Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2011 11:57:11 AM EDT
Just rolled by my local WM sporting goods counter and spotted two AR's in the cabinet. The Bushmaster that has been widely talked about and now a Sig 5.56 with 20" heavy barrel, Mapul MOE hand guard, A2 stock, and a railed gas block. Kinda surprised me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Price?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Price?

I'm pretty sure it was $997.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Pic or ban.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
They've had them here for a few weeks, price here is $897, the bushy's are $847.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pic or ban.

Kharn

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They've had them here for a few weeks, price here is $897, the bushy's are $847.

It has been about two weeks since I have been there so I'm not sure how long they have been in. It's possible this one was $897 I may have just misread the label.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't wait till they start carrying 30 rd mags

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been about two weeks since I have been there so I'm not sure how long they have been in. It's possible this one was $897 I may have just misread the label.

The AR's here seem to be a bit cheaper than most are reporting, as alot of folks say the Bushy's are $897.  About damn time something in WV is cheaper, finding a decent shop, let alone price on a gun in Wv is a pain.

That sig, it didn't have a muzzle device either did it?  Ones here do not....
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AR's here seem to be a bit cheaper than most are reporting, as alot of folks say the Bushy's are $897.  About damn time something in WV is cheaper, finding a decent shop, let alone price on a gun in Wv is a pain.

Nope, nothing on the muzzle.

Hey, I guess that means you can buy Magpul at Walmart. I wonder who's mags they will start carrying?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I guess that means you can buy Magpul at Walmart. I wonder who's mags they will start carrying?

I doubt we'll see Pmags at wally world any time soon.  Magpul is big, but not that big.  I'd say maybe a off brand or brand of standard 30rnders maybe.....
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, you can stay.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt we'll see Pmags at wally world any time soon.  Magpul is big, but not that big.  I'd say maybe a off brand or brand of standard 30rnders maybe.....

Unfortunately, I could see  them carrying Promags. ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can just see WallyMart now, telling Magpul: "We'll take 4K/week, and we'll pay $9.26 per unit for them..."

Then they buy enough of your production that you have to build a 2nd plant just for their production.

Then they tell you "We're not going to pay more than $3.26 per unit for them..."

WallyMart likes to do that.

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can just see WallyMart now, telling Magpul: "We'll take 4K/week, and we'll pay $9.26 per unit for them..."

Then they buy enough of your production that you have to build a 2nd plant just for their production.
Then they tell you "We're not going to pay more than $3.26 per unit for them..."
WallyMart likes to do that.

Dear lord I hope not. Walmart has a tendency of destroying other companies. Just look what happened to Rubbermaid. Walmart asks manufacturers to reduce quality in exchange for more orders.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw one last night at one of the two stores in town while I was buying 100 rounds of AE 5.56 and 100 rounds of tula .40 ammo. And a copy of the Atlas Shrugged move
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#16]
1k for the sig ar isn't bad at all.
weren't they supposed to be 2k+ when they were announced and first released?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Can't wait till they start carrying 30 rd mags

And Barrett's!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]
No muzzle device? Hmm..........
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw one yesterday here in StL.

Sig M400.
A2 stock
A3 upper
Rifle length barrel and gas system
1/8 twist barrel with target crown. Seriously, 1/8, I looked twice to be sure, chambered in 5.56 mm
Ambi mag release on lower with dual quick detach sling sockets, (1 per side)
Magpul MOE pistol grip and rifle length handguards
Lowprofile gas block, not a front sight tower.
$897.00 includes a single magazine of 5 round capacity, (I think, never having seen one before I dont know for sure...but it barely fit out the bottom of the magwell), and currently includes a soft case with Sig written on the side. Case looked (pictures only, didnt have one on display) big enough for two rifles.

No sights included with rifle. Since the front sight block was missing, (low profile gas block), it appeared this was strictly to be a target rifle according to Wally world.

Personally, I'd buy the rifle and get a good free float rail that covered the block and mount flip up BUIS on it.....Figure with the 1/8 twist, it ought to pretty much shoot just about everything...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top