Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 3:37:22 AM EDT
Pulling the trigger on a 220 purchase today. Only has 1 mag. What's with the mag situation. I see 7 rd, 8rd and 9rd mags that appear to be flush fit. Also a few larger that protrude. What's the best mag for this pistol? CDNN has a factory demo mag that is 7rd and the cheapest price. What to get?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I just purchased a few of those mags from CDNN --- almost in brand new condition.

I would only buy Sig mags or mags made by Meg-Gar (who makes them for Sig)

check out this place

www.sigtalk.com/forums/
Heck join up
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would only buy Sig mags or mags made by Meg-Gar (who makes them for Sig)

word

I bought a batch of 8 Meg-Gar's for my Sig P220 on Ebay a few years ago for $100. Haven't had a problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
ACT mags are just as good as factory mags and are less than 1/2 the cost.  From my source at SIGARMS, the ACT mags will be factory mags in the near future.  8 round is standard for 220s nowadays.  www.copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm  They come in bright nickel or polish blued.  All 7 of mine have worked flawlessly in my EL 220ST and 220.

Here's some pics of a genuine stainless SIG mag and a blued and nickel ACT mag.  From what I hear its a relative of the people who make the MecGar mags that started ACT mag.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Novak/Mec-Gar Italian-made 8 rounders. CDNN has Novak mags for 22.99 but you should do a search to see if there is a better price.  Do not buy Pro-Mag as they are a POS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful of ProMags.  I have several that work flawlessly and a few that will jam EVERY time.
MecGar are very good, no problems with any of mine.
ActMags are ready for the range.  I hope to test them out this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool man. I'm gonna get the pistol from CDNN also, so I'll just add a few to the order.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Novak/Mec-Gar Italian-made 8 rounders. CDNN has Novak mags for 22.99 but you should do a search to see if there is a better price.  Do not buy Pro-Mag as they are a POS.

I bought a pro-mag.  It worked twice feeding all 8 rounds. After that, it didn't feed properly and wouldn't hold the slide back.

I suggest getting the Factory Demo mags from CDNN ~$19.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
My 220 came with two seven round mags when I bought it in 98.  As far as I know, all SIGs come with two mags.  You might want to go to another dealer.

Seven or eight round mags are fine; I would go with SIG mags only.  Nine round mags - I have no experience with them and would probably avoid them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My 220 came with two seven round mags when I bought it in 98.  As far as I know, all SIGs come with two mags.  You might want to go to another dealer.

Seven or eight round mags are fine; I would go with SIG mags only.  Nine round mags - I have no experience with them and would probably avoid them.

CDNN sells them with only one mag but you can buy additional used mags for ~$19.  It's a cheap sales tactic.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Ordered it today from CDNN. Add 2 additional 7rd Sig mags and 2 normal capacity mags for my Sig pro.
Went for the night sites and hand select. Might have wasted $20 on the hand select, but I'll see next week when it gets here.... Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ordered it today from CDNN. Add 2 additional 7rd Sig mags and 2 normal capacity mags for my Sig pro.
Went for the night sites and hand select. Might have wasted $20 on the hand select, but I'll see next week when it gets here.... Can't wait.

Keep us posted Gun-fan, I'm planning to do exactly the same thing early next month and I sure would appreciate pics of the example you receive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep us posted Gun-fan, I'm planning to do exactly the same thing early next month and I sure would appreciate pics of the example you receive.

Will do so happily. May have to send them to you as I'm not sure I have a web host for he pics.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a bunch of Chip McCormick mags form a cop on one of the gun auction sites. They were used, but appeared new. They are much nicer mags than the stock Sig mags that came with My 220.Oh yeah, $12 each.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Be careful of ProMags.  I have several that work flawlessly and a few that will jam EVERY time.
MecGar are very good, no problems with any of mine.

I've never had any problem with my 9mm Para Promags for my Sig 229.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ACT mags are just as good as factory mags and are less than 1/2 the cost.  From my source at SIGARMS, the ACT mags will be factory mags in the near future.  8 round is standard for 220s nowadays.  www.copesdist.com/sigsauer.htm  They come in bright nickel or polish blued.  All 7 of mine have worked flawlessly in my EL 220ST and 220.

Here's some pics of a genuine stainless SIG mag and a blued and nickel ACT mag.  From what I hear its a relative of the people who make the MecGar mags that started ACT mag.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture008.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture007.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture006.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture005.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Picture004.jpg

Damn, those sure are purdy!  I need some more

Never could figure out why they cost so damn much  for a stinking .45 mag.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump cause I had to search for this thread and the time to order mags is fast approaching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top