Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 8:42:11 AM EDT
Would the president forty years from now be responsible for all the heat stroke deaths and would the taxpayers have to pay for airconditioning? At least they won't drown....

Rebuilding New Orleans below sea-leval makes as much sense.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Would the president forty years from now be responsible for all the heat stroke deaths and would the taxpayers have to pay for airconditioning? At least they won't drown....

What we have learned this week is the welfare state has elevated a man as head of the household.  That man, the POTUS, is unrelated to the family.  He is not the baby daddy.  He is not the wage earner.  He is not the disciplinarian, nor the parent, or even the doctor.  And yet he is expected by the welfare family to provide for them, to care for them, and to protect them.  If he does not perform at perfection he is a failure.

My prayer is that this country has finally figured out the burden borne by a generous society from the welfare underclass and realizes the only way to slow the descent into chaos is to practice tough love.  That tough love cannot come from the President.  It must come from all of us from the productive class who are the true providers to and enablers of the welfare class.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]

"At least they won't drown...."

In the far future:
Much of Death Valley is below sea level but the ocean won't get a chance to flood it for another 5-10 million years or so if tectonic rifting continues to migrate eastward.

Today:
While it does not happen often there have been significant floods there during big storms, there have been drowning deaths there.

The unprepared/clueless/government tit suckers are always at risk.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Good point, we could get both floods and killing heat. We could just helicopter in water and haul out bodies on the same flight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't get the question. People already live in Death Valley.

But there is so much of it that is untouched and ready for development. Great place to sick a few billion bucks into housing, don't you think?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What we have learned this week is the welfare state has elevated a man as head of the household.  That man, the POTUS, is unrelated to the family.  He is not the baby daddy.  He is not the wage earner.  He is not the disciplinarian, nor the parent, or even the doctor.  And yet he is expected by the welfare family to provide for them, to care for them, and to protect them.  If he does not perform at perfection he is a failure.

My prayer is that this country has finally figured out the burden borne by a generous society from the welfare underclass and realizes the only way to slow the descent into chaos is to practice tough love.  That tough love cannot come from the President.  It must come from all of us from the productive class who are the true providers to and enablers of the welfare class.

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if he's not going to provide something, then he shouldn't keep asking me for more money.  What's all that money for?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a few houses in death valley already. I went to college with a Guy who grew up there and a bunch of us spent a christmas break there with his parents. It's a very nice place in the winter time.

You can bet that they don't expect the govt. to take care of their water supply or air conditioning though - the people who do live there seemed like a pretty responsible little community to me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There are a few houses in death valley already. I went to college with a Guy who grew up there and a bunch of us spent a christmas break there with his parents. It's a very nice place in the winter time.

You can bet that they don't expect the govt. to take care of their water supply or air conditioning though - the people who do live there seemed like a pretty responsible little community to me.

Yup, great place to put people who couldn't find their ass if they started looking with both hands in their back pockets.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope, the landscape is too fragile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top