Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2007 6:40:39 AM EDT
I am proud of what our members do for the troops on the sharp end of the spear... But their families here in the US are often left going without vital goods when their spouses are off at war. Enter Unmet Needs, which most of you have likely seen or read about before.

I do not know if it's possible to set up an Arfcom-only donation group, but I would like to challenge Arfcom members to not only donate to the troops... but also to their families roughing it back in the States.

More later. I hope I can get the Unmet Needs folks to set something up like this so we can track our giving. I would like this to be a few things: A shot in the arm to Unmet needs as well as a positive way for outsiders to look at Arfcom. Us "black rifle" guys aren't all that bad after all!

Ping this thread with your thoughts please.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
TAG!
Let's keep this on top guys. It is a good thing!
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
TAG!
Let's keep this on top guys. It is a good thing!

I have an email in to Unmet Needs right now, just awaiting response.

I am hoping they can set up a page for us to track our donations so we can berate the membership for not giving more. If they can't, no big deal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm in.......tell me what to do...........
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Still no word.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still no word.

they must not need anything................
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Please ask Striker before starting any donation drives.

woops - My apologies, I hadn't thought about needing to ask.

If they ever get back to me and wish to go forward with the idea I will definitely seek permission first.

jim
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top