Posted: 11/7/2001 2:37:18 PM EDT
... Yes, the campaign in Afghanistan should not stop

or...

... No, hostilities must cease during Ramadan

go here to vote:
[url]http://www.cnn.com/CNNI/Programs/qa/qa/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It just kills me that this question would even be asked. Does anyone in their right mind think for one second that if the roles were reversed, the Taliban would let up on Easter or Christmas?

The question itself is ridiculous. I say increase the tempo of operations during Ramadan, and give them the finger with one hand while stuffing pork sausages up their asses with the other.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely! Let 'em rip with those 5,ooolb bombs regardless of the day or month or year or century. It's only war, we must be PC with the new army now too? >gg<
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, can't wait for winter to come and make all those hide-e-holes glow bright red against the cold rock background.  Hope it snows like hell during Ramadan.

Winter plus a few hundred bunker buster bombs equals a bunch of dead terrorists.  Not going to have to worry about the press bitching about dead innocents, either.

Blow 'em straight to hell, holiday or not.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't believe this. As of right now 32% believe that the bombing should stop for Ramadan. Are these people brain dead? How in the hell did this question even get asked? During WWII were people asking Hitler to be nice during Thanksgiving or Christmas? How about spring break?

Sometimes people make me sick with their political correctness. The bombing needs to continue until they give up. Until the crawl on their hands and knees begging for the bombing to stop with Osama in shackles behind them we need to keep on killing. What a slap in the face to all of the people killed in the Trade Center and Pentagon and all of the people in those planes.

I bet those 32% would be singing a different tune if it was a member of their family that was killed in the attacks.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
don't stop until they all give up or die.

[50]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I think it should stop for Ramadan the year AFTER the terrorist scums are all dead.  They are just sitting ducks now with no air power or defense.  Why should we let them dig in further?  Because we are nice guys?  They are royal SOB's.  Get the job done as quickly as possible.  Watch-Six out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Bomb until pigs fly!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Those people that think we should stop need to grow up.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, I would INCREASE the bombing during Ramadan... but I am evil like that anyway. [}:D]

Tyler
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/TylerDurden%2Flogo%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with the sentiments aired here and many other places. Bomb them from dusk to dawn. :)

we need a bombing smilie.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, for me anyway it's always felt like a holiday when we bomb somebody.
I guess in this situation it's double the fun!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
If we stopped bombing during ramadan, that would signify a link between church and state. Aren't the liberals always complaining about that, such as a college student wants to use a government scholarship to attend a private religious school.
Bomb 'em!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Not only should we stop bombing those nice people but we should also stop eating pork during their religious holidays and we should probably donate some of our tax money to them to help them rebuild.
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS?!?!?!?
HELL NO we should not stop!!! Bomb till its one large gravel parking lot as far as I am concerned. And I think we should use squeling pigs and the sounds of people eating pork over loud speakers for PsyOps. And last but not least we should NOT fund the rebuilding of their country unless we own it or at least have major dibs on any of their natural resources we desire and the ability to have a major military base there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
They some dead mo fo's whatever day of the week it is.  

smoke em if ya got em GW!

[-=(_)=-]
Payback's a bitch ah sahmi?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
As of when I voted, it was 75% for the bombing, and 25% to stop the bombing during Ramadan.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
i'm kind of young to be talking about vietnam (born in 78')but the vc did not honor the lunar new year and observe the cease fire - thus the tet offensive occured.  am i right on this?  there are no rules in war, they will hit us anytime they can, we need to stop them before this can happen.  i could care less if their religion has a big holiday...it's my birthday on the 13th, do you think they'd decide to wait until another day to bomb something?  f__k em.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#18]
"Should the bombing continue during Ramadan?"

sure.

and during thanksgiving...and christmas...and chinese new year...and sweetest day...and mikhail timofeyovich kalashnikov's birthday...and...
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I do not think it should continue as nightly as it is..................................................................................Ramadan = 24/7....... send those diaperheads to their reward!![:o]ALL OF THEM!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Umm, I dont keep a muslim calinder- but hasn't Ramadan already begun? And we are bombing more than ever so... why the discussion???
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#21]
YEP!
[:)>]
the bombs dont know the difference.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#22]
YES YES and again YES.

Why?

1) Taliban says that they will fight also during Ramadan. It's allowed by the Koran. So if they are not willing to stop, why should we?

2) In October 1973 Arab countries attacked Israel during Yom Kippur. So this was called "The Yom Kippur War", but ONLY BY THE WESTERN COUNTRIES AND ISRAEL! In the Arab countries this is remembered as RAMADAN WAR... again, if they can combat and bomb during Ramadan, why can't we do the same?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#23]
The Geneva Convention doesn't have a problem with that do they?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:02:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Umm, I dont keep a muslim calinder- but hasn't Ramadan already begun? And we are bombing more than ever so... why the discussion???
View Quote

... because the CNN poll in the link was posted prior to it's commencement.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:21:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Stop it?  Hell no - step it up - maybe even
double the pace.  Drop Big Blue's instead of
5000 pounders.  Let them pray to their god all
they want.  Eventually they'll figure out how
much it's helping them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#26]
one word    NO

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Sure, but with one minor change.  Smear all of the bombs with pig fat.  Or, at least tell them we are.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
Daisy Cutters
No more Taliban
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#29]
PaoloAR15 nailed it.  If they can launch a war during a holy period for both Islam and Jews, why do the idiots here even consider not continuing the war ????
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
YEP!
[:)>]
the bombs dont know the difference.
View Quote

LMAO! Da Bombs, Osama, Da Bombs!!
Let'em fall baby!!

BigDozer66      [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
BOMBS AWAY!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes! Dont let them motherf@ckers breathe
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Do you really think these arseholes would stop for Christmas or Easter. Fuck no!

Keep the bombs falling, but more sorties. We need heavier action. Pick up the pace, give the enemy no relief. Never give in to the whinging minority of bleeding hearts.

Every C130 there should do a daily cutting mission 3 times a day. Oh ya, bring on more fuel-air weapons too. Suck the air right out of those caves, and out of the lungs of the gutless murdering cowards who hide there.

SHOW NO MERCY DURING THEIR "HOLY MONTH"!!!
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
one word    NO

[-=(_)=-]
View Quote

... you must be one of the 23% of the pacifists that voted on the site huh?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#36]
The bombing should be stopped before Ramadan begins, If we can "KILL ALL THE BASTARDS" before it begins!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top