Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2001 10:29:26 AM EDT
Is there a discussion board for Sig Arms Pistols? I'd like to read a product review and opions about the sprinco recoil system for the P226...hope that it is ok that I post this question here. Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
There is, but I don't remember the URL.  My old system crashed about three weeks ago, so I'm finding things all over again.

I can probably help a little though.  I had a Sprinco in my P228. The difference was very slight.  VERY slight.  So much so that I gave it away to a buddy with a P229/40.  It seemed to work better in it.  I guess the way it's designed to counteract the recoil actually works better when there is more recoil.  Sort of like pushing harder on it made it push harder back.  The difference on the P229/40 was more noticable, but it still wasn't that big a deal.  I doubt if my buddy would have bothered to buy one if he didn't get one for free.

They work, but in my experience, not that big a difference.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Try:

[url]www.sigforum.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Ross !

That's what I wanted to hear. Don't want to spend my money on things that are not needed.

Another thing that comes in my mind. I have Hogue Grips on my P226. Since I have them I hear a click when I pull the SA trigger. Seems that a spring under the right half of the grip touches something that is not there on the Sig plastic grip.

Has anyone made the same experience?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
SWS, I've already been there but they have no discussion board or reviews. I also tried www.sigtalk.com but this board is not ready yet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#5]
ultima ratio,
   sigforum.com is normally very informative with a discussion board and reviews, but it has been down the past few days.  I don't know why.  If you're looking for a sig board that's the place to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
ok m499. I'll try it later...thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top