Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2013 11:14:39 AM EDT
Any thoughts on these rifles?  Does anyone make an after market set of iron sights for these rifles?

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone...
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Those sights are for backup.  They're fine for that purpose.  You're supposed to use an optic on that rifle.

The gas block has a single-slot "rail" on top, so most rail-mounted BUIS (e.g. Troy) works.  You don't need to, the stock stuff is fine for the intended purpose, but you can.

The 7.62x39 chambering is the biggest problem with that rifle.  Ammo is not so cheap anymore that it's a good idea, commercially available loads are far more limited compared to other options, and it's ballistically limited, especially at range.

I'd much rather have a 5.56 rifle, but as far as 7.62x39 rifles go, the Sig does most everything right.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you like the 556R?  I'm trying to find one due to the fact that I have a bunch of AK mags and 7.62 ammo just sitting around.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sig makes Irons but the rear is actually calibrated for 5.56 X 45 at the various ranges(elevations) that it is marked for.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine has performed well.   I don't bother with aftermarket backup iron sights since I'm never going to use it for anything remotely serious, and probably won't even shoot 3-gun with it.   I did find a couple of old beat-up AK mags I have just won't work with it.  I believe it was failing to strip a round occasionally.  Most of my other AK mags work fine, as does the plastic one it came with.

I can shoot it much more accurately than any AK I ever owned.  Some of this is no doubt due to being able to use an optic on it as opposed to the shitty short sight radius of the typical AK leaf sights, and I have never bothered with the goatfuck of trying to mount an optic on my AKs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig makes Irons but the rear is actually calibrated for 5.56 X 45 at the various ranges(elevations) that it is marked for.
View Quote

Are the front sights hooded?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine has performed well.   I don't bother with aftermarket backup iron sights since I'm never going to use it for anything remotely serious, and probably won't even shoot 3-gun with it.   I did find a couple of old beat-up AK mags I have just won't work with it.  I believe it was failing to strip a round occasionally.  Most of my other AK mags work fine, as does the plastic one it came with.

I can shoot it much more accurately than any AK I ever owned.  Some of this is no doubt due to being able to use an optic on it as opposed to the shitty short sight radius of the typical AK leaf sights, and I have never bothered with the goatfuck of trying to mount an optic on my AKs.
View Quote

Yeah I just want it for a range toy or something to keep under my bed.  What's the average price on these things?  I've been seeing them for 1000 mostly.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah I just want it for a range toy or something to keep under my bed.  What's the average price on these things?  I've been seeing them for 1000 mostly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just a little more than I paid.  I think they are trying to ask 1200 and up for them now.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lemme lookie real quick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess the answer is yes. It has a post inside a circular band. That's about the best way I can describe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top