Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 1:29:07 PM EDT
I beginning to think certain law enforcement officers who know crap about their guns (i.e Sycracuse incident et al.) should have them taken away and their right to carry on the job revoked until proven otherwise (i.e. after HEAVY re-training) after having an "accident" that is THEIR fault. Most cops probably know their guns but some obviously don't....

CRC
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I concur and lets expand that to car accidents also. Anyone who is at fault, should have their license revoked and car impounded. Mandatory driver's education refresher and retest.[%|]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This might fit better in General Discussion??

I can move it if you like...

Arock
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
O.K., while we are at it let's include drivers who have personal injury accidents. How about taking away the right of children when a person proves by acts of stupidity that they can't take care of them, maybe sterilization? Should we throw those out of the military who prove to be inept, (as a military member it would be many!). And don't forget the average citizen who screws up with a firearm, bam no more guns, ever. Maggots who get free housing and trash it, to the tent city. Where are you going to stop? McDonalds fry cooks who screw up your order, to the unemployment line.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Long as they're qualified to be LEO's they should be qualified to have guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Moving the thread to GD...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
how about this.
you accidently point the weapon at a person
you accidently put your finger on the trigger
you accidently pull the trigger
you accidently kill someone

you are charged with a new federal law called accidental homicide.  it would be a felony with a mandatory 20 year jail sentance or better yet a death sentence.  ie you murder you die.

only in Texas
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If they accidentally kill more than three people, then they should get extra training!

other than that, they're good to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top