Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2001 8:47:22 AM EDT
Thinking, just thinking of a small compact summer dress carry gun.  Only Glock I tried was a 30 but my stubby fingers had problems.  The Sig P-239 in 357sig is nice and compact with a good hand fit.  Very partial to 45ACP though.  Thinking?     [rolleyes]                        I have a P-245 sent to Teddy Jacobson,  the double action is very good and he does a great job with a Sig, if that is possible.  It is bulky for summer, T-shirt and shorts so I thought of the almost flat P-239.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Voodoo17, I just bought a brand new SIG239 in 9mm.  My hands are not that big either but it fell great.  In fact, a tad short without the mag finger extension. Its also vey accurate.  I was getting the same kind of groups with my full size SIG226. The recoil is very mild, fast follow ups. Do you really need a 45 APC? I think for any defensive situations a 9mm is plenty with the right ammo choice. ANd you get an extra round or two. I put a Hogue wrap around grips on mine and its make holding on to the SIG even easier.  Glocks are rock solid and the durability is great. But they are slippery, even the third generation guns if a little wet.  I put a slip on Hogue grip on my 22 and it improved it immensely.  Both are reliable but I would go with the SIG. I was going to send mine to ROBAR to put an NP3 finish on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the P239 in 9mm as well (good call, ARDOC). If you want a .357 SIG, that's fine too. Glocks are great pistols, but I would give the edge (unsurpassed accuracy and reliability) to SIG Sauer pistols.

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top