Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2004 11:16:31 AM EDT
Just got this piece of drivel in my inbox from a coworker. I normally ignore everything he sends out because it's rarely work related. However, this was entitled "FYI, IMPORTANT BUSINESS!" in the subject line.

Read and then feel my pain. What can I do? I've asked him repeatedly not to spam me with political LIES.

Thought you might like this as much as I did...

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffee pot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. He drops the bottle, but it doesn't shatter and send shards of glass into Joe's foot making him fall and crack his kneecap in two because the shampoo bottle's made of plastic, all because some greedy, out-of-control trial lawyer sued enough shampoo manufacturers years ago for negligence so that now all shampoo bottles are plastic and shatterproof -- good thing for Joe.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean, or cleaner than it otherwise would be, because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's work isn't unionized, though, because his employer provides this pay and these benefits because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to unionize.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune. If Joe's employer tries to stiff him on workers' comp benefits, Joe knows of a sharp trial lawyer he can go to who will fight like the devil for Joe.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally subsidized student loans, he attended a state-funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure that Joe's father could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to. The prescription prices are, regrettably, causing Joe's father a great deal of anxiety, they are high and Joe thinks, "If only those limosine liberals would stop doing the bidding of the pharmaceutical industry and act more like Capitol Hill Republicans who, after all, are fighting for the 'little man' and against the pharmaceutical industry's choke-hold on some of America's most vulnerable citizens!"

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ
· THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.
· Bush failed to build an international coalition prior to the Iraq invasion - making the US absorb the full cost of the war and the rebuilding. OUR taxdollars were misspent!
· Bush sent US troops into combat with inadequate body armor, lack of armored Humvees, and a shortage of ammunition.
· Bush ignored military advice and sent too few troops into Iraq, causing a security problem that costs US lives.
· Bush used information known to be false in his State of the Union Address.
· Bush refused to cede any control of post-invasion Iraq to the International Community, therefore putting the entire cost upon the middle class taxpayers back.
· Bush diverted $700 million in Iraq invasion planning without informing Congress.

THE ECONOMY!
· Bush spent away the largest surplus ever left a president in U.S. history.
· Bush shattered records for the biggest loss of value in the history of the stock market during any presidency.
· Bush is responsible for over 3.3 million Americans having lost their jobs since 2000.
· Bush set the all time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
· Bush presided and did nothing as the U.S. endured the worst energy crisis in U.S. history.
· Bush dissolved or abandoned more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.
· Bush is the first president in the history of the U.S. to have the U.S. removed from the U.N. Human Rights Commission.
· Bush removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.
· Bush presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
CAN WE STAND FOR FOUR MORE YEARS OF EMPTY PROMISES?

It's campaign time, and G.W. Bush is making the same promises. Let's review his progress on the promises he made in 2000.

On Education: "Together, we will reclaim America's schools, before ignorance and apathy claim more young lives."
· Bush de-funded "Reading is Fundamental"
· Bush cut educational programs for military dependents.
· Bush cut $39 million from spending on public libraries.
· Bush cut funding for the Boys & Girls Clubs in public housing by $60 million.

On Poverty: "We know that deep, persistent poverty is unworthy of our nation's promise."
· Bush delays energy assistance to the poor during the largest energy crisis in this nation's history.
· Reduced by 86% the Community Access Program, which coordinates care for people without health insurance.
· Increased hungry families to 3.8 million - an 8.6% increase.

On the Military: "Where there is suffering, there is duty."
· Bush cuts pay for active soldiers in Iraq.
· Bush closes down VA hospitals across the nation.
· Bush ends program that notifies veterans of the benefits they are entitled to.
· Bush under-funds healthcare for troops, veterans and their families.
· Awarding no-bid contracts to companies that serve our soldiers dirty/spoiled food.
· Sending troops to Iraq based on lies for personal profit.
· The loss of over 9,000 American men and women since "major operations ended."
· Bush is spending over $2 million per day of taxpayer money on the war in Iraq.

On Employment: "…the momentum of our economy and reward the effort and enterprise of working Americans."
· Bush pushed through your tax cut, 43 percent of which goes to the wealthiest 1% of Americans.
· Bush delays reparations to cancer-stricken uranium miners.
· Bush bans union organizing at the Justice Dept.
· Bush enacts laws making it easier for employers not to hire or pay retirement packages for older workers.
· Bush refuses to extend unemployment benefits to Americans, increasing the number of Americans living in poverty by 1.7 million.
· Bush cut $200 million from workforce training programs for dislocated workers.
· AMERICANS LOST OVER 2 MILLION JOBS IN 3 YEARS.

On Healthcare: " Government has great responsibility for public safety and public health."
· Bush cuts programs that cover uninsured Americans.
· Bush misrepresented his Medicare bill by $100 million to increase profits to the pharmaceutical interests.
· Bush falsely claimed that stem cell research would not advance medical science.
· Bush reduced the public's right to take legal action against improper drug advertising by 80%.
· Bush Cut $15.7 million from programs dealing with child abuse and neglect.
· Bush withdrew public information on chemical plant dangers previously used to hold facilities accountable for community illnesses.
On Personal Responsibility and Character: "Our public interest depends of private character…and basic fairness."
· Bush awards war contracts to companies who donated millions of dollars to his campaign.
· Bush gives all companies doing business in Iraq immunity from lawsuits.
· Bush pushes through corporate tax breaks without Congressional approval

On the Environment: "My plan is for cleaner air, protection of our environment so that our children and grandchildren will enjoy it as we have."
· Bush blocked EPA report stating the dangerous levels of asbestos at ground zero.
· Bush refuses to enforce the clean air act.
· Bush cuts funding for research into renewable energy by 50%.
· Abandoning the Kyoto treaty, although 178 other countries sign it.
· Bush cut half a billion from the EPA budget.
· Abandoned campaign pledge to regulate carbon dioxide emissions.
· Opening up National Parks to oil drilling.

ARGH!

I'm attempting to come up with a point by point reply. This asshat just came into my office and asked me if I got the important message. I said, "Yes, but it appears to be lost on you."
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell him to FOAD!

There are ways to deal with his crap.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Send him a BUCH/CHENEY '04 flyer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask him if he believes everything he reads on the internet.

Then tell him if you type something you read on the internet, into an email and send it to someone it automatically makes it true...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it really cuts into my ARFCOM surfing time
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd tell HR he's harassing you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Find out what the corporate policy is on email/systems usage; guarantee it is for business use only. Then report his ass to HR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I am sure this is already covered in your e-mail policies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Send it to HR.  Let them know that he's using company property for personal business, participating in emailing fowards, and sending you non-business related emails even though you have asked him to stop.

Also let your IT department know this as well.  If they have any problems with limited resources, crap like this only makes their job worse and they will be happy to put the smack down on someone making them look bad.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Federal employees can get in a lot of trouble for sending out stuff like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't you just kick his ass and be done with it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
You can't send this to me at work because some girly-man HR rep. made a rule about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]
That would not be tolerated where I work even though we have a shitpot load of libbys working there.  The rules are clear about political meanderings.  Tell you buddy he should take his d!ck out of Joes mouth and get his azz back to work!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]
So, he just mailed me this now... clearly he has upped the ante with a little sexual harrassment thrown in for good measure.

Michelle,

Sorry to bust your chops. But you really have no idea what you're thinking by voting for Bush. I thought that women were supposed to be liberal by default! You really ought to research what the rePUBES stand for before you go to the voting rink. RePUBES will go straight for your throat in every way possible by stripping you of your civil rights. Make no mistake, you're in for a world of trouble as a woman and as a human being if Bush is re-unelected. And you don't look like a RePUBE anyway. You're way too cute to be a Right Winger! Republican women are frumpy and dowdy and your little skirt that you have on just screams 'I AM WOMAN! HEAR ME ROAR!" Don't you want to roar and be heard? Only a liberal will listen! I hear you loud and clear, honey!

Steven
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Chelle,

Why don't you give us his e-mail address?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So, he just mailed me this now... clearly he has upped the ante with a little sexual harrassment thrown in for good measure.

Michelle,

Sorry to bust your chops. But you really have no idea what you're thinking by voting for Bush. I thought that women were supposed to be liberal by default! You really ought to research what the rePUBES stand for before you go to the voting rink. RePUBES will go straight for your throat in every way possible by stripping you of your civil rights. Make no mistake, you're in for a world of trouble as a woman and as a human being if Bush is re-unelected. And you don't look like a RePUBE anyway. You're way too cute to be a Right Winger! Republican women are frumpy and dowdy and your little skirt that you have on just screams 'I AM WOMAN! HEAR ME ROAR!" Don't you want to roar and be heard? Only a liberal will listen! I hear you loud and clear, honey!

Steven

That's definitely HR reportable stuff.  Don't think for a minute that, were the shoe on the other foot, they wouldn't do the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Michelle,

Steven

Am I the only one who can tell he's gay?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Just do what I do every time one of these pukes sends you a forward.  Forward them on to you HR department notifying them of the misuse of business resources.

At the same time, create a folder in outlook for this person.  Place all these type of emails in that folder for later use.  This way you have built a history against them in case HR doesn't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#19]
He definitely needs a butt whompin now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just do what I do every time one of these pukes sends you a forward.  Forward them on to you HR department notifying them of the misuse of business resources.

At the same time, create a folder in outlook for this person.  Place all these type of emails in that folder for later use.  This way you have built a history against them in case HR doesn't do anything about it.

+1 Save it.  And if one of the pukes is in I.S. print a hard copy and file it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#21]

I don't even know how to get into my email account  @ work.  I know I have one.. dcx something. Probably full of some mindless drivel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Kick his ass!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Michelle,

Steven

Wow, sexual harrassment for sure! And this coming from the oh so tolerant left wing

A liberal like that would never make any generalizations, or prejudgments about anybody. It's only the "rePUBES" that do things like that...

Aw hell, I was trying to highlight the specific areas of that email, but the whole thing stinks. I should have just made the whole thing red...oh well...report that moron.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Chelle,

Why don't you give us his e-mail address?

Now that could be fun!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'd tell HR he's harassing you.

+1.
And I'd do it AFTER sending an email requesting he stop.

Use their own 'politically correct' systems against them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Michelle,

Steven

Am I the only one who can tell he's gay?

No, you're not.  C'mon Chelle!  Send us his e-mail address!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Michelle,

Steven

I would print that 100 times and SLAM that sorry fuckin POS for SH and WTH ever else I could think of. DO NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT!

And yes I think he sucks dick, get that faggot fired and or sent to jail if possible.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent the emails I posted here as well as several more that I dug up in my deleted folder to Human Resources. About thirty minutes before I left today I was called into HR's office. Ronda, the HR manager, was aghast that I had not brought this to her attention prior to this incident. I admitted that I had not read all of the emails that I sent to her because I rarely read them.

She showed me a copy she had printed out where Steven, le asshat, was commenting about my breasts looking "hot" in my shirt and another one asking me if "rePUBES shaved their Bushes.." Apparently my ignoring him thus far had done nothing to dissuade him from making his comments and sending me the emails.

For the most part, he kept the mass emails all political in nature, but there were some that came to just me. Those were the ones that were sexual in nature that I did not know about until today. That's my own fault for automatically deleting his messages.

At any rate, le asshat was gone by the time our meeting ended. Ronda is presenting her findings to the president of the company tomorrow, but since we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment she assures me that he will be fired.

I'm concerned on two counts... Steven was arrested previously for assault and battery to his wife, who was in the process of divorcing him. His temper is legendary. And two ... if he is fired tomorrow my assigned parking place is roughly twenty feet from his and he may damage my car and/or lie in wait for me.

I do have a concealed carry permit, but weapons are prohibited from company grounds.

I think my hubby will be taking me to and picking me up from work for the next few days. :(
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Michelle,

Steven

Wow!  You can so get him fired for that!  At a minimum a nice stern warning.  We've had people fired at work for stuff like this.  I work in IT and I'd be pissed about people "SPAM"ing this crap around on our Notes servers.  Report his ass and smile when he gets booted!  Remind him that some tree-hugging hippie also made sure you could get the crap sued out of you for sexual harrasment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I sent the emails I posted here as well as several more that I dug up in my deleted folder to Human Resources. About thirty minutes before I left today I was called into HR's office. Ronda, the HR manager, was aghast that I had not brought this to her attention prior to this incident. I admitted that I had not read all of the emails that I sent to her because I rarely read them.

She showed me a copy she had printed out where Steven, le asshat, was commenting about my breasts looking "hot" in my shirt and another one asking me if "rePUBES shaved their Bushes.." Apparently my ignoring him thus far had done nothing to dissuade him from making his comments and sending me the emails.

For the most part, he kept the mass emails all political in nature, but there were some that came to just me. Those were the ones that were sexual in nature that I did not know about until today. That's my own fault for automatically deleting his messages.

At any rate, le asshat was gone by the time our meeting ended. Ronda is presenting her findings to the president of the company tomorrow, but since we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment she assures me that he will be fired.

I'm concerned on two counts... Steven was arrested previously for assault and battery to his wife, who was in the process of divorcing him. His temper is legendary. And two ... if he is fired tomorrow my assigned parking place is roughly twenty feet from his and he may damage my car and/or lie in wait for me.

I do have a concealed carry permit, but weapons are prohibited from company grounds.

I think my hubby will be taking me to and picking me up from work for the next few days. :(

Good for you. You did the right thing. As for your safety I would talk to HR and/or the president about that and let them know that it is their responsibility to provide you with a safe work environment. Tell them how worried you are about this asshole doing something to you or your car based on his being fired and based on the past history of violence that he has.

I'm willing to bet that if you make sure they know that your safety and well being is now on thier shoulders if they're going to take away your own right to defend yourself by not letting you carry they might be willing to rethink their policy, or at least provide you and your property protection as long as you're on company grounds.

It's your right to work in a safe environment. Personlly, I'd carry anyway...of course it's not legal to have CCW in my state
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I would think your IT dept could just go back into his mailbox and go through all the emails he sent, not just to you, and I bet he has other damaging emails not just to you. Then they could simply say that the mail software picked up keywords in his mailbox, and upon investigation by IT it was discovered...blah blah. I bet he's stupid enough to not make the connection, especially if he has been sending these to you for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#33]
The only question I have for you is what's more important, your job, or your life ?

I would suggest that if this individual has a history of violence,  You concealed carry regardless of your company's policy right now....  A  small(ish) handgun in a fair sized womans handbag is quite easy to hide, unless all you own is a cannon...  

And short of metal detectors, who would know unless you told someone that you were.  

It's YOUR life and safety,  Never trust useless company 'policies' to protect it in such a situation....

If you feel this person is potentially a real threat, Think long and hard about what I just said...

Hope things work out ok for you , And pray that this idiot finds enough common sense to leave you alone

Best of luck,

JB
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I really hate that!  Same with my co BTW. I think I would have to fudge the rules a little if I were in your shoes, for the next few days anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, Steven was fired today. I don't feel guilty in the least. He was screaming so loud that the walls were vibrating. He totally went off. When he went past my office he yanked my inbox off the door and threw it into my office, barely missing my head. I told him to back the &*&^$% off and he acted like he was going to walk into my office, but Cornelius, the warehouse manager (an ex-marine with bulgy muscles) got between us and told Steven to think twice. The police arrived at this point and told him to clean out his desk while they watched and kept the peace.

HR went into the cubicle with him and he started a rant about the fact that *I* am a woman and have made operations manager at my job and claimed that I just don't like men. Whatever. I stayed pretty much to myself during this altercation and didn't reply in kind. Then he took the first box to his car and you have to pass my office to get to where the cubicles are ... on the way back in he made this mock leap move and smacked himself on the chest (good grief!) and told me that I better watch my back.

Apparently that is a terroristic threat and because he said it in front of so many witnesses I can get a warrant, but I'm concerned about that. I may just let it die out because he's clearly a first rate jackass. I don't know what good would come of getting a warrant. The cops advised me to get a warrant and a restraining order because HR advised them of his shady past.

After he left our phones started ringing off the hook and someone would blow a whistle into the receiver or just slam the phone down. We did the *69, but it was apparently blocked or private so HR alerted the phone company.

It was crazy.

He doesn't know where I live, but that doesn't prevent him from following me home. My husband works right across the street from where I do, but he works second and I work first so I'm home alone a good bit of the day. But this ass will NOT get under my skin to the point that I'm looking over my shoulder. To hell with that. I've decided to carry my gun because THE LAW says that I can and I have a permit and if my job doesn't understand this based on what went down today then I can find another job. I was looking when I found that one.

Thanks for all the advice, guys!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well, Steven was fired today. I don't feel guilty in the least. He was screaming so loud that the walls were vibrating. He totally went off. When he went past my office he yanked my inbox off the door and threw it into my office, barely missing my head. I told him to back the &*&^$% off and he acted like he was going to walk into my office, but Cornelius, the warehouse manager (an ex-marine with bulgy muscles) got between us and told Steven to think twice. The police arrived at this point and told him to clean out his desk while they watched and kept the peace.

HR went into the cubicle with him and he started a rant about the fact that *I* am a woman and have made operations manager at my job and claimed that I just don't like men. Whatever. I stayed pretty much to myself during this altercation and didn't reply in kind. Then he took the first box to his car and you have to pass my office to get to where the cubicles are ... on the way back in he made this mock leap move and smacked himself on the chest (good grief!) and told me that I better watch my back.

Apparently that is a terroristic threat and because he said it in front of so many witnesses I can get a warrant, but I'm concerned about that. I may just let it die out because he's clearly a first rate jackass. I don't know what good would come of getting a warrant. The cops advised me to get a warrant and a restraining order because HR advised them of his shady past.

After he left our phones started ringing off the hook and someone would blow a whistle into the receiver or just slam the phone down. We did the *69, but it was apparently blocked or private so HR alerted the phone company.

It was crazy.

He doesn't know where I live, but that doesn't prevent him from following me home. My husband works right across the street from where I do, but he works second and I work first so I'm home alone a good bit of the day. But this ass will NOT get under my skin to the point that I'm looking over my shoulder. To hell with that. I've decided to carry my gun because THE LAW says that I can and I have a permit and if my job doesn't understand this based on what went down today then I can find another job. I was looking when I found that one.

What a fag!

If you're anywhere in Gwinnett Co. let me know if I can help out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Two words:

Restraining Order

Edit to add:  Yes, I know it will not protect you, but if he starts lurking around the cops can hook him up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Two words:

Restraining Order

Edit to add:  Yes, I know it will not protect you, but if he starts lurking around the cops can hook him up.

+1,000,000!!!!!

You need to do this based on the threats he has made to you in front of witnesses including the Police{?}.  Remember, no police report, it didn't happen.  Any police reports can be introduced as evidence in the event you have to shoot to protect your life.  Do it.

Good luck!!!!

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Why do so many women refuse to follow common sense advice when they are abused or threatend?  Do you think you might hurt his feelings if you get a warrant and a restraining order TO PROTECT YOURSELF?  Go back and read the part in red, here let me repeat it, THE COPS SAID...get a warrant and restraining order.  Cops deal with these types of assholes on a daily basis and know what they are capable of, unless you know how to do their job better than they do then you would be well advised to follow their advice.

If you don't you are really putting yourself in a dangerous situation.  For example, let's say you don't follow the cops advice and don't at least getting a restraining order, suppose you stop somewhere on the way to work.  Steve was following you, not illegal, get's out and walks right up to you, not illegal, yells, screams, and goes off about how much of a bitch you are, still not illegal, and then stands there intimidating you, still not illegal.  Do you want to give him legal rights to do that?  If not, get the restraining order and if you see him anywhere around you then you can call the cops and have him arrested.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad to hear you're going to carry. Definitely, DEFINITELY get that restraining order!

You have absolutely every right to do that and you should do that for all the reasons mentioned above. Besides, if you have a restraining order and he approaches you and you have to pull your gun on him and even shoot the fucker it's going to be a lot easier on you in court then if you had no restraining order at all.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe a fire mission is in order here... suggest you bring this up in your hometown forum. Gotta be a LEO in your area. He does not sound like a happy camper. WHatever it takes to insure the safety of you and yours.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It was crazy.

You need to stop using names in these posts.  You are giving WAY too much personally identifiable information, and someone from DU could easily track you down and try to get you fired for carrying or worse in retaliation for what happened to one of their own.

I'm not paranoid -- I've SEEN it happen to someone else who gave LESS information than you have.

I urge you to edit immediately.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#43]
+100000000000 on the restraining order - if for nothing else than if he DOES come after you and you ventilate him, no jury in America will convict you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Good decision on the CCW, IMHO. Definitely get a restraining order and anything else you can do. If nothing else, if you have to blast him, it'll look good in court.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I cannot believe your company fired this guy with that lack of security. Throwing things at you?!? I work for a security company and when our client decides to terminate someone with this kind of background we bring in multiple armed security officers who are ex-marines and even an ex-green Beret, and a 260lb guy who will make anyone think twice about an outburst like that. I'm sorry you had to experience this type of behavior, you seem to be have taken it very well though.

BTW *57 will trace a call regardless of any private status.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Get the restraining order.  My wife worked at the DA's office for 11.5 years and has seen all kinds of crap.  She was a victims advocate.  Heck, I've stayed up at night because of people getting pissed off over my wife helping people.  There were two times that she actually was named in a "contract".  Having the umbrella of a restraining order does help.  You need to do it just for legal record.  Take care of yourself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
GET THE FRIGGING WARRANT AND RO ALREADY!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow........he must really think he's a man.....throwing things at a woman....what a fuck-stick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
GET THE FRIGGING WARRANT AND RO ALREADY!

+infinity
Get it done, get it on the books before the insane bastard forces you to shoot him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Second the order it's going to cost you some money but see if the company wil help out with that. We had a real bad stalker case and when an order finally came down the judge set very specific guideines (bordering on extralegal)for the "respondant" read ASSWIPE. Many of us had contact with the bad guy previously and we kind of wanted him to know we would be watching him so we had a unit set up at the entrance to his neighborhood to greet him in the morning, another at his work then we would do paper in the parking lot of his employer when we had the chance and repeat the process on his way home. The tables turned and his behavior was modified. You described some criminal acts that you sould at least report to law enforcement and consider filing on. Second on the use lack of namesIDing info  in future posts as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top