Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/8/2004 8:28:18 PM EDT
Do you think you should have your date of registration and # of posts under your screen name? And why?

-poll coming-
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you think you should have your date of registration and # of posts under your screen name?

-poll coming-

I have mine tattooed in my forehead.

Damn - now I gotta change it AGAIN!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.

So what's your point?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes.

So what's your point?

I'm asking - why?  What's the point?  If this is too difficult for you - just pass on it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It don't matter, but check in with me when my count is 3k and a year or two from now!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]
what's the point of this thread
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
If we didn't, this would be useless:

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What the point of having a post count?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If we didn't, this would be useless:

+1

This is the first person to answer.  Not a good answer but at least its funny.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Should Your Post Count and Date of Registration Appear Under Your Name?

The question is....Why do YOU care ??
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because  

and yes we should have it
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#15]
post counts give a person ligitamacy. I have a low post count so no one cares what I say. Sgtar15 has a post count of 39000000000000000000000000000000000000 so he can post idiotic things and people will still give him the benifit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what's the point of even posting?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Should Your Post Count and Date of Registration Appear Under Your Name?

The question is....Why do YOU care ??

That's not the question (me being the author) but to answer, I'm curious as to why that feature exists.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#18]
A post count shows how involved you are in the site. I usually wont deal with people with low post counts in the EE. I dont think a scammer would run up a big post count.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
post counts give a person ligitamacy. I have a low post count so no one cares what I say. Sgtar15 has a post count of 39000000000000000000000000000000000000 so he can post idiotic things and people will still give him the benifit of the doubt.

Do you really believe that?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exchange of information - like what I'm seeking right now.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A post count shows how involved you are in the site. I usually wont deal with people with low post counts in the EE. I dont think a scammer would run up a big post count.

agreed.  i will absolutely not deal with anyone who uses this site just to sell things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thank you for your honesty.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed.  i will absolutely not deal with anyone who uses this site just to sell things.

Even the vendors?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously one of the biggest "Post Whores" on this forum would feel this way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That does make sense if you're dealing in the EE.  Good points from both of you.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Combat_Jack nailed it.

It's a way of keeping the posers and trolls in check.

People that come on here and ease their way into the community become accecpted over time.  Someone that just "fell off the turnip truck" that starts shooting off their mouth with a low post count/recent registration isn't going to last too long.

Think of this way.  When you visit someone's home for the first time you're on your best behavior.  You don't do stupid shit.  The longer you know that person the more relaxed and laid-back you can be and the more trust you establish between each other.  Nothing different going on here than that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I don't like to lose money and removing the post count and join date may cause me to do business with someone who is here to troll and scam me. It doesn't cost me extra to have a post count and join date under my name, so I don't worry about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you think you should have your date of registration and # of posts under your screen name? And why?

-poll coming-

Ever notice only new guys with low counts ask this.

Ever notice that whenever guys with low post counts ask this, it takes two pages to get more than one decent answer?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes.

Because I've earned it.

Keep your hands off of my intangible asset.

Now go away.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack nailed it.

People that come on here and ease their way into the community become accecpted over time.  Someone that just "fell off the turnip truck" that starts shooting off their mouth with a low post count/recent registration isn't going to last too long.

Think of this way.  When you visit someone's home for the first time you're on your best behavior.  You don't do stupid shit.  The longer you know that person the more relaxed and laid-back you can be and the more trust you establish between each other.  Nothing different going on here than that.

Thank you Airwolf.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like to lose money and removing the post count and join date may cause me to do business with someone who is here to troll and scam me. It doesn't cost me extra to have a post count and join date under my name, so I don't worry about.

Another good point focusing on the EE specifically.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack nailed it.

Finally I get some recognition around here
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-poll coming-

Ever notice that whenever guys with low post counts ask this, it takes two pages to get more than one decent answer?

No.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yes.

Because I've earned it.

Now go away.

You've "earned it" with posts similar to that?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

So what's your point?

I'm asking - why?  What's the point?  If this is too difficult for you - just pass on it.

I was just being a smartass....

A while back they removed the info and a small revolution ensued.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I think it shows who is actually invested in this site - in terms of both money and time.  I tend to seek the opinions of people who have made that investment in the site rather than someone who registers so they can post pictures of their goth hairstyles, pretend they were in Delta Force, call people psychopolitcal agents, and the numerous other silly distractions and bad behavior that occur here.  I think it just makes it easier to identify trouble makers.  

That being said, I don't overlook someone simply because they aren't a team member or have a low post count.  We all started that way, and not everyone with less than 1K posts is a "troll".  There are also members with high post counts who misbehave and post useless topics, but I think they are generally in the minority when it comes to Team Members.    
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-poll coming-

No.

Then what have you noticed if your answer is no?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
what is considered a high post count, 1k, 5k, 10k?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

So what's your point?

I was just being a smartass....

A while back they removed the info and a small revolution ensued.

Thank you, sir - I too, was being a smart ass.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Ask Eric. He defines "high post count" around here....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even the vendors?

unless they are giving stuff away, then prob. not....the ones i have bought stuff from at least make some posts in the other parts of the forums
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

Because I've earned it.

Now go away.

You asked a question.

You asked for a justification.

That's what I gave you.

Now just what the fuck else do you want?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I think it shows who is actually invested in this site - in terms of both money and time.  I tend to seek the opinions of people who have made that investment in the site rather than someone who registers so they can post pictures of their goth hairstyles, pretend they were in Delta Force, call people psychopolitcal agents, and the numerous other silly distractions and bad behavior that occur here.  I think it just makes it easier to identify trouble makers.  

That being said, I don't overlook someone simply because they aren't a team member or have a low post count.  We all started that way, and not everyone with less than 1K posts is a "troll".  There are also members with high post counts who misbehave and post useless topics, but I think they are generally in the minority when it comes to Team Members.    

I appreciate that response, thank you.  Very good points made.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Depends. I think that pretty much anything 3k or more is a high post count. I also note posting frequency too. i remember when 82ndAbn first started here, i thought he had an assistant to help him reply.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

ETH, Aimless, Doublefeed....those are outrageous.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even the vendors?

Especially the vendors.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even the vendors?

unless they are giving stuff away, then prob. not....the ones i have bought stuff from at least make some posts in the other parts of the forums

Really?  I wonder if anyone else uses that same logic.  It does tend to make some sense.  Equal involvement, customer awarness, and vendor history...good points.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

Because I've earned it.

Now go away.

You asked a question.

You asked for a justification.

That's what I gave you.

Now just what the fuck else do you want?

Nothing else from you.  But I appreciate your initail participation.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-poll coming-

Now that was funny! Sad, but true.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top