Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 7:17:05 PM EDT
I have a shitty little house that I bought 10+ years ago. Acouple of years ago, I noticed my composite siding was rotting on the bottome edge. Now it has spread to the whole damn house!! I found a class action suit against Weyerhewser(sp?), but my POS siding was made/marked Templle-Eastex. Any have any expeience with these assclowns and their shitty products?? Settlements or warranty info?? I have 1500+ home in my subdivision- so I'm not above plastering the neighborhood with Temple's contact and claim info if they don't want to play nice with me.  Anyone been down this road before??
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it vinyl or cement fiber?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Cement fiber won't rot. It's probably Masonite...paper based crap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It's 'hardboard' siding- I think that's different from masoniste- but I'm not sure. It resembles cardboard quite honestly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it won't "rot", but if it's improperly installed, the edges where it's nailed in will split, and it will come down. Some people could think it was "rotting" if they didn't know better. Other than that, I think it's the best siding there is.

Anyway, sounds like your problem is an inherently shitty product. Nothing to be suprised about that it's now junk.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it won't "rot", but if it's improperly installed, the edges where it's nailed in will split, and it will come down. Some people could think it was "rotting" if they didn't know better. Other than that, I think it's the best siding there is.

Anyway, sounds like your problem is an inherently shitty product. Nothing to be suprised about that it's now junk.
View Quote

Sooo..it's good- unless it's bad??
It's just a shitty product- barely made it 15 years if that. There seem to be a number of suits and settlements with the siding companies. At face value, it would seem they put out a lot of shitty product.

>not 'barley'- it's 'barely'.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sooo..it's good- unless it's bad??
It's just a shitty product- barely made it 15 years if that. There seem to be a number of suits and settlements with the siding companies. At face value, it would seem they put out a lot of shitty product.

>not 'barley'- it's 'barely'.
View Quote

No, it's good when it's instaled right. It's bad when it's installed improperly.

Paper siding isn't worth a dogs ass.
But, you weren't the guy to put it up, so don't feel too bad.
Just put up some good cement fiber or vinyl siding, and you'll be set.
It's easier than hell to install.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I intend to fix it, but I want the company that made the shitty product to pay for the replacement. There is a suit/settlement againg Temple-Inland / weyerheser. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the same problems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a settlement for Louisiana-Pacific (LP) siding a few years back.  Look into that one to see if you qualify for reimbursement.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they buy or merge with Temple Eastex/Temple Inland?? Or is Temple part of Werehyser(sp?) Anyone know???

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top