, irreversible sterilization should be a condition of public assistance.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you have one child, irreversible sterilization should be a condition of public assistance.

+1.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

EPOCH

Holy crap that's funny!

+1 on this.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't be so hard on the girl's clothes, after all she gotsta look good to find her nex baybeez daddy!(white or black it don't matter, still gotsta look good to get the next one)!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

basketball team

Think Tactical....FIRE TEAM!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome to the world I work in every day!!

What your talking about is far too common.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

you poor bastard
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you poor bastard

Here is one of these type of ladies.....womyns.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]
A couple of years ago, our local paper and one of the local TV news stations teamed up to do a little mini-series about a 'brave woman' who brought her family here from Chicago to 'seek a better life for her children'.

Once you seperated the facts from the flowery, sensitive, politically correct prose, it boiled down to her coming here 'cause we offered better welfare benifits, subsidized housing, yadda yadda....

She was held up as a "true hero".
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Why not, If you can afford them?

ETA: AND all of my children have the same last name
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A couple of years ago, our local paper and one of the local TV news stations teamed up to do a little mini-series about a 'brave woman' who brought her family here from Chicago to 'seek a better life for her children'.

Once you seperated the facts from the flowery, sensitive, politically correct prose, it boiled down to her coming here 'cause we offered better welfare benifits, subsidized housing, yadda yadda....

She was held up as a "true hero".

So how did she hold up?  I've always thought that cities like New York and LA especially should pay to relocate their welfare.  I've been told it cost $2K daily to house and care for a welfare family in New York city.  That money could actually help the family if they relocate and strive to do better?

Patty

How did she hold up? She was living quite comfortably in our subsidized housing, using subsidized utilities and buying groceries with her "forward card" which is so much less demeaning than having to actually hand over food stamps.  She wasn't striving to do better, she was striving to maximize handouts. SHe wasn't looking for work, she wasn't looknig for education, nada. That's why I found the press lauding her as 'heroic' so annoying.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#34]
It's just amazing to me that people are surprized at this sort of crap.

Even "Hard" science graduates have generally had a Psych' course or two and the fact that when a BEHAVIOR is REINFORCED you generally get MORE of the BEHAVIOR should come as news to NO ONE.

The lib's and their wonderful "War" on poverty have just managed to artificially reinforce any number of shitty habits.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you poor bastard

Here is one of these type of ladies.....womyns.

home.quixnet.net/~mcress/shit.jpg

MOOOOOO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I don't really have a problem with people having 6 kids if they can afford them, but even if you can I really can't imagine why you'd WANT that many.

My sister has three and it quite often drives her crazy, I can't imagine what utter hell it would be having 6.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I don't really have a problem with people having 6 kids if they can afford them, but even if you can I really can't imagine why you'd WANT that many.

My sister has three and it quite often drives her crazy, I can't imagine what utter hell it would be having 6.

I really like my kids. There are days that are really challenging, but for the most part it is fun. I can say that my life is never boring!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Hmm...  Single.  Six kids.  

And she hasn't figured out what is causing this?

"Hey!  Where'd all these kids come from???!!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top