Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:22:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:23:19 AM EST
No.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:24:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 7:24:41 AM EST by DDiggler]
Who says you can only drive a vehicle on a state regulated road?

So, no.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:27:56 AM EST
Isn't a driver's license already a requirement? I've always had to show my license to take delivery of a car.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:28:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 7:30:16 AM EST by wmounts]
Isn't a driver's license already a requirement? I've always had to show my license to take delivery of a car.

Oops, looks like I got the 2 for 1 special.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:29:19 AM EST
My dealer won't sell to anyone without a valid DL.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:29:22 AM EST
No.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:29:38 AM EST
No.

I like my liberties left alone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:29:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:30:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Originally Posted By wmounts:

Not in this state.

I tow two to three cars a weekend from illegals with no DL.

Wow
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:31:08 AM EST
Not just yes but hell yes. I am tired of pulling over No Gotties who own the car they are driving.

No Gottie means no gottie insurance, no gottie license, no gottie citizenship, no gottie inspection.

Worked too many fatalities where the no gottie ran from accident rather than get tagged for being drunk and killing s 8omeone on the highway.

Thanks G Fn W 8 years to address immigration and NADA!!!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:31:16 AM EST
A few days ago I was actually asking about one illegal who would hang out at my job from time to time. Turns out he got deported recently after his FOURTH DUI with no DL, insurance or registration.

This means he had three prior DUIs, each time, no DL, no registration and no insurance. Why the fuck was he still here to get busted a fourth time? Wanna get serious about illegals, how about having a court system that actually does something about them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:33:57 AM EST

Not in this state.

So are these "government seized vehicles" that eventually get auctioned off, or does is someone with a valid license allowed to pick it up after paying the impound fees?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:35:02 AM EST
Not to buy a car. Hell, not even to register one.

Mrs. Howell shouldn't need a DL for her Chauffeur to drive her in her Limo.

How would a Corporation buy cars?

Ranch Trucks? Race Cars? Collectors' cars?

Owning equipment and license to operate are entirely separate issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:38:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:43:42 AM EST
No.

The State of California has a requirement that all cars have insurance or a bond or they will not be reregistered. This law was not enforced until the fall of 2008.

California once has draconian laws for driving without insurance -repealed by the catering lobby of politicians in Sacramento.

California has a forfeiture law (after multiple incidents) of an uninsured accident - don't know if it is enforced.

The problem of illegal driving would be curtailed if:

1. you had a budget that permitted the vehicle of an uninsured motorist or an uninsured vehicle itself mandatory be impounded when detected;
2. you actually arrested and deported non citizens without proper papers following each traffic stop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:45:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:46:57 AM EST
I've been trying to get my car registered in PA for the last two months. What a colossal pain in the ASS. Nothing but bureaucratic nonsense left and right.

Where's my incentive to do it at all?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:51:22 AM EST
I am perfectly within my rights to buy a vehicle and not drive it ever. I need neither a DL or registration for the vehicle to sit and gather dust.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:53:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 7:55:43 AM EST by Dave_A]

financing?

It would help with a lot of the illegal problems.

Car sales should not be limited...

However, the opening of new financial accounts, including the issuance of new loans and lines of credit should require 2 forms of electronically verifiable ID, shown in person and validated over the Internet, on the spot...

This would cut down both illegal immigration 'issues' AND ID Theft...

Of course, first we need the electronically verifiable ID
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:55:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Not in this state.

So are these "government seized vehicles" that eventually get auctioned off, or does is someone with a valid license allowed to pick it up after paying the impound fees?

Valid DL and the vehicle is released.

There's the problem.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:55:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Beltfedleadhead:
I've been trying to get my car registered in PA for the last two months. What a colossal pain in the ASS. Nothing but bureaucratic nonsense left and right.

Where's my incentive to do it at all?

Depends on the state...

In WA, it's a $500 fine (Criminal traffic) and they tow your car...

Of course, in WA (where we have no income tax) they consider it tax evasion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:57:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 7:58:24 AM EST by Dave_A]
'Illegal to sell cars to an illegal' would really make no difference anyways - they'd just get their cars used from the classified, etc...

After all, the average private citizen has no way of telling who's legal or not...
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:13:11 AM EST
No. My 95 year old Grandmother, who is smart enough to realize she has no business behind the wheel, just went and bought herself a new Mercedes so someone else could drive her around. She voluntarily gave up her DL more than 15 years ago.
Top Top