Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/24/2017 11:07:19 AM EDT
Got my gun back from Sig today.  When I got the e-mail to send it in, they had estimated the turnaround time to be 4-6 weeks.  In reality, the turnaround time for me was 8 days, from my drop off at FedEx to FedEx arriving at my front door.  So that's a plus.

First thing I did was break the pistol down and visually inspect, and there was nothing goofy going on in there, nothing hacked up or half assed.  Looked just like the pics that were posted on the Sig forum.  OK, so put it back together.  Dropped in a snap cap, and pulled the trigger many times to see what the difference was.

The trigger is in fact smoother than before.  As advertised, this upgrade removes that double hitch.  It's a mild improvement over what was already an excellent trigger pull for a striker fired gun.  Now it is extremely smooth, with a nice clean break.  It feels a bit lighter than before, but I did not measure it before and after, so it's just my impression of it going purely on 'feel'.

The reset feels a little different, but just a little.  Initial trigger pulls felt like their was a little 'lag' in the reset, and the lightness of the trigger shoe was most felt here.  But, the more I pull it, the more the reset seems to be smoothing itself out.  It does seem a tad bit longer, but this also might be the design of the shoe...I had been using the flat apex trigger shoe before.  The more I pull it and reset it, the easier it is to 'find' the reset faster and more instinctively.  Overall I liked the reset a little more before, but perhaps it will smooth out enough over time.

Entirely gone is the "feature" where you could dry fire, release, and then pull again and get a free break on the subsequent pulls without resetting the striker.  When I bought the gun, the adventuring gun store clerk pitched it as a nice feature for dry fire, never having to charge the gun after every pull.  However, I never used it as such, because the pull weight was not the same nor the exact feel of the break.  I charged it after every pull anyways.  If this is a big deal for you though, know that the new trigger upgrade gets rid of that entirely.  

Overall, I think the upgrade is a net positive.  I'll get used to the slightly different reset (and it really is minor), and the trigger being smoothed out is a definite plus.  

It isn't the sort of upgrade that is going to knock your socks off but if it fixes the safety issue as advertised, the point is that it doesn't make the trigger pull WORSE.  At all.  If anyone was waiting to see the results before sending theirs in, I would say upgrade with total confidence.

ETA: Link to post below with impressions at the range

ETA: Pics

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post - I’ve been looking for that kind of more-in-depth review from someone who got theirs back and hadn’t found it yet.

My 320 is on the truck for drop off at Sig today so it’s quite timely.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the post - I’ve been looking for that kind of more-in-depth review from someone who got theirs back and hadn’t found it yet.

View Quote
Like I said, it's not like you're going to get it back and do backflips.  The trigger was already great, this just enhances it a smidge.  The big plus in it all is that so many were worried that the great trigger pull would be ruined by this upgrade, yet it actually gets a little bit better in fixing the problem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Like I said, it's not like you're going to get it back and do backflips.  The trigger was already great, this just enhances it a smidge.  The big plus in it all is that so many were worried that the great trigger pull would be ruined by this upgrade, yet it actually gets a little bit better in fixing the problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outstanding. Mine was just delivered so I’m looking forward to getting a safer gun back that has the great trigger (or slightly better?) it had before.

And for this whole thing to be over so the aftermarket will start embracing this gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#4]
good info.

Would like to hear about you running it through it's paces with live rounds and further detail the results.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
good info.

Would like to hear about you running it through it's paces with live rounds and further detail the results.

Thanks
View Quote
Probably will have to wait, pretty busy at work for the time being, but once I do, I will update the thread.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
No pics

I just boxed mine and am sending them off tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the report OP.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#8]
i got my shipping label a week ago, had been waiting to see some results before i sent mine in. i guess i'll get it off today.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No pics

I just boxed mine and am sending them off tomorrow.
View Quote
Now with pics in OP.

@joglee
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm holding off for now.  I really like my 320 the way it is and am frankly skeptical about the whole dropping thing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks OP.  I guess I will sign up a few this week. 

I would have posted some befo photos, but the only pics I have are of an insert with ambi-thumb safety. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you know if the new P320's come with it already done?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm holding off for now.  I really like my 320 the way it is and am frankly skeptical about the whole dropping thing.
View Quote
I still contend that they don't all go bang when dropped, and that they did some minor tweak at some point that started the issue.  I dropped mine several times, and could never get the striker to release.  Dinged the beaver tail a bit and cut through the linoleum right to the concrete in my bathroom floor doing it.

Still, it's a free upgrade and why not be safer than sorry, so I sent mine in.  Overall, happy I did.  The trigger is slightly better, and it is in theory safe now, with the internals from the Army gun.

I am curious about the Apex compatibility and if it is still safe with that trigger, as I still have mine.  But I don't want to throw mine against the floor anymore, so I will let someone else take one for the team.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would have to think any P320s leaving the factory now have it done.  The question is, if your local gun store sent theirs back.  It's easy to check before buying, it'll have the new thin trigger shoe and the cutout in the slide.  If it doesn't, it's an old gun prior to the fix.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
This^  Want one, but don't want to buy "old stock" or whatever just to have to send it in right away.  I didn't follow the issue closely enough to know if they did a recall (which should capture unsold inventory) or what

ETA: answer beat me.  Any pics of what you're talking about? @madmike66  ETA2: or can you describe what to look for in reference to OP pics?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This^  Want one, but don't want to buy "old stock" or whatever just to have to send it in right away.  I didn't follow the issue closely enough to know if they did a recall (which should capture unsold inventory) or what
View Quote
It was not a formal recall, it was a voluntary upgrade.  However, I think they did contact stores?  I thought I read some traffic about that, I'm sure one of our LGS members could chime in.  I would imagine stores would have sent theirs back in for liability reasons alone.  But again, it's super easy to see if it is pre or post upgrade.  Externally, one needs only to look at the trigger, and internally a quick glance at the slide.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ETA: answer beat me.  Any pics of what you're talking about? @madmike66  ETA2: or can you describe what to look for in reference to OP pics?
View Quote
In the third picture, it is that fresh milled cut at the bottom, the one that is a V shape down into the slide.

You can pretty clearly tell it was milled in after it was "blued" or whatever finish they use.  That is the biggest telltale sign.  @MacManus
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA: answer beat me.  Any pics of what you're talking about? @madmike66
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: answer beat me.  Any pics of what you're talking about? @madmike66
One gun store that still had their 320s out recently said their Sig rep told them that since the recall was voluntary that Sig wasn’t going to take the gun store inventory back en masse.

When I went to Cabelas to get my M&P 2.0 they had absolutely no 320s out at all and they weren’t even listed in the circular.

Circumstantial I know, but that’s the news from my end of the world.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In the third picture, it is that fresh milled cut at the bottom, the one that is a V shape down into the slide.

You can pretty clearly tell it was milled in after it was "blued" or whatever finish they use.  That is the biggest telltale sign.  @MacManus
View Quote
Awesome, thank you for the info
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I can’t recall- do these 320s have stainless slides? Or are we going to have to start adding a little grease to that pocket they just cut?

Edit- checked the sig site- yes the slides are stainless steel. Yay.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Question (and blatant bump):

OP Did they email you to let you know the upgrade was done?

Or just to say the gun was shipping?

@madmike66
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@madmike66
View Quote
It was one e-mail, had an attachment with the shipping/tracking info.  Text read:

Sig Sauer Inc. is pleased to inform you that the following shipment left the factory today and will arrive at your place soon.
We appreciate your business.
The attached Shipping Notification contains the details of your shipment.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It was one e-mail, had an attachment with the shipping/tracking info.  Text read:

Sig Sauer Inc. is pleased to inform you that the following shipment left the factory today and will arrive at your place soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@madmike66

Awesome

That was the question I was going to post
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you for the report. Still waiting for my turn to send it in. Glad to hear it doesn’t change the trigger pull for the worse. 
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Got my gun back from Sig today.  When I got the e-mail to send it in, they had estimated the turnaround time to be 4-6 weeks.  In reality, the turnaround time for me was 8 days, from my drop off at FedEx to FedEx arriving at my front door.  So that's a plus.

First thing I did was break the pistol down and visually inspect, and there was nothing goofy going on in there, nothing hacked up or half assed.  Looked just like the pics that were posted on the Sig forum.  OK, so put it back together.  Dropped in a snap cap, and pulled the trigger many times to see what the difference was.

The trigger is in fact smoother than before.  As advertised, this upgrade removes that double hitch.  It's a mild improvement over what was already an excellent trigger pull for a striker fired gun.  Now it is extremely smooth, with a nice clean break.  It feels a bit lighter than before, but I did not measure it before and after, so it's just my impression of it going purely on 'feel'.

The reset feels a little different, but just a little.  Initial trigger pulls felt like their was a little 'lag' in the reset, and the lightness of the trigger shoe was most felt here.  But, the more I pull it, the more the reset seems to be smoothing itself out.  It does seem a tad bit longer, but this also might be the design of the shoe...I had been using the flat apex trigger shoe before.  The more I pull it and reset it, the easier it is to 'find' the reset faster and more instinctively.  Overall I liked the reset a little more before, but perhaps it will smooth out enough over time.

Entirely gone is the "feature" where you could dry fire, release, and then pull again and get a free break on the subsequent pulls without resetting the striker.  When I bought the gun, the adventuring gun store clerk pitched it as a nice feature for dry fire, never having to charge the gun after every pull.  However, I never used it as such, because the pull weight was not the same nor the exact feel of the break.  I charged it after every pull anyways.  If this is a big deal for you though, know that the new trigger upgrade gets rid of that entirely.  

Overall, I think the upgrade is a net positive.  I'll get used to the slightly different reset (and it really is minor), and the trigger being smoothed out is a definite plus.  

It isn't the sort of upgrade that is going to knock your socks off but if it fixes the safety issue as advertised, the point is that it doesn't make the trigger pull WORSE.  At all.  If anyone was waiting to see the results before sending theirs in, I would say upgrade with total confidence.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/5-342602.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/4-342601.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/3-342600.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/2-342599.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/1-342598.jpg
View Quote

I mailed mine last Wednesday, be nice to get it before the weekend
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Insert Glock grenade gif....
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the pics. Upgrades look like a good move.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool, good to see Sig hasn't turned into a complete shitshow.

That's still a fugly gun though.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@madmike66

Thanks. Look forward to getting my own email.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually like how it looks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for posting this....I'd been waiting to send mine in until I heard some reports on the upgrade
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Homely guns need love too I guess.  Better you than me!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Probably will have to wait, pretty busy at work for the time being, but once I do, I will update the thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
good info.

Thanks
Subscribed for that eventual update
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a new to me sig 320, bought days before the shit storm.
I just threw it in the safe and forgot about it.
What should I do if I have an after market trigger? I think it's an apex but I know nothing about it. I've been a glock guy a long.

Do I call or can I email sig about my "upgrade"?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What should I do if I have an after market trigger? I think it's an apex but I know nothing about it. I've been a glock guy a long.

View Quote
If you want to do the upgrade, you need to swap the trigger back.  Otherwise, they state that you likely will not get back that apex trigger.

I don't know if the Apex is compatible with the new internals.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Subscribed for that eventual update
View Quote
@Bladin_at_45
@HBIII

So, my work project did not kick off today as I expected, so my afternoon ended up pretty open.  I took advantage of the time and sprinted over to the range.  I ran 100 rounds through it about as fast as one can.  Quick firing 15 rounds at a time then reload/repeat.  Not really fast rapid fire per se, but shooting them quickly and just letting my finger find reset and and then pulling again.  Probably a half second to a second per shot maybe.  Just enough for me to get a feel for how the trigger felt in action, and to confirm it actually worked and there were going to be no problems.

Results below...I suck at shooting and I had just drank a ton of coffee so don't laugh.  90 in the chest area, last 10 in the melon area.

Overall impression, I am extremely happy.  The trigger pull was smooth and light.  The reset was very positive and very easy to find, much easier than I expected after dry firing it this morning when I first posted.  The reset did not feel long at all when firing rounds down range.  It was pretty perfect.

The Range Officer asked me about it when I finished up, and I told him it was freshly upgraded.  He had a few he got through the LE program and hadn't sent them in yet.  I let him dry fire it, and he was sold.  Same reaction as me, overall a smoother trigger pull than with the original trigger and a definite reset.  Nothing at all lost, overall an enhancement.

I will say that I would amend my previous impression and give it a more favorable rating than before.  Shoots like a dream, an overall better experience than stock.  I didn't even miss the Apex trigger to be honest with you, it was all smiles.

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Thanks, just did (I had read it before, but not the more recent posts.)  I'm not sure if I will re-install the Apex.  This feels pretty damn nice right now as it is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you want to do the upgrade, you need to swap the trigger back.  Otherwise, they state that you likely will not get back that apex trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only issue is I bought it used and it didn’t come with the stock trigger. FML
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ETA: Link to post below with impressions at the range

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/5-342602.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/4-342601.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/3-342600.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/2-342599.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/1-342598.jpg
View Quote

Does the pistol retain the standoff feature after the upgrade??

The first thing I discovered about the P320 was that it has a “stand-off capability,” a good thing. This means that if the muzzle is pressed hard against a firmly resisting surface (like the chest of a murderer about to kill you) it will fire, instead of going out of battery and failing to discharge, as most autopistols will. It amazes me that more people don’t test for this, and amazes me still more that manufacturers who put this potentially life-saving feature into their autopistols don’t advertise it.
View Quote
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/12/massad-ayoob-tests-sig-sauer-p320-9mm/#sig-sauer-p320-beauty
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does the pistol retain the standoff feature after the upgrade??

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/12/massad-ayoob-tests-sig-sauer-p320-9mm/#sig-sauer-p320-beauty
View Quote
To an extent, yes.  Although I've never heard of it before, I just loaded up a snap cap and pressed it into the carpet, and then a bookbag.  The slide can travel back a wee bit and still go bang.  I'm not gonna bother measuring it, but it seems to be enough that you'd have to jam it into someone's chest awfully damn hard to press the slide back enough for it not to go bang.
I don't know how that compares to other pistols, like I said, first I'd heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@Bladin_at_45
@HBIII

So, my work project did not kick off today as I expected, so my afternoon ended up pretty open.  I took advantage of the time and sprinted over to the range.  I ran 100 rounds through it about as fast as one can.  Quick firing 15 rounds at a time then reload/repeat.  Not really fast rapid fire per se, but shooting them quickly and just letting my finger find reset and and then pulling again.  Probably a half second to a second per shot maybe.  Just enough for me to get a feel for how the trigger felt in action, and to confirm it actually worked and there were going to be no problems.

Results below...I suck at shooting and I had just drank a ton of coffee so don't laugh.  90 in the chest area, last 10 in the melon area.

Overall impression, I am extremely happy.  The trigger pull was smooth and light.  The reset was very positive and very easy to find, much easier than I expected after dry firing it this morning when I first posted.  The reset did not feel long at all when firing rounds down range.  It was pretty perfect.

The Range Officer asked me about it when I finished up, and I told him it was freshly upgraded.  He had a few he got through the LE program and hadn't sent them in yet.  I let him dry fire it, and he was sold.  Same reaction as me, overall a smoother trigger pull than with the original trigger and a definite reset.  Nothing at all lost, overall an enhancement.

I will say that I would amend my previous impression and give it a more favorable rating than before.  Shoots like a dream, an overall better experience than stock.  I didn't even miss the Apex trigger to be honest with you, it was all smiles.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/target-343001.jpg
View Quote
Awesome follow up thank you! So will the apex trigger not work on the new setup?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks, just did (I had read it before, but not the more recent posts.)  I'm not sure if I will re-install the Apex.  This feels pretty damn nice right now as it is.
View Quote
Thanks for posting a “post-op” op! Im glad you like the results, I was kind of worried about that as  I really liked the original trigger as well.

My question however is about the shipping to and from,  how exactly did you send it? do they provide a box and shipping label? or do you have to get a box large enough for the case?

What courrier did they have you use USPS or FedEx UPS? Did you need package insurance? When they sent is back, did you get a tracking number, or did they ust drop it off at your door?

Ive never sent or received a fire arm through the mail, so im curious as to how exactly that works.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting a “post-op” op! Im glad you like the results, I was kind of worries about that as well as I really liked the original trigger as well.

My question however is about the shipping to and from,  how exactly did you send it? do they provide a box and shipping label? or do you have to get a box large enough for the case?

What courrier did they have you use USPS or FedEx UPS? Did you need package insurance?

Ive never sent or received a fire arm through the mail, so im curious as to how exactly that works.
Thanks again
View Quote
They send a FedEx label and instructions.  The sig case the gun came in fits perfectly in the free FedEx medium boxes at FedEx shipping centers.  So I stuffed it in one of those.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Good to hear. Anxiously awaiting the email to send mine in. Really happy to hear that trigger is not negatively affected
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@Bladin_at_45
@HBIII

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290320/target-343001.jpg
View Quote
I'm sold, now just waiting my turn for the labels to come.

BTW, thanks for ginnie-pig'n for the rest of us and the postings.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for all the info OP. It has swayed me to return mine for upgrade.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top