Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 1/26/2014 10:38:38 AM EDT
So I heard the mixed reviews about the SIg 938 but still wanted one. Since I have never had anything but good luck with Sig personally I bought one. Brought it home cleaned lubed shot it. First hundred rounds I had 15 of so mixed failures. Brought it in cleaned it lubed it worked the slide a few hundred times by hand. Brought it out and shot another hundred rounds through it and had only a could malfunctions. Brought it in cleaned it lubed it and went back out and put about 150 rounds through it with zero issues. So as some  people have mentioned it appears this little gun needs a bit of a break in period. Now that its running right it looks like it will be a great little shooter.

Now for my question. On the inside of the slide  where the barrel rides through the opening there look like there are little groves and weld mounds. They look pretty regular in appearance so I'm thinking they were from the machining not wear. I've never noticed this in other Sigs though is this normal for this gun? Tried to take pics but they would not show up. I will post in Sig forum too but thought I'd get answers here quicker.
Top Top