Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
only the female teachers

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if they're hot.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I still have no idea how it happens.  How does that conversation get started??
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Poll coming

..get it?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
only the HOT female teachers  

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
if the student is over the age of consent then yes.  

it shouldnt be a felony to hook up with a legal adult just based on socio-ecomonic standing...freedom of association and all that

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, everything should be legal. Living immorally has no societal consequences.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only if they're hot female  

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Only if they're hot female teachers.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
What happens if the student wants to end it with the teacher, but the teacher is the clingy stalker type?  Do y'all really think a 13, 14, 15 year-old kid is really able to deal with a vindictive crazy chick with power over him?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What happens if the student wants to end it with the teacher, but the teacher is the clingy stalker type?  Do y'all really think a 13, 14, 15 year-old kid is really able to deal with a vindictive crazy chick with power over him?

Or man?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
only the female teachers  

first post an all
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Legally? Ok.

Professionally?  They should be fired.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

it shouldnt be a felony to hook up with a legal adult just based on socio-ecomonic standing...freedom of association and all that

+1

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#15]
If it helps them learn.  It's for the children.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Only for extra credit.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

only the female teachers  

Quoted:

Only if they're hot.  

And only if I can re-enroll.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or man?

I figure most of the grown men on here wouldn't be able to handle that situation on their own.

Seriously, menatally stable people don't have sex with young teenagers in the United States.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Although it is far from ethical, if it''s legal (in terms of consent and age)...yes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

there you go all better
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I voted no. You know the whole position of authority, mentoring, teaching values etc. I'm not a parent so my opinion is probably worthless, just what I think.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I voted no. You know the whole position of authority, mentoring, teaching values etc. I'm not a parent so my opinion is probably worthless, just what I think.

so a police officer should never be able to have sex with anyone that lives in their jurisdiction because they have authority over them?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or man?

I figure most of the grown men on here wouldn't be able to handle that situation on their own.

Seriously, menatally stable people don't have sex with young teenagers in the United States.

No shit.

Lots of WTF in this one
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Only if the Europeans are doing it.  Because, um....they are European and not sooo....."provincial".
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

so a police officer should never be able to have sex with anyone that lives in their jurisdiction because they have authority over them?

That's a lot different than a teacher student relationship and you know it
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+3 age of consent is age of consent.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
If the students are of age, then it is an issue between the teachers and their employer, not a legal issue.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's hot though

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or man?

No shit.

Lots of WTF in this one

Meh, not surprising; many members here are young enough to still be fantasizing about their 11th-grade math teacher.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a lot different than a teacher student relationship and you know it

yeah, i know but almost all of these laws prohibit sex with any school employee.  what 'authority' does a janitor, lunch lady, bus driver, etc have over a legally consenting student.  there is also no requirement that the teacher/student are even at the same school.  a girl in TX was charged with this for sleeping with an over the age of consent high school student that was a friend of the family, even though she lived/worked in another city

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#35]

I've known people who have had teacher/student relationships wind up in marriage.  College, but still creepy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As a professor who had one of his hot young college students offer him sex for a grade, I can conclusively say it's not that simple.

Yeah, she was legal age, so the worst that would have happened was me getting fired had I taken her up on it.  But do you really think it's fair to the rest of the class for the teacher –– who gives out grades to all students, BTW –– to be giving a special deal to one in particular because she polishes his knob?

Sex between students and teachers is as stupid as sex between lawyers and clients, doctors and patients, prosecutors and defendants, bosses and employees.  It's an inherently unequal relationship that will almost always result in problems.  No orgasm is good enough to be worth the hassle.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I am a teacher and I say no,  it is never ok.  The way I look at it is simple, people trust educators with what is hopefully the most important part of their life.  To take advantage of that trust is just wrong to me.  

ERic
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As a professor who had one of his hot young college students offer him sex for a grade, I can conclusively say it's not that simple.

Yeah, she was legal age, so the worst that would have happened was me getting fired had I taken her up on it.  But do you really think it's fair to the rest of the class for the teacher –– who gives out grades to all students, BTW –– to be giving a special deal to one in particular because she polishes his knob?

Sex between students and teachers is as stupid as sex between lawyers and clients, doctors and patients, prosecutors and defendants, bosses and employees.  It's an inherently unequal relationship that will almost always result in problems.  No orgasm is good enough to be worth the hassle.

Sex is sex.  Sex for grades is...let me think...cheating.  Dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

How is that different from the young employee who offers sex to her boss for a raise/promotion?

Stop bringing the law and government into all facets of life.  Situations like those above  are purely to be resolved within their respective organizations.  If a professor traded grades for sex, fire him; if a manager traded sex for a promotion, fire him as well.  It's quite simple.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There should be no criminal penalties for adults having sex with consenting adults.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sex is sex.  Sex for grades is...let me think...cheating.  Dumbass.

Right.  Because a teacher who is getting some on the side from one of his students will be completely objective when it comes time to give out grades.  Plus, the student would never, ever expect a good grade because she let the teacher SIIHPAPP.

And a principal who gets some good stuff from a misbehaving girl won't hesitate at all to discipline her when she acts up in class.  And the girl would never, ever tell anyone else about their illicit relationship.  And the news would never, ever cause problems in the school.

And you call me a dumbass....  

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Sure I had teachers I wanted to romp, but from a more mature perspective, what happened to just teaching your students?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

How is that different from the young employee who offers sex to her boss for a raise/promotion?

Stop bringing the law and government into all facets of life.  Situations like those above  are purely to be resolved within their respective organizations.  If a professor traded grades for sex, fire him; if a manager traded sex for a promotion, fire him as well.  It's quite simple.

Um, where did I say that the government should be automatically involved?  Watch that knee jerk; you might knock a tooth out.

Sex between teachers and students in public schools is illegal because the overwhelming majority of young men or women are below the age of consent for the time they are in the public schools.  In order to prevent teachers from grooming them while they are underage almost all states have set up a legal barrier to sex with students.  If they are that hot for teacher, then they can wait until they graduate.

Oh, and are you seriously arguing that a prosecutor who has sex with persons he or she has filed criminal charges against should not face any legal consequences for having sex with them?  Do you really believe the defendant in that situation is capable of giving consent?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Man, I just looked at the poll.  If half the members of this site believe it is acceptable for ANYONE in a position of authority to engage in sex with subordinates, then it's perfectly understandable why the country is where it is.  Geez.  

The poll is asking about legality –– not moral hazard.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
if the student is over the age of consent and the teacher isn't directly in charge of that students' grades, then yes.  

This.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top